Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict ejected
Anyone else think that this might be it for him? Or, does some team offer him a vet minimum deal to give him a shot, next year?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:39 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Anyone else think that this might be it for him?  Or, does some team offer him a vet minimum deal to give him a shot, next year?

If he actually gets a year, I think he is done. He's only on a single year contract with the Raiders and frankly, if he can't make it there he won't make it anywhere.  He'll be 30 and it's an old 30.  With 4 major suspensions in 4 years, I just don't see anyone taking the risk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:21 AM)pally Wrote: Reading the Raiders' message boards, it is clear they are in as much denial about Burfict as Cincinnati fans were for so long

In their defense, this suspension was a lifetime achievement award from the league. I think he did worse than that hit yesterday while he was here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:44 AM)pally Wrote: If he actually gets a year, I think he is done. He's only on a single year contract with the Raiders and frankly, if he can't make it there he won't make it anywhere.  He'll be 30 and it's and old 30.  With 4 major suspensions in 4 years, I just don't see anyone taking the risk

That's pretty much my thoughts on the matter, as well.  I was just curious as to what other fans thought.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He’s now suspended the rest of the season. Just saw it on bottom of ESPN.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
To be fair, a small faction of Bengals fans called for his dismissal years ago.

Only to be shouted down by the upper hierarchy fans that he was the heart and soul of the team.

Oh well, better late than never.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It would be good PR for the NFL to give him a lifetime ban...the guy's career has got to be over either way. Burfict to the XFL?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 12:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's pretty much my thoughts on the matter, as well.  I was just curious as to what other fans thought.

He was one of my favorite players but damn man, gotta be smarter than that.. my guess is his career is over now. Probably for the best though
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 01:03 PM)Go Cards Wrote: To be fair, a small faction of Bengals fans called for his dismissal years ago.

Only to be shouted down by the upper hierarchy fans that he was the heart and soul of the team.

He kinda was though... Along with Pacman. I think a really good defense needs a mean mother****er or two on it. We don't have that guy right now... It shows.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 01:05 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: He was one of my favorite players but damn man, gotta be smarter than that.. my guess is his career is over now. Probably for the best though

I used to love Burfict, admired his fire, passion, and hard nosed style of a bygone era.  Even up through, and including the stuff in the 2015 Playoff meltdown game.  I just chalked it up to playing wrecklessly, caught up in the emotion of the moment.  But then, it started becoming evident to me that perhaps that was not the case, and some of his cheap stuff was indeed calculated decisions.  As any player with their senses about them would have cleaned up their play, for the sake of their health and their career.  

I guess after Mike Zimmer wasn't around to keep his attention focused on playing dead ahead, his mind sorta wandered into his own devices.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 01:03 PM)Go Cards Wrote: To be fair, a small faction of Bengals fans called for his dismissal years ago.

I dont remember being shouted down directly, but yeah I was part of the 'cut him' crowd quite a few years ago, which was cemented with his blatent head hunting hit on AB in the playoff game. Then it was cemented even more when he went low into Gio in camp when Gio was coming back from a torn acl, and the RB coach got into his face about it and Burfict shoved him. Shoved ... a ... coach. Then of course some of his other actions from flipping off the Jags crowd after being ejected to you name it, as he compiled a nice little list over the years.

Overall though, Burfict was always a dirty player, either doing little dirty crap or the blatant cheap shots. And I have never been a fan of dirty players. Hard hitting clean players, love em though. Burfict tho, embarrassing he was on a team I am fan of.

And if he really was a leader on this team when he was here, then they had a lot of problems for someone like him to be looked up to as a leader.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 01:09 PM)jason Wrote: He kinda was though... Along with Pacman. I think a really good defense needs a mean mother****er or two on it. We don't have that guy right now... It shows.

Mean mother****er and smart player don't need to be mutually exclusive.

Having a mean mother****er that costs the teams hundreds of yards in penalties, routinely gets suspended and puts himself, his teammates and other players at risk is just stupid.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 01:09 PM)jason Wrote: He kinda was though... Along with Pacman. I think a really good defense needs a mean mother****er or two on it. We don't have that guy right now... It shows.

and the Raiders are now "mean mothers" ?

He should have been gone long before his departure. 

He had plenty of trade value at time all coveted his cheap antics so much to easily replace himself. 

Do not remember him leading Bengals to anything worthwhile. 

Well documented is my low opinion of that woman beating Pacman as well, much lower than Burfict in my eyes. 

What a punk.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 01:30 PM)Go Cards Wrote: and the Raiders are now "mean mothers" ?

He should have been gone long before his departure. 

He had plenty of trade value at time all coveted his cheap antics so much to easily replace himself. 

Do not remember him leading Bengals to anything worthwhile. 

Well documented is my low opinion of that woman beating Pacman as well, much lower than Burfict in my eyes. 

What a punk.  

I can't argue with any of that. The fact remains that the Bengals defense has been toothless since those two were contributing. If only they could've shown a lil restraint every now and again.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 01:28 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Mean mother****er and smart player don't need to be mutually exclusive.

Having a mean mother****er that costs the teams hundreds of yards in penalties, routinely gets suspended and puts himself, his teammates and other players at risk is just stupid.

Agreed... But now we have Nick Vigil and Preston Brown costing us hundreds of yards in other ways. Hopefully that changes.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1178697493015605248

This is subsequent to a targeting, helmet-to-helmet hit on IND TE Jack Doyle.

I have to wonder if this is it for him. That hit, which was dirty, may be his last play in the NFL.

Apropos?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 06:47 PM)BengalRed Wrote: When I watch the video of that hit it looks like Allen ran into Jones. It didn't look like Jones was targeting Allen at all. 

The issue with me with Allen's hit was that he briefly intentionally stood over him after it, then started 'jawing at' the Bills sideline at the hit just landed. He clearly hit Allen in the helmet when Allen was starting to get tackled from behind, and he had to have known where he hit him.

I dont think it was as intentional nor as bad as Burfict's helmet to helmet hit though, at least from an intentional pov. But if Jones doesnt get ejected nor suspended, he should be on the NFL's 'red flag' list going forward, where as Burfict has been on that list for years now.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 03:04 PM)pally Wrote: Only took 4 games..ejected for unnecessary roughness.

The guy is a moron who simply refuses to learn his lesson or alter his approach. At this point, I think it's embarrassing that the NFL hasn't banned him for good. So glad that the Bengals finally moved on from him and his stupidity.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 01:03 PM)Go Cards Wrote: To be fair, a small faction of Bengals fans called for his dismissal years ago.

I was one of these people.  I got flamed for saying get we should dump this loser and I can't remember anyone agreeing with me.  Now that he's on another team it like everyones opinion on this guy has changed.
Reply/Quote
I've never seen him make such a dumb thing even for us. At least, he went too far sometimes but it was in the game not 5 seconds after the wristle.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote