Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict fined again
I saw it and was outraged just like everyone else. I don’t believe the proper response is a career or life altering hit from burfict or anyone else.

I was angered by Sheziers hit on gio. Sheizer managed to end his own career after that. While I hate the Steelers these are still people on the field playing a game for our entertainment. I wasn’t sad to see him exit the game but I am happy he can still have a normal life and didn’t put himself in a wheel chair.

A lot of players made some dumb plays on both sides in that game. Hopefully sheizers injury is a wake up call to all of them and they get back to playing ball and not trying to kill each other.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 12:10 PM)motoarch Wrote: I saw it and was outraged just like everyone else. I don’t believe the proper response is a career or life altering hit from burfict or anyone else.

I was angered by Sheziers hit on gio. Sheizer managed to end his own career after that. While I hate the Steelers these are still people on the field playing a game for our entertainment. I wasn’t sad to see him exit the game but I am happy he can still have a normal life and didn’t put himself in a wheel chair.

A lot of players made some dumb plays on both sides in that game. Hopefully sheizers injury is a wake up call to all of them and they get back to playing ball and not trying to kill each other.

I never thought I’d see the day where karma caught up with a cheap punk Steeler player... but alas, Shazier got what he deserved. Ironic how AB was screaming about karma in the locker room after the game Whatever

But I’m with you. I’m relieved to see shazier walking and lifting again. Looks like he can expect to live a full, healthy life once he finishes his rehab. That’s all anyone can (and should) hope for...

What’s really sad is I loved shazier in college (I’m not even a Buckeye fan). He played hard, flew to the ball, wrapped up his tackles... I can’t remember him ever leading with his helmet. Not until he went to that cheap s**t organization in Pennsylvania did he become a punk Whatever

Really makes you wonder... the Saints got a lot of flack for their “bounties” several year ago. You can only wonder what hasn’t yet been caught on tape in that Steeler locker room...
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 08:15 PM)cinci4life Wrote: His hit on FB Andy Janovich was deemed unnecessary roughness. After looking at the video included, I don't see how it's illegal but being that it's Burfict of course they would see it that way.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/Article/NFL-fines-Vontaze-Burfict-53482-for-unnecessary-roughness-126085258/

Common Sense would have been no Burfict or Eifert in 2018 and certainly no Burfict or Eifert in 2019.   Burfict is no help to this team missing most of the games each year, and darn little help when he plays. The teams actually wins more games when he is suspended or injured. He can't pass cover and is more the problem than the solution.  Bengals need linebackers who can pass cover and that means it's time for Burfict to go. Let him be suspended and injured all the time some place else.  I guess I'm saying Burfict stinks.  Common Sense would mean neither Eifert or Burfict are back, but Common Sense isn't used much by Mike Brown and Bungles. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 12:10 PM)motoarch Wrote: I saw it and was outraged just like everyone else.  I don’t believe the proper response is a career or life altering hit from burfict or anyone else.

I was angered by Sheziers hit on gio.  Sheizer managed to end his own career after that.  While I hate the Steelers these are still people on the field playing a game for our entertainment.  I wasn’t sad to see him exit the game but I am happy he can still have a normal life and didn’t put himself in a wheel chair.

A lot of players made some dumb plays on both sides in that game.  Hopefully sheizers injury is a wake up call to all of them and they get back to playing ball and not trying to kill each other.

Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then. What JuJu did wasn't "for our entertainment". He did that for himself (and maybe to earn the respect of his teammates). His actions afterwards are what made that clear. If the NFL would enact appropriate and consistent punishment for that type of behavior, then I might feel differently about player retaliation. 

JuJu should have been suspended for at least 3 games for the hit + taunting. Then, if he had proceeded with the choreographed TD celebration the following week (mocking Burfict's injury), he should have faced a permanent ban from the league. However, since the NFL clearly isn't interested in policing this sort of behavior in a fair and consistent manner, then it's up to the player's to do it themselves. 

I'm the kind of person who appreciates justice being served. And yeah, I get a little extra satisfaction when I get to see it being served by the person who was wronged. I'll reserve my opinion about you for myself.  
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 12:30 PM)kevin Wrote: Common Sense would have been no Burfict or Eifert in 2018 and certainly no Burfict or Eifert in 2019.   Burfict is no help to this team missing most of the games each year, and darn little help when he plays. The teams actually wins more games when he is suspended or injured. He can't pass cover and is more the problem than the solution.  Bengals need linebackers who can pass cover and that means it's time for Burfict to go. Let him be suspended and injured all the time some place else.  I guess I'm saying Burfict stinks.  Common Sense would mean neither Eifert or Burfict are back, but Common Sense isn't used much by Mike Brown and Bungles. 

I’ve been saying that about Burfict for almost 2 years now. It’s not a popular opinion around here... Be wary
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 12:10 PM)motoarch Wrote: I saw it and was outraged just like everyone else.  I don’t believe the proper response is a career or life altering hit from burfict or anyone else.

I was angered by Sheziers hit on gio.  Sheizer managed to end his own career after that.  While I hate the Steelers these are still people on the field playing a game for our entertainment.  I wasn’t sad to see him exit the game but I am happy he can still have a normal life and didn’t put himself in a wheel chair.

A lot of players made some dumb plays on both sides in that game.  Hopefully sheizers injury is a wake up call to all of them and they get back to playing ball and not trying to kill each other.

Agreed. Football should be played hard within the rules.

No one should every want to see someone paralyzed for revenge. That's just terrible and has no place in society.

The Steelers and Bengals both cross the line. Burfict has how many suspensions? He's not a clean player. Yeah some are questionable, but some are well deserved. And he did it in college too which is why he was undrafted. The Bengals brought that 'dirty' culture to the team when they signed him. Probably no other team would have.

Now, casual fans around the league consider the Bengals to be one of the dirtiest teams in the league if not the dirtiest. And I don't like it.

When the Bengals play dirty...the Steelers ramp it up a level and they generally always have better players than us...
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 10:18 PM)jason Wrote: The personal foul on Shawn Williams was ridiculous too. Apparently DBs are just supposed to allow receivers to just catch the ball.

I honestly don’t understand the defenseless receiver rule. Watching games around the NFL I see plays I expect it to be called and somet8mes it is and sometimes it isn’t. It’s almost like if it looks bad they call it? The rule totally confuses me.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 12:30 PM)kevin Wrote: Common Sense would have been no Burfict or Eifert in 2018 and certainly no Burfict or Eifert in 2019.   Burfict is no help to this team missing most of the games each year, and darn little help when he plays. The teams actually wins more games when he is suspended or injured. He can't pass cover and is more the problem than the solution.  Bengals need linebackers who can pass cover and that means it's time for Burfict to go. Let him be suspended and injured all the time some place else.  I guess I'm saying Burfict stinks.  Common Sense would mean neither Eifert or Burfict are back, but Common Sense isn't used much by Mike Brown and Bungles. 

Re-signing Eifert...I couldn't believe it. People were saying we'd likely get him cheap. We ended up paying him a premium for 1 year.

I see why they brought Burfict back for 2018. He was actually pretty good last year. No way to see this coming.

The time to get rid of Burfict to send a message was after the Steelers playoff meltdown. Had we done that, we likely would have had a replacement for him by now.

Now, we have no replacement and he gets injured and we get worse...and he generally comes back playing worse.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 12:42 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: I honestly don’t understand the defenseless receiver rule. Watching games around the NFL I see plays I expect it to be called and somet8mes it is and sometimes it isn’t. It’s almost like if it looks bad they call it? The rule totally confuses me.

Yep. The play happens so quick that the officials don't know if it was helmet to helmet or a defenseless receiver so they call it.

They don't have the benefit of slow motion replays like us fans do.
Reply/Quote
I'd say Burfict's NFL career is all but over.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 12:34 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I’ve been saying that about Burfict for almost 2 years now. It’s not a popular opinion around here... Be wary

Then these Fans are only kidding themselves. Worst D in NFL with or without Burfict in the game.  Our Linebackers can't pass cover. Neither Burfict or the guy from Buffalo can pass cover.  In the passing NFL, running backs, tight ends are eating Bengals linebackers alive.  Not just completions but big gains, sometimes all the way for touchdowns.  We need a whole new Defense.  Out with the linebackers that can't pass cover.  In with linebackers who can pass cover.  We need to set the bar as Jack Ham types that can cover, make interceptions, but also tackle running plays. The new rule should be that if you can't pass cover, you don't play linebacker here.  The days of linebackers who can't pass cover are over in the NFL and Bungles season is perfect proof of that.  In scouting you look for the linebackers with speed playing sideline to sideline in college or pros, and covering receivers, making interceptions, forcing fumbles, and still tackling runners. They are out there, we just don't draft them. Bengals drafted run stuffers who can't cover on purpose, and they aren't that hot at stopping the run either.
'
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 01:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd say Burfict's NFL career is all but over.

Yeah, I think he should retire. The NFL clearly doesn't want a throw back LB playing the game today. And the concussions he's receiving are no joke either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 12:42 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: I honestly don’t understand the defenseless receiver rule. Watching games around the NFL I see plays I expect it to be called and somet8mes it is and sometimes it isn’t. It’s almost like if it looks bad they call it? The rule totally confuses me.

Williams blasted him with his shoulder. He didn't hit him in the head. He wasn't early. I guess if you make their head or neck move in any way, they're throwing a flag.

I hate the modern NFL...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm not really o fan of Burfict's and think it's at the point where the Bengals would be better off moving on from him, but I do believe this fine is unnecessary.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 08:36 PM)McC Wrote: That's some serious bullshit right there.   Sometimes I ***** hate the NFL.  Over 50 grand?  Now they're just stealing from him.

I've said numerous times, Burfict needs to hire a good attorney and sue the league for the money they have stolen from him. Bring the NFL into a courtroom and make them defend each one of those fines. I'm quite sure his defense team could find 100 plays exactly like the one's he has been fined for where players were not only not flagged, but not fined. It's theft, trying to drive him from the league, pure and simple.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 08:15 PM)cinci4life Wrote: His hit on FB Andy Janovich was deemed unnecessary roughness. After looking at the video included, I don't see how it's illegal but being that it's Burfict of course they would see it that way.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/Article/NFL-fines-Vontaze-Burfict-53482-for-unnecessary-roughness-126085258/

Burfict made $625000 for that game. That only leaves him with $ 575000 for the half game he played. He will make $625000 for not playing this week. A 50000 fine is like me having to plug a tire on my truck. I don't feel sorry for anyone who makes that kind of money. If he can't play within the rules he is not only hurting himself he is hurting the team. I believe the team should cut him and spend that 10million a year on getting better players .
Reply/Quote
This fine (witch hunt) is a huge reason why Burfict sucks now. What in the hell was he suppose to do there. (not a question)

The NFL is becoming more dead to me week by week

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 02:28 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: This fine is a huge reason why Burfict sucks now. What in the hell was he suppose to do there. (not a question)

The NFL is becoming more dead to me week by week

That may very well be a part of it, but he has also looked extremely lethargic and uninspired this season as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 12:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. The play happens so quick that the officials don't know if it was helmet to helmet or a defenseless receiver so they call it.

They don't have the benefit of slow motion replays like us fans do.

I don't believe this one was called on the field (maybe it was), but the league office had plenty of time to review it before issuing the fine.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 02:31 PM)Lucidus Wrote: That may very well be a part of it, but he has also looked extremely lethargic and uninspired this season as well.

Yeah because perhaps it is getting to him and affecting his game? The NFL did it's job they neutralized the big bad wolf.

Also, injuries

Reply/Quote