Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict's First Time Cutting!!
(07-26-2015, 10:45 AM)CincyKid Wrote: Burfict is the key to this D. We need him back to pre-concussion form. I know the micro-fracture surgery is a delicate surgery that requires long re-habs,  but Dre K had this same surgery and he seems to be 100 %.

My big concern is the concussion problem..............some players never fully recover and suffer them over and over.  Troy A and now Wes Welker are 2 that stand out.

The 2nd concussion Birfict suffered is the one that spooked me into thinking there was an issue. He comes up,  makes the hit, (I think it was on Flacco) and just kinda lays there a second.......... then staggers to his feet all woozy and heads to the sidelines. Wasn't a big collision, normal tackle and BOOM down he goes again...............Flacco got right up.

I hope im dead wrong and Vontaze comes back better than ever and never has another concussion..............just worried............product of being a life long Bengal fan and watching so many Bengal careers cut short/ended because of injury................and you all know their names by heart too.

We need the leading tackler in the NFL to come back and get the D back into the top 10 again............keeping my fingers crossed.
Dead on.  I remember thinking Flacco must have been wearing a steel cup! 

Seriously, though, I would rather see Burfict for the final 8 regular season games if that means we could have him in top form for the postseason.  Even if that means an additional loss or two early as Dawson cuts his teeth (I still think in nickel, he will be starting with Lamur) but then you get him (Dawson) more game experience and have Burfict breathing fire come the postseason.  That is the same reason I think they need to work the rotation of the defensive line even if Hunt and Clarke (and perhaps Hardison) haven't shown enough to overtake the incumbents.  It just made me sick watching Peko, Geno, Dunlap, and Gilberry wear down as the season progressed when we had guys like Clarke not getting many opportunities. 

Gear the season for the postseason.  The Colts had a horrible stretch last year, but clearly had a plan and made a good run in the playoffs.  That is what has to happen in Cincinnati or we will be witnessing the same damn thing again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He just recently posted a video of him box jumping a pretty good height. It seems like he is coming around. I didn't realize this but Darelle Revis had micro fracture surgery as well at one point.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 03:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: He just recently posted a video of him box jumping a pretty good height. It seems like he is coming around. I didn't realize this but Darelle Revis had micro fracture surgery as well at one point.

Just saw that!  That's HUGE!  

I'm JACKED-UP for the season, for Burfict, and for the entire D!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 08:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on.  I remember thinking Flacco must have been wearing a steel cup!

Oy, Bengals fans shouldn't be the ones cringing when their d-linemen hit an opposing team's QB!  
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 03:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: He just recently posted a video of him box jumping a pretty good height. It seems like he is coming around. I didn't realize this but Darelle Revis had micro fracture surgery as well at one point.

Oh wow.  I never knew that.  Gives me a little more comfort.
Concussions, however, leave me a bit leery.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 05:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oy, Bengals fans shouldn't be the ones cringing when their d-linemen hit an opposing team's QB!  

I didn't cringe.  I actually was celebrating the hit, but then my emotions drained as I saw Burfict lay there motionless.  It was very odd.  It even looked like Burfict hit him with his head up...kind of like the facemask hit the groin area.

One of my favorite hits was (I believe) the game where Cincy knocked putzburg out of the playoff race on their field.  I think it was Geno and MJ "high-lowed" vagiburger, and it looked like Geno's helmet hit right on little ben while MJ smashed him high from the other side.  I must have watched that replay a hundred times. 
Reply/Quote
I think we need to temper hope. Clowney had the surgery a month before Burfict and won't be able to practice until the end of training camp. That's a month before Burfict. I'll be amazed if Burfict starts week 1.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I find this kind of impressive...

VB leaps small boxes in a single bound
Reply/Quote