Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict nets us 6.4 In cap space 2019 + 2020
Well Bengals just got around $6.4 million in cap space assuming Burfict is a post June 1 cut designee. Also almost $10 million in 2020. So what do they do with the extra 16 million?

Many believed cutting Burfict was the right decision. It appears we now have around 36 million left for 2019. Of that 11 million for draft picks and 5 million for injuries, that gives us around 20 million left by my calculations.

Edit: These numbers do not reflect Eifert 1 year deal as those numbers have yet to be reported.

We have the money, what will we do with it?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Justin Houston and Suh
Reply/Quote
I'm glad it's been reported we have Curry in visiting today. I'd be afraid the team would just say Burflict's cap savings was already allocated to the guys they've signed.
Reply/Quote
Zach Brown would be ideal. I'd love to see them offer a 5th or 6th for Derron Lee, too.

They obviously believe that they need a DL with the visits we've seen, so I'd guess a DL and a LB. Nobody great out there, but still some guys. Brown, Buchanon, Collins. We'll see.

If they don't get another LB in here then they risk telegraphing a pick in the first like last season.....
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 03:31 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Justin Houston and Suh

Houston for sure. Suh maybe.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 03:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well Bengals just got around $6.4 million in cap space assuming Burfict is a post June 1 cut designee. Also almost $10 million in 2020. So what do they do with the extra 16 million?

Many believed cutting Burfict was the right decision. It appears we now have around 36 million left for 2019. Of that 11 million for draft picks and 5 million for injuries, that gives us around 20 million left by my calculations.

We have the money, what will we do with it?

Do these numbers include Eifert's deal? I haven't see any numbers posted on it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 03:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Do these numbers include Eifert's deal? I haven't see any numbers posted on it.

Good point, no Eifert numbers will need be deducted from the 20 million for 2019.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see Boyd extended.

Ziggy Ansah would be nice.
Reply/Quote
Geoff Hobson will tell us the Bengals will have 46.35 left and 15 of that is for Mike Brown to go Wendys for lunch
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 04:03 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Geoff Hobson will tell us the Bengals will have 46.35 left and 15 of that is for Mike Brown to go Wendys for lunch

That line is older than Nancy Pelosi's first face lift.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 04:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd like to see Boyd extended.

Ziggy Ansah would be nice.

I agree, Boyd is a priority to get locked down ASAP.

No so sure Ziggy's price will match his production and a liability against the run also.

The good news is they have the money to pay a quality player a 1 year prove it deal or 3 or 3 guys 3 million a year each.

I like the idea of signing Penn to a 1 year deal to play OT for us in 2019.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 04:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, Boyd is a priority to get locked down ASAP.

No so sure Ziggy's price will match his production and a liability against the run also.

The good news is they have the money to pay a quality player a 1 year prove it deal or 3 or 3 guys 3 million a year each.

I like the idea of signing Penn to a 1 year deal to play OT for us in 2019.

Man, I get that Hart sucks and I'm as mad as anyone that he's gonna be in stripes next year.  That said, it's time to accept the fact that barring injury, Bobby hart is our starting RT next year come hell or high water.  

The only way Penn is coming here is to be a backup swing tackle.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 04:12 PM)samhain Wrote: Man, I get that Hart sucks and I'm as mad as anyone that he's gonna be in stripes next year.  That said, it's time to accept the fact that barring injury, Bobby hart is our starting RT next year come hell or high water.  

The only way Penn is coming here is to be a backup swing tackle.

I have no issue Penn coming as our back up swing tackle over A. Smith with the thought he could beat Hart out.

I also like Zach Brown to replace Burfict or as others have mentioned trade for Lee from the Jets.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 03:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Good point, no Eifert numbers will need be deducted from the 20 million for 2019.

They seem to be keeping Eifert's contract close to the vest...Its already been a few days and we haven't heard anything.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Geoff Hobson will tell us the Bengals will have 46.35 left and 15 of that is for Mike Brown to go Wendys for lunch
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 04:17 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Geoff Hobson will tell us the Bengals will have 46.35 left and 15 of that is for Mike Brown to go Wendys for lunch

Are you trying to hijack the thread?

And still...
That line is older than Nancy Pelosi's first face lift.

Reply/Quote
no not at all....i was in between job duties and i thought i didnt send it the 1st time.
forgive me.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 04:47 PM)impactplaya Wrote: no not at all....i was in between job duties and i thought i  didnt send it the 1st time.
forgive me.

All is good. I thought you were messing with me  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 03:35 PM)samhain Wrote: Zach Brown would be ideal.  I'd love to see them offer a 5th or 6th for Derron Lee, too.  

They obviously believe that they need a DL with the visits we've seen, so I'd guess a DL and a LB.  Nobody great out there, but still some guys.  Brown, Buchanon, Collins.  We'll see.

If they don't get another LB in here then they risk telegraphing a pick in the first like last season.....

Bucannon signed a one year deal with TB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Boyd and AJ's contracts expire AFTER this season so no reason to use up this years cap space on them, although we no doubt will.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote