Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict flipping off the fans?
At least he has some fire in him. That's more than I can say for many others, including the HC who has as much fire as a wet piece of TP.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 11:20 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No one will convince me that the results of this season isn't correlated to the meltdown in last years playoff game. I think the team broke mentally.
Larger factors are the loss of #2 WR. #3 WR. #4 WR Offensive CoOrdinator, starting saftey, starting tackle and fragile TE......not the meltdown.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 12:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How did Burfict do at the combine?

Burfict somehow managed to make things worse. He reportedly told teams that he had smoked marijuana (points for honesty!) and reportedly failed the mandated drug test (points off for stupidity!). He was heavier than expected, and he ran a 5.09 40 -- the slowest of any linebacker and slower than a number of offensive linemen. He bench-pressed 225 pounds only 16 times -- not as good as several defensive backs. He was last among linebackers in the broad jump and next to last in the vertical jump. It was basically a disaster. "Man, I'm always nervous," Burfict told Sports Illustrated in 2012. "But at the combine, it was a nervous like I was going to have a nervous breakdown. Especially looking up at all those coaches. For me to be in that spotlight, it was very nerve-racking." But he wasn't much better at his pro day.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-combine-vontaze-burficts-2012-debacle-drops-him-out-of-draft/
Majority of those "combine superman" Linebackers who were drafted ahead of Burfict are now on the bench or on the street. If we were to let Burfict go he will be a Steeler or Raven in less than 24 hrs. 
What was your point ?
Reply/Quote
If anyone remembers the other board, I was wholly opposed to bringing Burfict here due to his reputation in college. He changed my mind, and I'm glad he's on this team. All the "Burfict is a dirty player" crap gets old. Did no one see the after the play head butts the Bills were pulling on our players?I know at least one of them was flagged. Goodell and Marvin have tried to reign him in, and I think it's affecting his play..... what we really need to do is release the beast and let him play, just make sure he doesn't do the after the whistle crap.
Reply/Quote
This really isn't afternoon tennis in the Hamptons with grandma Perkins serving tea to the ladies and cocktails to the gentlemen . This is such a bunch of nothing to do about nothing . We really have no idea what transpired immediately before the incident and i seriously doubt it was a mere BOO! And it's not AS IF he dropped his pants and took a dump on the field although I'm pretty sure that's what the o-line was up to .. Because it's Vontez Burfict people are going to act as if he had road rage and ran over a bunch of kids on their way to Sunday school ..  From what i can tell he reacted to a specific person who likely deserved much worse than the finger .. 
OH NO !  NOT THE FINGER !  NOT THE DREADED FINGER !  
We have a president elect who said and implied far worse than giving someone the finger and this is somehow shocking ? 
As a fanbase we have far more important things to be upset about than our best defensive player giving someone the finger . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Let's just put it this way...

If I were displaying derogatory remarks or actions towards a Bengals player... then he made a great play.

I'd gladly take those double birds any day.

Now if it's with a player on the opposing team?

Swallow that sh*t sandwich and take it.

You made it afterall.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 10:50 AM)grampahol Wrote: This really isn't afternoon tennis in the Hamptons with grandma Perkins serving tea to the ladies and cocktails to the gentlemen . This is such a bunch of nothing to do about nothing . We really have no idea what transpired immediately before the incident and i seriously doubt it was a mere BOO! And it's not AS IF he dropped his pants and took a dump on the field although I'm pretty sure that's what the o-line was up to .. Because it's Vontez Burfict people are going to act as if he had road rage and ran over a bunch of kids on their way to Sunday school ..  From what i can tell he reacted to a specific person who likely deserved much worse than the finger .. 
OH NO !  NOT THE FINGER !  NOT THE DREADED FINGER !  
We have a president elect who said and implied far worse than giving someone the finger and this is somehow shocking ? 
As a fanbase we have far more important things to be upset about than our best defensive player giving someone the finger . 

[Image: 66167937.jpg]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 07:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No it's not. 

Neither is Spygate. The Patriots are not Angels. 

They aren't angels but all of their players know not to act stupid like Burfict does, because BB aint having that crap.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm the first to admit that my middle finger's are both on hair triggers so, in most cases I would say no biggie.

That said, I wish Tez could learn how to reel it in just a little. The league keeps him under a microscope and scrutinises his every move. He has to learn to adjust his play and demeanor or he's gonna just keep hurting his team via unwarranted suspensions. Personally, I thought the suspension and hit on A.Brown was BS, but when you're under the league's thumb you gotta tread carefully.

Some fans deserve it though. The players have a foxhole mentality and when you are attacking one, you are attacking all of them in their eyes.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:10 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: They aren't angels but all of their players know not to act stupid like Burfict does, because BB aint having that crap.
Get off BB's jock. Brady is that franchise. Brady makes BB great like Jordan made Phil Jackson great.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 11:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: His "meltdown" in the playoffs was just a questionable hit. Some of you people are ridiculous. We're not even in that game without Burfict.

For years people whined about how we have players that act like they don't care or don't show emotion,  and now that we have one we want to run him out of town cause he flipped someone the bird? GTFOH.

Nice post, seriously Burfict played his ass off in that game. He is not the problem with this franchise.

The coaches are.
Reply/Quote