Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict's PFF Grade
Does anyone know what PED he was suspended for? I looked briefly but didn't see it.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Does anyone know what PED he was suspended for? I looked briefly but didn't see it.

From what I recall, it had something to do with decreasing healing time?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is so much worse. Sad to watch honestly. I would have rather see him go out in a blaze of glory. Preferably against the Steelers.

Wouldn't you have loved to have seen Pig Pen getting up one more time sucking wind stumbling around wondering where he was at ?

Hell with the flag
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:04 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I see him being cut this off season. I know I'm in the minority in this but he was one of my favorite players to watch. Sad story, don't know if we will get another elite LB for years.

He will always be one of my favorite Bengals. Such a fun player to watch when he was in his prime for a few years there.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Does anyone know what PED he was suspended for? I looked briefly but didn't see it.

Whatever it is , he needs to start taking it again.  He is declining anyway, maybe we can get a few more good games out of him!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He will always be one of my favorite Bengals. Such a fun player to watch when he was in his prime for a few years there.

He is a loon, but he is our loon.
Reply/Quote
I didn't like the Burfict contract from the get-go. I remember being against the extension when it was announced not because he wasn't a talented LB, but simply because I didn't believe that throwing that kind of money at a guy who was bound to miss a lot of time from an extensive concussion history and league discipline.

It's the same reason why I was against bringing Eifert back.

You KNOW they weren't going to be around a lot, but you still invested a lot of money in them, which also means you're not investing a lot of money in their backup, who will end up being forced into playing time.

He's had what, at least 5 concussions in the last 3 years? 2 season ending, 3 if this one ends his 2018 season.

(That said, I am not particularly happy to be proven right. I'd have preferred him to prove me wrong by having a Ray Lewis-type career.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Burfict takes more hard hits than most running backs and it has taken its toll on his body. He may never be the same plus he looks like he is trying not to get suspended. This team needs to draft O-line and Linebackers above all else.
Reply/Quote
I posted on here last year wanting his drama gone from the team but was told that he was such a stud that he should stay. It looks like he was riding the roid rage to success.
Reply/Quote
I think it’s pretty obvious that PED’s elevated his game and without them he his the slow fat guy we saw at the combine and now this year.
Reply/Quote
I remember folks on Sirius talking to a DR during VB's recovery from Micro Surgery. I believe they said the return rate is much higher for all other injuries including ACLs. Very few that have Micro surgery ever sign another long term contract.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 05:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember folks on Sirius talking to a DR during VB's recovery from Micro Surgery. I believe they said the return rate is much higher for all other injuries including ACLs. Very few that have Micro surgery ever sign another long term contract.

I did a good bit of research on it.  A lot of players in all professional sports of all types have recovered 100% from microfracture surgery, but almost none of them had long careers.  So they seem to recover but it shortens their careers.

However if Burfict is out with a concussion that is a bigger dal than his knee.  He has hadf a ton of concussions.  It may be tiem for him to give it up.

Over the last several years we have only had 4 players I consider "elite", Green, Atkins, Burfict, and Eifert.  Now two of them appear to have their careers cut short by injury.
Reply/Quote
He needs a new change of scenery more than he is done. He looks to be in proper posisition he just doesn't make a play on the ball or ball carrier. I think another team would take a chance on him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Does anyone know what PED he was suspended for? I looked briefly but didn't see it.

Came in here to mention how much did his PED impact his level of play?
Reply/Quote
I've never been a fan of him. After this season tho, he should be cut at the best time to save whatever money they can in terms of the cap.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 05:24 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think it’s pretty obvious that PED’s elevated his game and without them he his the slow fat guy we saw at the combine and now this year.

(12-04-2018, 07:36 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: Came in here to mention how much did his PED impact his level of play?

He never failed a PED test when he was playing well.

I don't see any connection.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 07:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He never failed a PED test when he was playing well.

I don't see any connection.

He got caught with a random testing. The majority of drug testing is known in advance and scheduled. Super easy system to cheat and the players know it.

Now that he’s in the program, he can be randomly tested anytime during the season, so he knows he can’t use anymore.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 08:08 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He got caught with a random testing. The majority of drug testing is known in advance and scheduled. Super easy system to cheat and the players know it.

Right.  Same exact system that has been in place ever since he entered the league, and he never failed for a PED when he was playing well.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 08:08 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He got caught with a random testing. The majority of drug testing is known in advance and scheduled. Super easy system to cheat and the players know it.

That is only the testing at the begining of training camp.  After that, it's 10 guys per team per month.

If I recall the situation correctly, it was a prescription provided by his doctor.  He initially intended to use that as part of his defense, but the league policy makes it clear that it is the player's responsibility to verify any issues with a prescription and apply for a waiver BEFORE taking such prescriptions.  It was at that point that he changed his defense to "It shouldn't matter as I am inactive".
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 08:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right.  Same exact system that has been in place ever since he entered the league, and he never failed for a PED when he was playing well.

You’re assuming he’s been randomly tested before and there’s no way to know that. Not all players are randomly tested (40 players across the league each week) so it’s possible Tez never got caught before, because he had never been randomly tested before.
Reply/Quote