Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Burfict on injury list, tweaked knee?
(11-13-2015, 06:10 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Hopefully it is a deep draft for LB, because we will be drafting last in the first round.

its a strange year where the SB champs will draft @ 31 instead of 32
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 06:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its a strange year where the SB champs will draft @ 31 instead of 32

Did somebody get a pick taken away?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 06:25 PM)McC Wrote: Did somebody get a pick taken away?

Patriots, Deflategate punishment.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 05:30 PM)ZWP Wrote: Whether Burfict is ok or not we hopefully will be using our 1st round pick on a LB.

Linebacker of a run stuffing DT to replace Peko down the road would be nice.

Peko has played much better this year i must say though and i have been known as a Peko hater in the past.

(11-13-2015, 06:10 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Hopefully it is a deep draft for LB, because we will be drafting last in the first round.

Thats the spirit. Cool

(11-13-2015, 06:14 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It wouldn't really matter if it was a deep draft or not. If we get a 1st or early 2nd round rated LB with our first pick, there's a very good chance that he's already one of our 3 best LBs on the roster. We all know what we have in Burfict, Rey is a good run defender, and that's pretty much it. Everyone else is easily replacable.

All true, i like Flowers for his upside but that is all that is right now, upside.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 06:25 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Patriots, Deflategate punishment.

Ahhh, forgot about that myself.
Reply/Quote
I'm telling you that micro fracture knee surgery is no joke. I think it will continue to hinder him for at least the foreseeable future.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 03:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Hope it is fine but agree that he has played too many snaps for just returning. Know he wants to but believe coaches should have controlled this better.

Still for the life of me can not figure why a LBer like a Stephone Anthony was not drafted early instead of 2 OT's when Bengals O-line was the best it had been for years. Could have still gotten one OL this year and 1 next "if" needed.

Know 2 will be FA's next year but you have to swing for the fence sometime and that was our only weakness this season. When there will be plenty of needs next year after many FA's decide to get paid probably.

Oh well, rant over and love drafting OL early almost every single year except this one. Just got to hope Burfict's injury is not too serious.
You will know why thy drafted to OTs in the next two years
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 05:30 PM)ZWP Wrote: Whether Burfict is ok or not we hopefully will be using our 1st round pick on a LB.

This is off-topic but it looks like its gonna be a great year to snag a safety late first round.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Always forget we have so many doctors on these threads arrive
Reply/Quote
Man I hope they don't waste a first round pick on a lb, the Bengals have terrible luck with that. Who was the last that actually worked out spikes? Was he a first rounder ? So long ago I can't remember, expect tez to play he's a tough sob.
Child please, kiss the baby.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 07:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Linebacker of a run stuffing DT to replace Peko down the road would be nice.

Peko has played much better this year i must say though and i have been known as a Peko hater in the past.

Thats the spirit. Cool

All true, i like Flowers for his upside but that is all that is right now, upside.

#45 Roach!!!  He's surrounded by Vet's right now, but you need to watch this LB.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2015, 05:18 PM)SFmajor Wrote:  
#45 Roach!!!  He's surrounded by Vet's right now, but you need to watch this LB.

Practice squad guy???
Reply/Quote
Why doesn't Burfict get stem cell therapy via PRP?

Dr Stiene in Cincy does it. It would be an excellent choice for him.
http://www.beaconortho.com/physician/henry-stiene-m-d/

Procedure: http://www.beaconortho.com/blog/prp-stem-cell-therapy/
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2015, 05:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Practice squad guy???

YES!  Absolutely!!! 
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2015, 05:18 PM)SFmajor Wrote:  

Hmmm, have to watch the dude next preseason if he is still around...
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 12:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hmmm, have to watch the dude next preseason if he is still around...

With what we have behind the starters now, if he's on the practice squad I don't think he's probably too impressive...... just saying.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 01:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: With what we have behind the starters now, if he's on the practice squad I don't think he's probably too impressive...... just saying.

Yeah, thats what i figured. Never saw the Preseason games either so i don't know what he looked like...

We ought to draft a LB'er earlier than the 3rd round next Draft.
Reply/Quote
As the best LB and attitude of the defense, a healthy Burfict plays as many snaps as he can go. It's not Marvin's fault, the doctor's fault, or even Burfict's fault. Injuries can and do happen all of the time. Babying (not meant in a negative connotation) a player or easing him back in does not guarantee that he will not be re-injured. It simply guarantees that your best player is spending little time on the field.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2015, 05:41 PM)Whacked Wrote: Why doesn't Burfict get stem cell therapy via PRP?

Dr Stiene in Cincy does it. It would be an excellent choice for him.
http://www.beaconortho.com/physician/henry-stiene-m-d/

Procedure: http://www.beaconortho.com/blog/prp-stem-cell-therapy/

He probably has.

If I had their money and my body was worth millions then I would try just about anything to heal better and/or faster.

I know some NBA players were going to Europe for some procedure they could not get here in the states.  In fact I think it had something to do with stem cells.  .
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 02:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, thats what i figured. Never saw the Preseason games either so i don't know what he looked like...

We ought to draft a LB'er earlier than the 3rd round next Draft.

LOL!!  Sled21 and Nate, to bad you guys missed watching Roach Play in the Pre-season.  Your Bad!  Roach was ranked 21st out of 134 Inside LB's for the 2015 Draft.  His stock was up during the Draft (7th Round or Preferred FA).  He would have finished in the Top 12 for ILB's for the 2015 Draft but had injured his foot in 2013 so he didn't play that year.  .  He came back very strong his senior year in 2014 and started for Nebraska at MLB.   Roach's Pro-day stats would have had him finish in the Top 5 for ILB's at the Combine had he been invited.  Lewis liked what he saw in this Power 5 (Big Ten) LB so he was brought on as UDFA for this year.   Yes, he is on the PS.  Okay, no problem.   Roach has been compared to other former Nebraska LB's like Scott Shanley and Barrett Rude.   Both had very long and successful careers in the NFL. 

Just keep an eye on him.  Don't count him out.  He brings a lot to the table.  A lot more (IMO) than what your seeing with the 3rd round LB draft pick the Bengal's took this year.   I think you know who I'm talking about. :-).

In Addition, don't you find it interesting that there hasn't been any changes to the PS since it was established this season?  Look at the daily transactions from other teams.  The Bengals are solid with their PS and haven't made ANY moves to bringing in LB's to the team.  So the consensus among fans might be that our LB Corp is not that great.  But this doesn't seem to be the thoughts of the Bengals Coaching Staff and the GM.   Why aren't the fans on the same game plan as the coaches with regard to LB's?  Just curious.
Reply/Quote