Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict minor injury
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/13/17685960/vontaze-burfict-suffers-injury-in-bengals-monday-practice

I know he’s out the first 4 weeks anyway but I still hate to see any of our impact players injured. Ugh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
My guess it is an ankle sprang. Hopefully he just had his lower ankle rolled on the turf. He should be okay. If it is a high ankle sprang, those types of injuries can linger. Burfict is a tough dude. He will be on the field when he comes off suspension.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Nothing major or they would have taken more precautions.

No reason to risk him for anything since the other guys need practice....... hell, he might have even been faking it (maybe under coach's directions), so that the other guys get some reps.

Burfict's a beast and he'll be ready to put a shoulder into a guy's gut and make him lose his breath for two weeks (I was going to say something more exciting and violent, but then I remembered the NFL plays in skirts now and they especially keep an eye on Burfict).
Reply/Quote
If he is going to get injured reckon now is as good of time as any with the suspension looming.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I just hope we can get 10+ good games out of him. Regardless of your opinion of him as a person, he makes the defense much better when he's in there wrecking havoc.
Reply/Quote
He has plenty of time to heal. The only thing I worry about is if he can't workout and gets fat again.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 06:06 AM)Beaker Wrote: He has plenty of time to heal. The only thing I worry about is if he can't workout and gets fat again.

Didn’t hurt his game last time he gained some weight. It just became a message board narrative that people liked repeating over and over.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 06:06 AM)Beaker Wrote: He has plenty of time to heal. The only thing I worry about is if he can't workout and gets fat again.

That was my first thought as well.  STILL wishing we had taken Shaq Griffin over Jefferson.  
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 06:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Didn’t hurt his game last time he gained some weight. It just became a message board narrative that people liked repeating over and over.

He’s just a bigger boned dude. Naturally a big thumper who happens to play WLB. I’d rather him excel on the field than the gym (Michael Johnson ).
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 04:33 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I just hope we can get 10+ good games out of him. Regardless of your opinion of him as a person, he makes the defense much better when he's in there wrecking havoc.

Our win loss record with and without him says otherwise. Screw burfict. He’s an embarrassment and frankly I’m done with him. Actually I was done with him years ago when he tried to twist the ankles of 2 panthers in one game.

Sorry don’t mean to sound like I’m coming after you. This guy just triggers me with his bs.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 12:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/13/17685960/vontaze-burfict-suffers-injury-in-bengals-monday-practice

I know he’s out the first 4 weeks anyway but I still hate to see any of our impact players injured. Ugh.

he should be fine by week 5
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 09:19 AM)motoarch Wrote: Our win loss record with and without him says otherwise. Screw burfict. He’s an embarrassment and frankly I’m done with him. Actually I was done with him years ago when he tried to twist the ankles of 2 panthers in one game.

Sorry don’t mean to sound like I’m coming after you. This guy just triggers me with his bs.

So you only want choirboys on your team? You wouldn’t take DeCastro or Talib or any other talented player that has been caught doing stuff after the whistle? Personally, I LOVE that we have a guy other teams fear. We got pushed around by the Steelers and Ravens tough guys way too long.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 10:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So you only want choirboys on your team? You wouldn’t take DeCastro or Talib or any other talented player that has been caught doing stuff after the whistle? Personally, I LOVE that we have a guy other teams fear. We got pushed around by the Steelers and Ravens tough guys way too long.

I’m not saying that at all. There’s a big difference between being tough and mean and being cheap and dirty. I love a nasty hit as much as the next guy but when you have to get your shots in by tapping nut sacks and twisting ankles after the play then you’re a *****.

And no I wouldn’t want those guys or shu on our team.

That last game when shazier went down then juju followed up with a purposeful hit on on burfict THEN iloka took a shot at brown made me sick to my stomach. Call me soft if you like but I can’t stand this back and fourth anymore. I don’t care who started it or who got the last shot in it needs to stop and burfict has been a huge part of it. It’s not fun to watch when they stop playing to win and just play to hurt each other.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 10:22 AM)motoarch Wrote: I’m not saying that at all. There’s a big difference between being tough and mean and being cheap and dirty. I love a nasty hit as much as the next guy but when you have to get your shots in by tapping nut sacks and twisting ankles after the play then you’re a *****.

And no I wouldn’t want those guys or shu on our team.

Glad you don’t run the team then.

Anyway, you’re bringing up shit he did like 4 years ago. He still throws an occasional late hit but he’s cleaned that kind of stuff up completely.

Reply/Quote
I just hope he is back for the opener!
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 10:38 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I just hope he is back for the opener!

I have some bad news for you...

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 10:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have some bad news for you...

What? They need his leadership yet again on the sideline to start out the year.   Smirk
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 09:19 AM)motoarch Wrote: Our win loss record with and without him says otherwise.  Screw burfict.  He’s an embarrassment and frankly I’m done with him.  Actually I was done with him years ago when he tried to twist the ankles of 2 panthers in one game.

Sorry don’t mean to sound like I’m coming after you.  This guy just triggers me with his bs.

If there's any consolation, Burfinct has always been what he is....   there were never any surprises before we drafted him. Every NFL team avoided him like the plague. MB & Marvin went for the bargain.
Reply/Quote
Wink 
(08-14-2018, 10:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Glad you don’t run the team then.

Yeah you’re probably right. No way I could lose 25+ seasons in row
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 10:48 AM)Millhouse Wrote: What? They need his leadership yet again on the sideline to start out the year.   Smirk

He’s out the first 4 games for ped violation.
Reply/Quote