Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict ejected
I loved the ability Burfict brought to our linebackers. I hated the unnecessary hits. I'm just glad I don't have to defend the latter to justify the former for my team anymore.

I think his career needs to end.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 12:49 PM)cinci4life Wrote: He’s now suspended the rest of the season. Just saw it on bottom of ESPN.

Well, we won't face him in November now if that's the case. Really think they should consider lifetime ban like many mentioned.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 02:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well, we won't face him in November now if that's the case. Really think they should consider lifetime ban like many mentioned.

They won't have to. He's on a one year deal. He just blew it with the Raiders so unless the Browns (the last dysfunctional franchise Burfict has yet to play for) signs him, he's done.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He deserves a lifetime suspension for that little jewel, IMO.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 12:05 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Who the hell is John Gordon?

And he's playing just fine right now, why is everyone talking shit about the Patriots all of a sudden?

Yeah, I meant Josh.

Then, because suspensions have been rapid for Gordon, and he kept coming back. Had zero to do with the Patriots. Then, "all of a sudden?!!? People always talk about the Patriots. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 02:54 PM)Destro Wrote: Yeah, I meant Josh.

Then, because suspensions have been rapid for Gordon, and he kept coming back. Had zero to do with the Patriots. Then, "all of a sudden?!!? People always talk about the Patriots. 

I mean in terms of suspensions; the hit yesterday was NOT dirty and Allen was the one who initiated contact.

Then, all of a sudden, people are talking about how he won't get suspended because he's a Pat and that they always get away with dirty hits.

But it wasn't dirty and I highly doubt he'll get suspended. MAYBE will get fined.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 03:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I mean in terms of suspensions; the hit yesterday was NOT dirty and Allen was the one who initiated contact.

Then, all of a sudden, people are talking about how he won't get suspended because he's a Pat and that they always get away with dirty hits.

But it wasn't dirty and I highly doubt he'll get suspended. MAYBE will get fined.

I agree, the hit wasn't necessarily dirty or egregious, but the standing over him and taunting the bench was..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
What a dumn ass. Him and Jeremy Hill cost us a playoff victory. Loved his skill-set, but the ankle twisting and headshots were just idiotic. Glad he's gone. Hopefully we can draft a good linebacker next year that can play close to his skill level, without the dirty play.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 02:02 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I've never seen him make such a dumb thing even for us. At least, he went too far sometimes but it was in the game not 5 seconds after the wristle.

The nut punching and ankle twisting was just as bad.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:39 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Anyone else think that this might be it for him?  Or, does some team offer him a vet minimum deal to give him a shot, next year?

Three strikes and you're out. Burfict is on like strike 15 !

I really doubt anybody is gonna take the chance he's finally learned his lesson ?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 03:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Three strikes and you're out. Burfict is on like strike 15 !

I really doubt anybody is gonna take the chance he's finally learned his lesson ?

Plus all the concussions. I think he’s done.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 03:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The nut punching and ankle twisting was just as bad.

At least it was in the game timing. The play is dead for years there.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 03:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I mean in terms of suspensions; the hit yesterday was NOT dirty and Allen was the one who initiated contact.

I had no comment on Josh Allen or the Patriots. Josh Gordon, the wide receiver, has been suspended many times. I was comparing two players who get suspended and had multiple chances. That is all. Bengals, Patriots, Browns, Bills means nothing to my statement.
Reply/Quote

Suspended for the rest of the season!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 05:29 PM)Destro Wrote: I had no comment on Josh Allen or the Patriots. Josh Gordon, the wide receiver, has been suspended many times. I was comparing two players who get suspended and had multiple chances. That is all. Bengals, Patriots, Browns, Bills means nothing to my statement.

I get it; we have a misunderstanding.

The Patriots comment was for the other person I was replying to; John Gordon was my response to you.

I didn't edit the quotes properly.

Sorry for any confusion.

(09-30-2019, 05:30 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Suspended for the rest of the season!!!!

No he wasn't; again, a bit of misunderstanding.

I was talking about Johnathan Jones, not Burfict.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Isn't it funny how players are perceived?

Shazier played exactly like Burfict played. Shazier was even severely injured as a result of his play. However one is a "dirty" player and the other an inspiration.

I am ambivalent to Burfict. If not for Jeremy Hill, he would have been a hero with his INT. Yet, Hill did fumble, and instead of just going 4 and over, Burfict gives 15 yards and puts them in FG range and he is considered by some a bad guy.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:39 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Anyone else think that this might be it for him?  Or, does some team offer him a vet minimum deal to give him a shot, next year?

Will be 30 years old and out of football almost a year.The next failed drug test is an automatic 1 year suspension for him. Every person foul is more likely than not to be an ejection plus additional suspension at this point. He'll need extra play in the preseason to get back in football shape and he probably can't make it 4 full preseason games without picking up more suspensions. And honestly is he even that good of a player? 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 07:57 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Will be 30 years old and out of football almost a year.The next failed drug test is an automatic 1 year suspension for him. Every person foul is more likely than not to be an ejection plus additional suspension at this point. He'll need extra play in the preseason to get back in football shape and he probably can't make it 4 full preseason games without picking up more suspensions. And honestly is he even that good of a player? 

He probably isn't that good of a player anymore but he was good enough to knock Pittsburgh and the Bengals out of the play offs in one play.
Reply/Quote
So in the clip right after Burfict tags him with his helmet, another Raider hits him as well. Any suspension for him?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 07:28 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Isn't it funny how players are perceived?

Shazier played exactly like Burfict played.  Shazier was even severely injured as a result of his play.  However one is a "dirty" player and the other an inspiration.

I am ambivalent to Burfict.  If not for Jeremy Hill, he would have been a hero with his INT.  Yet, Hill did fumble, and instead of just going 4 and over, Burfict gives 15 yards and puts them in FG range and he is considered by some a bad guy.

No. Burfict has a laundry list of dirty and cheap plays. It goes well beyond one intentional head hunting play in the playoffs. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote