Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict and the phantom roughing
(10-01-2017, 10:42 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The announcer went on a tirade about it being clean and complete BS.  This being televised and impossible to dispute, the league will issue a statement that it was a bad call, but it won't change anything.

No, Burfict has painted a bullseye on Burfict.  Do not attempt to pretend he does not have a history of smacking balls, twisting ankles, and leading with the helmet that created his image.

yea and it's a thing of beauty ain't it jfk? the effin man is a tackling MACHINE!! something this team has not had for a long time!
Quit bitchin about Burfict and I am gonna see to it you and anyone else that has your dumkoff attitude about him gets trolled but good! Whatever

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 11:14 AM)McC Wrote: Did I say anything even close to that?

What I'm saying is that what he did in college has nothing to do with anything.  The only thing that matters is each play and whether an actual foul was committed.  There can't be one set of rules for him and another for everyone else, plain and simple.  Why are you so against Burfict?

^This^

Look there's no doubt Burfict's actions in the past have helped cement a target on him, no doubt. And if he steps on a guys throat or twists an ankle or whatever I'd have no problem with a fine suspension etc.

This play has zero to do with any of the past issues It was a perfectly clean completely legal hit ! There was no blow to the helmet neck area, it was not in the knees/low. It wasn't a fist/arm to the head, it wasn't late by any standard.

And still he gets a flag. Complete BS call and mark my words if the Bengals don't raise holy hell about it more are coming.

Let the man play football.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm on Burfict's side too, but I'd like to see the play again so I can see how many steps he took after the ball left the QB's hand.

You should get 2 steps I believe. If he's within the 2 step limit then it was a terrible call. If it even looks like he's more than 2 steps then he's going to get penalized.

We can all agree that he's getting some really shit calls, but he's really gotta watch himself, Goodell is going to get him kicked out of the league eventually, and the Bengals are going to have some serious problems.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:48 AM)McC Wrote: It's a concerted effort by a group of guys who have been instructed to get rid of the player.  It's not some innocent human nature.  Stop acting like it is. 

And you keep harping ad nauseam on the college career, which is completely irrelevant.  The only relevant factor is each play and whether a foul was committed.  No player should have to play by a separate set of rules.

So the refs(league) should go back and look at college tapes for some of Burfict's hits.  How absurd is that.
Reply/Quote
I still don't think his hit on brown was illegal. Burfict is a beast and if he was on any team not named bengals he would not have been fined or suspended. His 3 game suspension this year is a joke. Well, so is the NFL now a days so...
Reply/Quote
It was a BS call, we had a pick on that play that was called back. Is it because he drove the QB into the ground?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 07:14 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It was a BS call, we had a pick on that play that was called back. Is it because he drove the QB into the ground?

He didn't "pile drive" the QB. He just tackled him and landed on him like you would if tackled somebody. It wasn't late either...
Reply/Quote
Damn. I wish Bengals fans would be this passionate in supporting Dalton.

Burfict brought this on himself. It's not right and I don't see anyone condoning it, supporting it, or being happy about it. He built this reputation through every level of the game. It's who he is. No, he shouldn't get flagged because they see his number, but it's going to happen. Yes, it's bullshit, but so is a lot of the extracurricular stuff he was doing early in his career. Unfortunately, this is how it is for him. Honestly, I think he enjoys it.

I'm far from a hater. I'm actually a big fan. Since I don't just blow smoke up his ass, people freak out and think I have it in for him. I love the guy. I love seeing him break people. Hit, stick, bust dick. I just wish he would be more mindful at times.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/josh_kirkendall/status/914571778915266562

Clean as can be
Reply/Quote
It was a clean hit, and as such nothing will happen to him. However, a turnover was taken away because of it and it could have hurt the team worse than it did. The man is not being targeted because of the Steelers, but because of the actions he made for himself in his first three seasons (and even earlier). Right or wrong, he will never receive the benefit of the doubt because of his past.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:03 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Well the steelers should have made their own bed over the past 40 plus years I have watched them cheap shot and injure players with regularity.

Do not see a target on them ?
.....or do you see/hear their own fans complain about it.
Reply/Quote
Has anyone heard of a fine coming or some form of punishment? It's been pretty quiet.... Maybe a league apology is coming...LMAO
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 11:57 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Has anyone heard of a fine coming or some form of punishment?  It's been pretty quiet.... Maybe a league apology is coming...LMAO

The league not giving him a fine is their idea of an apology for a bs call.  Whatever

Honestly, this team just won't get that apology from the league office like other teams have. I'd guess since the penalty had no impact on the game, they see no need to apologize, plus they can use this personal foul going forward to suspend Burfict again with that "pattern of behavior" bs line.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:59 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Here's some light-reading for you. He's been a dirty player since high school. This isn't just some conspiracy in the Pro's.

A complete history of Vontaze Burfict being the most reckless football player
Vontaze Burfict’s history of not caring about the well-being of others started long before he ever reached the NFL.

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/12/18/13351854/vontaze-burfict-history-cincinnati-bengals-asu-personal-fouls

The fact that SB Nation tried to help show his "reputation" before he became what he is now (probably the best LB in the league...that pick six in the preseason was just sick).  

Piggy was raping women (allegedly) at Miami long before he got to the NFL and had money to pay them off.  That is the kind of reputation that should follow someone.  This is just pure nonsense.  
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 07:14 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It was a BS call, we had a pick on that play that was called back. Is it because he drove the QB into the ground?

No, it's because he wears number 55 with an orange and black jersey.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 10:42 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The announcer went on a tirade about it being clean and complete BS.  This being televised and impossible to dispute, the league will issue a statement that it was a bad call, but it won't change anything.

No, Burfict has painted a bullseye on Burfict.  Do not attempt to pretend he does not have a history of smacking balls, twisting ankles, and leading with the helmet that created his image.

that's stupid....  you cant throw flags for a clean hit now because of dirty shit in the past.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:59 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Here's some light-reading for you. He's been a dirty player since high school. This isn't just some conspiracy in the Pro's.

A complete history of Vontaze Burfict being the most reckless football player
Vontaze Burfict’s history of not caring about the well-being of others started long before he ever reached the NFL.

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/12/18/13351854/vontaze-burfict-history-cincinnati-bengals-asu-personal-fouls

Quoting the Steelers to show how a player is dirty?? Haha credibility lost.

And really the only "dirty" play I saw in all this gibberish was the ball buster, and he got thrown on his ass and fined for it.. woopti doo. 

I'll take Burfict any day of the week over a guy like suh who will stomp on someone's leg, potentially ending their career. 

Is Burfict beating woman? Whipping his toddlers? Raping teenagers? Getting into alterations at strip clubs? Using drugs? Spitting in nurses faces? No.
Reply/Quote
well Hell officially froze over because somehow the NFL decided not to fine or suspend Burfict for the hit

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 05:31 PM)pally Wrote: well Hell officially froze over because somehow the NFL decided not to fine or suspend Burfict for the hit

In other words, there was no foul.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 11:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: that's stupid....  you cant throw flags for a clean hit now because of dirty shit in the past.

Again, this hit was clean.  But he will NEVER get the benefit of the doubt from the officials due to his own past actions.
Reply/Quote