Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict fined again
(12-09-2018, 02:38 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Yeah because perhaps it is getting to him and affecting his game? The NFL did it's job they neutralized the big bad wolf.

Also, injuries

That might very well be the case.

I also must say that when it comes to Burfict's reputation, it is one that he intentionally and knowingly created for himself and now -- whether fair or not -- he's paying the price for. I agree with those that say the League has been overzealous in fining Burfict; yet I have a hard time feeling sorry for him due to his embracing of the very caricature that led him to this point.
Reply/Quote
Cut him already please
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 02:48 PM)Lucidus Wrote: That might very well be the case.

I also must say that when it comes to Burfict's reputation, it is one that he intentionally and knowingly created for himself and now -- whether fair or not -- he's paying the price for. I agree with those that say the League has been overzealous in fining Burfict; yet I have a hard time feeling sorry for him due to his embracing of the very caricature that led him to this point.

By all accounts he is a ***** cat off the field. And i'm not talking about internet crap or twitter. I am talking real flesh - air breathing life. I too wish he didn't seem to embrace this bad boy image but instead opened his mouth and explained himself. I want him to explain the dirty hits and i want him to question why he gets fined and suspended so much for calls not made on the field. Use props (video evidence of similar hits going unpunished) if he has too. Speak Tez...SPEAK

or just retire

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 04:07 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Where’s the fine for the DB that launched himself, both feet leaving the ground, that hammered Boyd last Sunday?  No penalty on the play yet the DB literally launched himself into a defenseless Boyd.  Sick and tired of the bullshit this league has become.  

https://www.bengals.com/video/tyler-boyd-makes-spectacular-23-yard-catch

I honestly cannot believe that it’s legal to gamble on something that is so clearly fixed.

The defender led with his arms to Boyd's chest, his helmet never made contact and Boyd's head bounced off the turf?

How is this even close to a foul?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 04:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The defender led with his arms to Boyd's chest, his helmet never made contact and Boyd's head bounced off the turf?

How is this even close to a foul?

I don't think their is a question about the location of the hit.  The NFL is now and has been for a few years penalizing these types of hits under the "defenseless receiver" rule.  It's a different game than it was in the 70's.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:25 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: I don't think their is a question about the location of the hit.  The NFL is now and has been for a few years penalizing these types of hits under the "defenseless receiver" rule.  It's a different game than it was in the 70's.

Players in a defenseless posture are:
  1. A receiver attempting to catch a pass who has not had time to clearly become a runner. If the player is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player.

Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
  1. forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact is lower than the player’s neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenselessplayer by encircling or grasping him

The defender hit Boyd in the chest, with his hands and arms.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 08:28 PM)treee Wrote: Welcome to the NFL in 2018, where you get fined for hitting a freaking Fullback who is running the ball. Smh why even have a defense out there.

.....while they simultaneously try to sweep assault and domestic violence charges for one of its offensive superstars under the rug until TMZ exposes them.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 02:59 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: By all accounts he is a ***** cat off the field. And i'm not talking about internet crap or twitter. I am talking real flesh - air breathing life. I too wish he didn't seem to embrace this bad boy image but instead opened his mouth and explained himself. I want him to explain the dirty hits and i want him to question why he gets fined and suspended so much for calls not made on the field. Use props (video evidence of similar hits going unpunished) if he has too. Speak Tez...SPEAK

or just retire
Burfict has his own agenda and he is hurting the team when he doesn't or can't play within the rules of the NFL. Take his ten million salary and sign a team player. His playing style is either going to have him suspended or concussed half the season. I used to be one of his supporters but he has IMO worn out his welcome in Cincy
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Players in a defenseless posture are:
  1. A receiver attempting to catch a pass who has not had time to clearly become a runner. If the player is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player.

Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
  1. forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact is lower than the player’s neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenselessplayer by encircling or grasping him

The defender hit Boyd in the chest, with his hands and arms.

So you say he hit him with his arms and hands right...your words not mine btw? Then you post a definition that says “forearm.” Is that not part of the arm? Boyd was clearly in a defenseless posture...

...I also see that you conveniently avoided bold font for this section....

...even if the initial contact is lower than the player’s neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenselessplayer by encircling or grasping him.

Is that because it completely contradicts your view that it was a legal hit?

The defender also launched himself...and also a guy with multiple fines the last couple years for dirty plays. I bet you cannot find a similar hit on film that didn’t draw a flag.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 02:26 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: So you say he hit him with his arms and hands right...your words not mine btw?  Then you post a definition that says “forearm.”  Is that not part of the arm?  Boyd was clearly in a defenseless posture...

...I also see that you conveniently avoided bold font for this section....

...even if the initial contact is lower than the player’s neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenselessplayer by encircling or grasping him.

Is that because it completely contradicts your view that it was a legal hit?

The defender also launched himself...and also a guy with multiple fines the last couple years for dirty plays.  I bet you cannot find a similar hit on film that didn’t draw a flag.

He didn't hit him in the head or neck. You can launch all you want as long as you don't lead with your helmet.

The initial contact part is if the defender ends up hitting the head or neck area; It doesn't matter than the initial contact point is below the neck, if they end up making contact there, foul. 

Reply/Quote