Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict's First Time Cutting!!
Wait, did he sort of grunt/scream at the end there? That seemed a little painful and I'm not sure that video builds as much confidence as they want it to. Perhaps I'm being overly critical of it, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 11:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, did he sort of grunt/scream at the end there?  That seemed a little painful and I'm not sure that video builds as much confidence as they want it to.  Perhaps I'm being overly critical of it, though.

No, I don't think you are as my confidence wasn't bolstered too much.  But then again, I am often pessimistic.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 11:36 AM)PApinhead Wrote: No, I don't think you are as my confidence wasn't bolstered too much.  But then again, I am often pessimistic.

True pessimism would be to say the sooner his knee hits 100% the sooner he can launch himself headfirst into someone with 100% speed and leave with yet another concussion.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 12:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True pessimism would be to say the sooner his knee hits 100% the sooner he can launch himself headfirst into someone with 100% speed and leave with yet another concussion.

Haha!!  True!!!

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 03:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Any progress is good progress. But I'm prepared not to see Burfict until week 8. And I hope they stick to that plan. We don't need him rushing back And I don't trust him to not try to rush back. We saw how he handled his concussions. Hopefully the team is smart with him.

I used to be a Pro Bowl linebacker like you. Then I took a helmet to the knee.

- Vontaze Burfict

(PS: google the Skyrim meme if you don't understand this lol)
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
"Vontaze will be in rehab all the way through the summer," coach Lewis said. "So he's got a long ways to go.... It's like Marvin Jones. When they get here and prove that they're ready, then they'll prove that they're ready."

In rehab all summer? If that's the case it's hard to imagine he's available on opening day.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 08:14 PM)Utts Wrote: "Vontaze will be in rehab all the way through the summer," coach Lewis said. "So he's got a long ways to go.... It's like Marvin Jones. When they get here and prove that they're ready, then they'll prove that they're ready."

In rehab all summer? If that's the case it's hard to imagine he's available on opening day.

Players can still be in rehab long after they're back able to play and near 100%.

A lot of injuries can appear fine on the field but still be sore and uncomfortable after, which is why players still rehab long after they're actually able to play.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 08:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Players can still be in rehab long after they're back able to play and near 100%.

A lot of injuries can appear fine on the field but still be sore and uncomfortable after, which is why players still rehab long after they're actually able to play.

Good point. However, in that context it sort of sounds to me like he's saying that he won't be game ready all Summer, which leads me to think it's unlikely he'll suddenly be game ready come opening day. All pure speculation really.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 08:47 PM)Utts Wrote: Good point. However, in that context it sort of sounds to me like he's saying that he won't be game ready all Summer, which leads me to think it's unlikely he'll suddenly be game ready come opening day. All pure speculation really.

True.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Reply/Quote
Hobson says Pauly G's plan is to play Burfict in the final two preseason games.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 01:45 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: Hobson says Pauly G's plan is to play Burfict in the final two preseason games.

Hopefully that's Burfict's plan and not just DJ Pauly G's because I don't want Burfict thrust back in before he's 100% sure and 100% that he's ready.

If he's still hesitant and timid on the field, that's when bad things happen.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 09:53 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hopefully that's Burfict's plan and not just DJ Pauly G's because I don't want Burfict thrust back in before he's 100% sure and 100% that he's ready.

If he's still hesitant and timid on the field, that's when bad things happen.

I find it hard to believe he'll be allowed to play before he's ready.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 01:45 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: Hobson says Pauly G's plan is to play Burfict in the final two preseason games.

I don't know about  anybody else but this sounds like good news to me.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 07:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Better than the video of Justin Hunter cutting.

Ha ha, nice!
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I hope they make sure he is ready to play at least 80% of the snaps every game the rest of  the season prior to activating him.

I have no problem if they give him the first 6 weeks and are cautious.

My hope is he comes back and plays the next 10 years and not the next 6 months.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Just a couple of years ago I was certain that Whitworths knees were shot because he did not play a single snap in preseason. Not only did he play opening day of the regular season he went on to have one of the best seasons in his career.

I am fine if they have to PUP Vontaze, but he is the type of player that doesn't need a lot of reps to get ready to play.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 10:26 AM)McC Wrote: I find it hard to believe he'll be allowed to play before he's ready.

Wasn't it the Falcons game last year when the refs made him leave the field because he was so groggy, but the Bengal coaches sent him right back in to the game?
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 07:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wasn't it the Falcons game last year when the refs made him leave the field because he was so groggy, but the Bengal coaches sent him right back in to the game?

Did they send him or did he just run out there?  Wait, are you criticizing the trainers and med staff?

Reply/Quote
Burfict is the key to this D. We need him back to pre-concussion form. I know the micro-fracture surgery is a delicate surgery that requires long re-habs,  but Dre K had this same surgery and he seems to be 100 %.

My big concern is the concussion problem..............some players never fully recover and suffer them over and over.  Troy A and now Wes Welker are 2 that stand out.

The 2nd concussion Birfict suffered is the one that spooked me into thinking there was an issue. He comes up,  makes the hit, (I think it was on Flacco) and just kinda lays there a second.......... then staggers to his feet all woozy and heads to the sidelines. Wasn't a big collision, normal tackle and BOOM down he goes again...............Flacco got right up.

I hope im dead wrong and Vontaze comes back better than ever and never has another concussion..............just worried............product of being a life long Bengal fan and watching so many Bengal careers cut short/ended because of injury................and you all know their names by heart too.

We need the leading tackler in the NFL to come back and get the D back into the top 10 again............keeping my fingers crossed.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 10:45 AM)CincyKid Wrote: Burfict is the key to this D. We need him back to pre-concussion form. I know the micro-fracture surgery is a delicate surgery that requires long re-habs,  but Dre K had this same surgery and he seems to be 100 %.

My big concern is the concussion problem..............some players never fully recover and suffer them over and over.  Troy A and now Wes Welker are 2 that stand out.

The 2nd concussion Birfict suffered is the one that spooked me into thinking there was an issue. He comes up,  makes the hit, (I think it was on Flacco) and just kinda lays there a second.......... then staggers to his feet all woozy and heads to the sidelines. Wasn't a big collision, normal tackle and BOOM down he goes again...............Flacco got right up.

I hope im dead wrong and Vontaze comes back better than ever and never has another concussion..............just worried............product of being a life long Bengal fan and watching so many Bengal careers cut short/ended because of injury................and you all know their names by heart too.

We need the leading tackler in the NFL to come back and get the D back into the top 10 again............keeping my fingers crossed.

Exactly!!!  It doesn't look like it takes much for him to get another concussion, so that is worrisome.  Hopefully he comes back and doesn't have any more of them, but I'd say the chances are probably better than not that he will.  I guess we will see.

Reply/Quote