Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict dropped 15 to 20 lbs.
http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/27233/vontaze-burfict-in-tremendous-shape-as-bengals-report-to-camp

Looks Like Burfict is coming into camp in tremendous shape. I thought last year he was not football ready until second half of the season. A healthy and in shape Burfict makes us a much better defense and football team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 12:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/27233/vontaze-burfict-in-tremendous-shape-as-bengals-report-to-camp

Looks Like Burfict is coming into camp in tremendous shape. I thought last year he was not football ready until second half of the season. A healthy and in shape Burfict makes us a much better defense and football team.

Contract year. Not surprised. But I agree, it will help the team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 12:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Contract year. Not surprised. But I agree, it will help the team.

This.

Still a good thing for 2017, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think the affect of Burfict's weight was greatly exaggerated. He still had an amazing year. The problems were elsewhere.

That said, it can't hurt to be in tip top shape.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 12:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think the affect of Burfict's weight was greatly exaggerated. He still had an amazing year. The problems were elsewhere.

That said, it can't hurt to be in tip top shape.

I love Burfict, but he was not great the first half of 2016 due to suspension and injury hurting his fitness level. We watched him play his way into football shape week by week and by second half was great.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Whatever Burfict has been doing to date has worked. I can see where shedding a few pounds could be beneficial to his knee.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Lock him up. Make him a top 5 paid LB. He is 26 going to be 27.

He should be our #1 priority
Reply/Quote
It's amazing how his presence on the field lifts the defense. He plays at such a high level but it's so much more than that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Anyone else catch that little phrase from Guenther? "You don't want your MIKE linebacker silent"????? I know our LBs play all over the place, but do you think he will be moving to Mike?
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 12:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/27233/vontaze-burfict-in-tremendous-shape-as-bengals-report-to-camp

Need to pay the man before he really takes the league by Storm this year, The Burfict Storm. Mellow

This guy's intensity brings our team to another level, he brings out our passion. We can win a Playoff game with him
out there even if Marv is the coach. We almost did, just need to have the Offense score enough points to make it not
so close. Pay this guy, he just might be my favorite Bengal.

Love how he hates the Stealers almost as much as me. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 02:01 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Anyone else catch that little phrase from Guenther?  "You don't want your MIKE linebacker silent"?????  I know our LBs play all over the place, but do you think he will be moving to Mike?

Nice catch, could happen at times. All of our starting backers can play all the spots and Vinny Rey to boot.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 02:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to pay the man before he really takes the league by Storm this year, The Burfict Storm. Mellow

This guy's intensity brings our team to another level, he brings out our passion. We can win a Playoff game with him
out there even if Marv is the coach. We almost did, just need to have the Offense score enough points to make it not
so close. Pay this guy, he just might be my favorite Bengal.

Love how he hates the Stealers almost as much as me. Smirk

I agree, Pay Da Man!!!  I love it when I meet people and they find out I'm a Bengals fan. Like clockwork I get asked about "Dirty Burfict"... They are shocked when I tell them, my favorite player!! I'll never understand the ankle twists or the nut tapping, but the man has cleaned up his act and is just plain intense....
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 01:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Lock him up. Make him a top 5 paid LB. He is 26 going to be 27.

Agreed.  Don't diddle with this one.  Get it done.  He's too valuable to play around with his contract.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 02:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice catch, could happen at times. All of our starting backers can play all the spots and Vinny Rey to boot.

Great news about Bufict 

and believe Vinny Rey is underrated. 

LB is one of the few spots that is not a concern of mine this season. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 02:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I agree, Pay Da Man!!!  I love it when I meet people and they find out I'm a Bengals fan. Like clockwork I get asked about "Dirty Burfict"... They are shocked when I tell them, my favorite player!! I'll never understand the ankle twists or the nut tapping, but the man has cleaned up his act and is just plain intense....

He didn't play dirty at all last year, completely agree he cleaned up that shit.

Burfict just flies around the field like no other, remember watching one game last year when we were losing and he
just thumped some guy so hard it just stood out. Still stands out in my mind, even when we lose he is fun to watch.

With him being in this good of shape he should be even funner to watch this year. Want him to retire a Bengal.

He would be like a living God in Pitt, it is that he is a Bengal that he gets the "Dirty" card from people who are not
in the know. He plays like the great LB's used to play and i think is the leading candidate to be the best LB'er in the
NFL this year after Kuechly's concussion troubles.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 02:01 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Anyone else catch that little phrase from Guenther? "You don't want your MIKE linebacker silent"????? I know our LBs play all over the place, but do you think he will be moving to Mike?

Well, he is the MIKE when in a nickel or dime packages and that's the majority of the game these days.

Burfict being healthy and not suspended has me the most excited about watching this team this year. I grew up playing linebacker (mostly), so they've always been my favorite players.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 01:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Lock him up. Make him a top 5 paid LB. He is 26 going to be 27.

Agreed. He and Atkins are the 2 guys that when they are out or not performing up to their usual level you notice the entire defense gets much worse
Reply/Quote
If Burfict is in this great of shape at the start of camp just imagine what he will be like by game 6 or 7 barring injury.

This Bengals Defense is going to be a circus fire...it's going to be in tents(Intense)...in other words, it's going to be fun to watch the Bengals destroy opposing Offenses.

Burfict in shape and Billings and Dunlap and Atkins and Rey and the Rookies and and and...

LET'S GET THE SEASON STARTED!!!

Can I get a WHO-DEY?!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 02:51 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: If Burfict is in this great of shape at the start of camp just imagine what he will be like by game 6 or 7 barring injury.

This Bengals Defense is going to be a circus fire...it's going to be in tents(Intense)...in other words, it's going to be fun to watch the Bengals destroy opposing Offenses.

Burfict in shape and Billings and Dunlap and Atkins and Rey and the Rookies and and and...

LET'S GET THE SEASON STARTED!!!

Can I get a WHO-DEY?!

WHO-DEY brother! Rock On

This Defense is what has me the most excited and you didn't even mention Minter or the deep Secondary all the while
our new coaches got that first year out of the way. The gelling process has begun, late last year in these coaches first
year we were hard to score and pass on. Adding Billings, Minter, Lawson, Willis, WJ3, are cherries on the top.

Also really like the Glasgow pick as Billings run stopping backup.

BTW, what Sandwedge caught is interesting. Have been hearing that Minter is pretty quiet coming in. Burfict could be
MIKE if thats what Guenther wants out of his MLB is a voice. Minter can play WILL, Vigil at SAM with Vinny as our
versatile backup.

Look for Jordan Evans to make some hay in ST's as well, ST's is looking fast this year.
Reply/Quote
I saw some pictures where he looked really lean online.

If he could be that good...in not 100% optimal body shape...just imagine how good he'll be in shape!
Reply/Quote