Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict is scaring dudes clean out of the league
(02-20-2016, 03:19 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Miller retired in good health after 11 years at the age of 33. How healthy and functioning will Burfict be at age 33? He might be able to recall his name, but writing down might prove to be too tough.

I think it probably is and always has been difficult for Burfict to write his own name.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 03:19 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Miller retired in good health after 11 years at the age of 33. How healthy and functioning will Burfict be at age 33? He might be able to recall his name, but writing down might prove to be too tough.

I suspect he'll be in no worse shape then his mentor Harrison, you know the guy who spent Burfict's rookie year teaching him about the league and how to train and how to hit guys. Of course I know you won't want to admit that or accept that.....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 07:07 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I suspect he'll be in no worse shape then his mentor Harrison, you know the guy who spent Burfict's rookie year teaching him about the league and how to train and how to hit guys. Of course I know you won't want to admit that or accept that.....
I'm pretty sure Burfict was benched in college because he couldn't figure out how to stop making dirty hits. It was part of the overall poor attitude/inability to think problem that dropped him from a top pick to unwanted by everyone but the Bengals as a UDFA. Blaming Harrison is a mostly ******** excuse you guys on here just made up to make yourselves feel better.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 07:22 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I'm pretty sure Burfict was benched in college because he couldn't figure out how to stop making dirty hits. It was part of the overall poor attitude/inability to think problem that dropped him from a top pick to unwanted by everyone but the Bengals as a UDFA. Blaming Harrison is a mostly ******** excuse you guys on here just made up to make yourselves feel better.

In a game against Stanford, Burfict was called for grabbing the facemask of Doug Baldwin, and—after complaining to the referee—charged with a personal foul for unsportsmanlike conduct.

That is what he was benched for, try reading a little before typing. That was in 2010 then there is this from 2011....

With senior cornerback Omar Bolden lost for the season to a knee injury, Burfict was expected to take over as the leader of the Sun Devils defense in 2011,but eventually had a rather inconsistent junior season. Burfict decided to forgo his senior year at Arizona State and entered the 2012 NFL Draft.

I don't see anything there about 2011 being benched for personal fouls....hmmm....says he was inconsistent. He got in trouble his sophmore year...a 19 year old kid had anger issues. Wow, that never happens.....

Then, there is this:

Burfict entered the NFL Combine rated as the No. 3 inside linebacker, behind Luke Kuechly and Dont'a Hightower, but his "disappointing" performance—including a 5.09 sec in the 40-yard dash, slowest among linebackers—caused some analysts to project him as a third day (Rd. 4-7) draft pick. NFL scouts also faulted him for his interview process, in which he blamed the ASU coaching staff for his mediocre junior season. Later it was also reported that Burfict tested positive for marijuana at the combine.

So he slipped more due to his interviews, failing a drug test and bad performance....interesting...I thought it was just millions of personal fouls.

Then he comes to the league and gets mentored by Harrison and becomes more angry. 

If you doubt that Harrison mentored him, you're a fool. All you have to do is go look at Harrison's remarks after the game DEFENDING Burfict. 

Please get a clue if you are going to stick around.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 08:35 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote:
 In a game against Stanford, Burfict was called for grabbing the facemask of Doug Baldwin, and—after complaining to the referee—charged with a personal foul for unsportsmanlike conduct.

That is what he was benched for, try reading a little before typing. That was in 2010 then there is this from 2011....

With senior cornerback Omar Bolden lost for the season to a knee injury, Burfict was expected to take over as the leader of the Sun Devils defense in 2011,but eventually had a rather inconsistent junior season. Burfict decided to forgo his senior year at Arizona State and entered the 2012 NFL Draft.

I don't see anything there about 2011 being benched for personal fouls....hmmm....says he was inconsistent. He got in trouble his sophmore year...a 19 year old kid had anger issues. Wow, that never happens.....

Then, there is this:

Burfict entered the NFL Combine rated as the No. 3 inside linebacker, behind Luke Kuechly and Dont'a Hightower, but his "disappointing" performance—including a 5.09 sec in the 40-yard dash, slowest among linebackers—caused some analysts to project him as a third day (Rd. 4-7) draft pick. NFL scouts also faulted him for his interview process, in which he blamed the ASU coaching staff for his mediocre junior season. Later it was also reported that Burfict tested positive for marijuana at the combine.

So he slipped more due to his interviews, failing a drug test and bad performance....interesting...I thought it was just millions of personal fouls.

Then he comes to the league and gets mentored by Harrison and becomes more angry. 

If you doubt that Harrison mentored him, you're a fool. All you have to do is go look at Harrison's remarks after the game DEFENDING Burfict. 

Please get a clue if you are going to stick around.
Bengal fans have had it rough this week trying to use wikipedia copy and paste jobs against me.

You completely butchered the paragraph and hand-picked a portion of one sentence you could use to support your claim. The sentences you just *forgot* to copy and paste from the SAME paragraph directly refute your claim and prove mine. Here's the paragraph in its entirety:

On October 6, 2010, Burfict was benched by Arizona State head coach Dennis Erickson. The reason given was Burfict's unusually high number of personal foul penalties.[23] In a game against Stanford, Burfict was called for grabbing the facemask of Doug Baldwin, and—after complaining to the referee—charged with a personal foul for unsportsmanlike conduct that gave Stanford a first down at the ASU 7.[24] Two plays later, Stanford scored what turned out to be the winning touchdown.[25]

Notice the citation 23 after the second sentence. Going to that article, Burfict's Head Coach Erickson had some quotes about the whole ordeal:

"That can't continue to happen," Erickson said of Burfict's frequent personal fouls. "If it does, he just won't play. That's where it's at right now. We've been talking to him for a long time, and we'll continue to do that. Munnsy will start because of that, and Vontaze will play some."

"This has totally to do with Arizona State and our football program and Vontaze," Erickson said. "I want him to be the best he can be, and if he learns from this he'll be the best he can be. He's got that issue, and he's going to overcome it and be a successful player here. At this point, if he does that he just can't play."

http://archive.azcentral.com/sports/asu/articles/2010/10/05/20101005arizona-state-football-burfict-benched.html#ixzz41E9AeY3x

He did slip for those 3 reasons, but bad 40 times and a failed drug test hardly make a top 10 prospect go undrafted. Slip to a later round, sure, but not going undrafted and only one team even showing him interest there. Why were his interviews so bad? He blamed his coaches for his poor performances and his benching - taking no responsibility or objective view for himself. That's the red flag that made him untouchable, not 0.4 seconds too slow on a 40 yard dash.

Harrison defends every player who is under scrutiny for a hit. Burfict isn't the only one. He does it on principle. It does absolutely nothing to show Harrison was any kind of mentor.
Reply/Quote
I really don't like having to be this mean.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 09:00 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Bengal fans have had it rough this week trying to use wikipedia copy and paste jobs against me.

You completely butchered the paragraph and hand-picked a portion of one sentence you could use to support your claim. The sentences you just *forgot* to copy and paste from the SAME paragraph directly refute your claim and prove mine. Here's the paragraph in its entirety:

On October 6, 2010, Burfict was benched by Arizona State head coach Dennis Erickson. The reason given was Burfict's unusually high number of personal foul penalties.[23] In a game against Stanford, Burfict was called for grabbing the facemask of Doug Baldwin, and—after complaining to the referee—charged with a personal foul for unsportsmanlike conduct that gave Stanford a first down at the ASU 7.[24] Two plays later, Stanford scored what turned out to be the winning touchdown.[25]

Notice the citation 23 after the second sentence. Going to that article, Burfict's Head Coach Erickson had some quotes about the whole ordeal:

"That can't continue to happen," Erickson said of Burfict's frequent personal fouls. "If it does, he just won't play. That's where it's at right now. We've been talking to him for a long time, and we'll continue to do that. Munnsy will start because of that, and Vontaze will play some."

"This has totally to do with Arizona State and our football program and Vontaze," Erickson said. "I want him to be the best he can be, and if he learns from this he'll be the best he can be. He's got that issue, and he's going to overcome it and be a successful player here. At this point, if he does that he just can't play."

http://archive.azcentral.com/sports/asu/articles/2010/10/05/20101005arizona-state-football-burfict-benched.html#ixzz41E9AeY3x

He did slip for those 3 reasons, but bad 40 times and a failed drug test hardly make a top 10 prospect go undrafted. Slip to a later round, sure, but not going undrafted and only one team even showing him interest there. Why were his interviews so bad? He blamed his coaches for his poor performances and his benching - taking no responsibility or objective view for himself. That's the red flag that made him untouchable, not 0.4 seconds too slow on a 40 yard dash.

Harrison defends every player who is under scrutiny for a hit. Burfict isn't the only one. He does it on principle. It does absolutely nothing to show Harrison was any kind of mentor.

You better keep it down typing so mean and angrily. You're gonna wake your parents up from all the way down there in their basement.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 09:00 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Bengal fans have had it rough this week trying to use wikipedia copy and paste jobs against me.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

He wasn't drafted because every smart NFL coach and organization knew that someday this clown will cost them a very very very important game with his antics.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 09:14 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I really don't like having to be this mean.

You think it's mean to be the guy everyone here laughs at constantly?

Ummm...okay....

The amount of conversations not posted publicly (we aren't allowed to shame members publicly) that goes on laughing about the sad things you post is amazing. It's like Brad and the troll from Lord of the Rings had a baby and named it 6andcounting. 

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 02:08 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It's like Brad and the troll from Lord of the Rings had a baby and named it 6andcounting. 

Yeah, Lord of the Rings. Dan Rooney.
Reply/Quote

After the simple response of you are a moron, I decided that you needed some basic education rather than just telling you that you aren't smart.

I will use small words and never try to make you think, since the last time I did that you failed miserably.

I quoted one portion of an article from a website off of a thing called the internet to show that Vontaze Burfict the football player was benched during a game as a sophmore after committing two fouls in that specific game. I was showing you and assuming...wait that word is too big...I copied one part and had hopes that you would be able to see that he was benched as a sophmore (This is a person in their second year of college the school after high school or GED as you know it.) not a junior (This is a person in their third year of college the school after high school or GED as you know it.) which was once again the point I was making. 

Yes Vontaze Burfict the football player for Arizona State was benched for having fouls called on more then one occasion and the two in one game pushed the coach to the point he had to bench him.

Now, let's move on to the rest of the story.

Below is a "Link" if you click on it, another web page opens with a story on it that is important to this topic.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football-news/193350-the-meanest-man-in-college-football-vontaze-burfict

I'll help since that is a long article, look for the part where the school and coach (The same coach that benched him) decided at the end of the year to reach out to the league office and give them game tapes because Burfict was being targeted by officials. Then read how the conference fired 11 officials. 

Now I get it, you can't put things together on your own. You've proven that. Conferences don't just fire 11 officials at one time on a regular. Try searching the internet (open another window go to google.com and in the blank space type that's called searching.) and see how often double digit officials are fired at one time. 

Now, you want to talk about him not being accountable for his actions and blaming the coach. Okay, well once again allow me to draw this in crayon for you.

Sophmore year - 12 personal fouls of the 16 across his last two seasons are earned. Coach benches him.

End of that season - Coach lobbies to league office and complains he is targeted. 11 officials are fired.

Junior year begins - Coach Erickson tells Burfict "To not try to get as many penalties." (See the link below to find this information.) Burfict listens, and he isn't the same player. Described as not being all over the field. His coach then tells him "To finish the plays and go back to playing football." So now his coach encourages him to go back to his previous ways. He does, and gets 4 more personal fouls of the 16 over his last two seasons. 

http://www.sbnation.com/2012/4/23/2968478/all-eyez-on-me-vontaze-burfict-tell-all-story

This is not to say that Burfict hasn't somewhat earned his reputation. There are times he does things that are out of control or over the line, but not nearly the amount of times he is flagged for it. More like 50% of the time to be honest, the other 50% is reputation. Who does that sound exactly like....oh, the guy he was with as a rookie who taught him and mentored him James Harrison.

Wait, you don't believe that Harrison was his mentor...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/87624/its-time-vontaze-burfict-follows-in-the-steps-of-steelers-lb-james-harrison

Hmm well there it is, in print. If that wasn't enough look down this story and see where Harrison was actually signed to "Mentor" Burfict.

http://cover32.com/2013/08/13/burfict-can-be-an-all-time-great/

It amazes me that every normal person in the world sees the similarities (sorry big word it means how things are like each other.) between Burfict and Harrison but steeler homer just won't even allow that to be brought up. Nope in steelerland Harrison is a victim and Burfict a criminal, when in the real world, they are the same guy.

One last thought since I'm sure by now your sitting at the computer foaming at the mouth a little, you said Harrison defends all hits....your words.

I typed "Harrison defends Shazier hit" into a search and found....Nothing. Only stories of Harrison defending the guy he coached up in Burfict.

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 02:08 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You think it's mean to be the guy everyone here laughs at constantly?

Ummm...okay....

The amount of conversations not posted publicly (we aren't allowed to shame members publicly) that goes on laughing about the sad things you post is amazing. It's like Brad and the troll from Lord of the Rings had a baby and named it 6andcounting. 

So despite the fact that I hang out in the form specifically designed to publicly smack, trash, shame and say whatever about me, you and others are afraid to do it any other way than PMs (or whatever not public method you were referring to).

LOL
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 04:04 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: One last thought since I'm sure by now your sitting at the computer foaming at the mouth a little, you said Harrison defends all hits....your words.

I typed "Harrison defends Shazier hit" into a search and found....Nothing. Only stories of Harrison defending the guy he coached up in Burfict.

Maybe because there was nothing to defend?

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/21196/giovani-bernard-ryan-shazier-dean-blandino-nfl-league-explanation-allowed-hit-tackle

Quote:According to Blandino, Shazier's hit was clean football. Why? Because Bernard established himself as a runner and was no longer a defenseless receiver; and because the players were running toward each other at different angles, meaning the way Shazier led with his head wasn't an issue.

Both points certainly can be debated.

"If he has established himself as a runner -- control, both feet, ability to ward off, attempt to avoid contact, that time element -- if that time element has been met, then he can be contacted in the head," Blandino said. "You watch the play. [There's] control, he's going to take several steps, he's going to turn and become a runner. So he's not a defenseless player at the time of contact."

As to the point about leading with the crown of his helmet, Shazier would have been at risk for earning a penalty had he and Bernard been traveling at the same angle, Blandino said. He added that Bernard's momentum was angled toward the sideline, while Shazier was moving directly north/south.

"The theory being, when players are moving at [the same] angles, they don't have as much opportunity to avoid that contact," Blandino said.

So Harrison commented on one called a penalty he did not think should have been (after years of run in with the league over such hits) and did NOT comment on the one not called at all that was found to be legal.

Weird.   Mellow
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 04:04 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This is not to say that Burfict hasn't somewhat earned his reputation. There are times he does things that are out of control or over the line, but not nearly the amount of times he is flagged for it. More like 50% of the time to be honest, the other 50% is reputation. Who does that sound exactly like....oh, the guy he was with as a rookie who taught him and mentored him James Harrison.

Wait, you don't believe that Harrison was his mentor...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/87624/its-time-vontaze-burfict-follows-in-the-steps-of-steelers-lb-james-harrison

Hmm well there it is, in print. If that wasn't enough look down this story and see where Harrison was actually signed to "Mentor" Burfict.

http://cover32.com/2013/08/13/burfict-can-be-an-all-time-great/

Two things....
James Harrison has been a model citizen since coming back from Cincinnati. Thanks for whatever your team did to straighten him out.

Secondly, what the hell does that say about Bengal management when they bring in the current poster child and whipping boy for penalties, James Harrison, to mentor a young guy coming out of college who had personal foul and anger management issues? The guy they brought in to mentor was known for and been suspended for dangerous hits and headshots at a time when the league was cracking down on dangerous hits and headshots. Absurd. 

That would be the equivalent of the Cleveland Browns bringing in Charlie Sheen to mentor Johnny Manziel, except that I don't think that Ray Farmer was that stupid. 
#winning
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 05:32 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Two things....
James Harrison has been a model citizen since coming back from Cincinnati. Thanks for whatever your team did to straighten him out.

The bengals hardly straightened him out. He decided to became a model citizen on his own, and that's why they didn't re-sign him. The bengals have always preferred the thug and criminal types.

That's an undeniable fact.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 09:12 AM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe because there was nothing to defend?

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/21196/giovani-bernard-ryan-shazier-dean-blandino-nfl-league-explanation-allowed-hit-tackle

So Harrison commented on one called a penalty he did not think should have been (after years of run in with the league over such hits) and did NOT comment on the one not called at all that was found to be legal.

Weird.   Mellow

Funny you edited that down a little. You left out the part where Blandino says "That the Shazier hit is the the type of hit the league wants to remove from the game though." 

Why would the league want legal hits out of the game? Come one dude, I know you have this new troll persona on this board versus the having some common sense on the old board, but be unbiased and think...if the hit is not illegal, why would the league want to remove it?

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2016, 05:25 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Funny you edited that down a little. You left out the part where Blandino says "That the Shazier hit is the the type of hit the league wants to remove from the game though." 

Why would the league want legal hits out of the game? Come one dude, I know you have this new troll persona on this board versus the having some common sense on the old board, but be unbiased and think...if the hit is not illegal, why would the league want to remove it?

I'm not trolling at all.

I'm saying having Harrison, who repeatedly spoke out against the league for the way they call hits, saying something about Burfict's hit is...no surprise.

Harrison saying nothing about a hit that drew no flag and no fine is...no surprise.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2016, 05:25 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: "That the Shazier hit is the the type of hit the league wants to remove from the game though." 

Why would the league want legal hits out of the game? Come one dude,

Lol. You've proven once again you aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Throughout the history of the NFL there were hits and techniques used which were legal but no longer are.

The way Hines Ward blocked was the type of hit the league wanted to remove from the game.

And guess what? They eventually did. Get it?
Reply/Quote
Burfict is supposed to change, right? If I recall, some bengal fans actually believe it will happen. Coaches have been trying to get him to change since college and it hasn't happened. Good luck on those predictions bengal fans.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Burfict just said he doesn't blame his actions for the loss to the steelers; instead, he publicly blames a teammate.

Yep, same old Burfict is still here.
Reply/Quote