Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict's PFF Grade
(12-04-2018, 08:17 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That is only the testing at the begining of training camp.  After that, it's 10 guys per team per month.

If I recall the situation correctly, it was a prescription provided by his doctor.  He initially intended to use that as part of his defense, but the league policy makes it clear that it is the player's responsibility to verify any issues with a prescription and apply for a waiver BEFORE taking such prescriptions.  It was at that point that he changed his defense to "It shouldn't matter as I am inactive".

Lots a players have lots of excuses when they get caught. I’ve learned over the years to not just accept a player’s word for it when they get caught using PED’s.

Producing the prescription would have been an easy way to prove it was on doctor orders.
Reply/Quote
It's like throwing money at Eifert except he produced well when he played.

Burfict is not some kind of monster or anything.

I just want a better player at LB and don't want them holding a spot for him.

Un - re -li -ab - le !!

I just don't think he'll get a fair shake from refs at this point if he was playing out of his mind anyway.

Like many other fans I'd hoped that he'd save this miserable defense yet alas I was duped.

They'll have to cut him because I don't think they'll get any trade offers... that sucks big time.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 08:31 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It's like throwing money at Eifert except he produced well when he played.

Burfict is not some kind of monster or anything.  

I just want a better player at LB and don't want them holding a spot for him.

Un - re -li -ab - le !!

I just don't think he'll get a fair shake from refs at this point if he was playing out of his mind anyway.

Like many other fans I'd hoped that he'd save this miserable defense yet alas I was duped.

They'll have to cut him because I don't think they'll get any trade offers... that sucks big time.

The league did what it set out to do.  They ended him.  They were not gonna stop until they did.  He folded.   Now he's just out there making back his fine money.

This has never been a man of great judgment.  He's a good citizen and all that but he's his own worst enemy.  It was never gonna end in glory.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Maybe he’s halfassing it. Cut bait, watch him sign on in Oakland and revive his career with Guenther. I hold no hate for the guy, but we are looking at a rebuild, he has a target on his back here anyways. It’s time we spend a high pick on a game changing LB we can depend on.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully he retires after the pitsburg game and does it in a memorable way。
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 09:18 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Hopefully he retires after the pitsburg game and does it in a memorable way。

He won't retire with 2 years on his contract. The Bengals will have to waive or trade him.
Reply/Quote
Dude is just collecting checks now.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 09:18 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Hopefully he retires after the pitsburg game and does it in a memorable way。

I agree, this is probably the best we can hope for at this point. A "Samson" ending. But whose career do I want him to end in his final moment of glory? JuJu's or Ben's? 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 07:33 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He needs a new change of scenery more than he is done.  He looks to be in proper posisition he just doesn't make a play on the ball or ball carrier. I think another team would take a chance on him.

I think he is mad that we got rid of his boy Guenther and ever since has half assed it. When he thanked the NFL for allowing him to be on Vacation right before the Miami game that rubbed me the wrong way. Watch him though have a major season else where next season and everyone will be pissed that we moved on from him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
This board has become embarassing. Most people that post here have very little football knowledge and to set the record straight for those who dont know he wasnt even hit for roids. It was for adderall which falls into the performance enhancing category but it is certainly not roids.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 10:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I hadn't checked his grade recently...so I looked at it today and:

49.7 or #72 LB.

Wow. He grades slightly lower than Evans.

Nickerson grades out at 45.1 or #74 LB, so there is one LB ranked in between them.

What a stunning turn for Burfict. A rating in the 50's is bad relative to peers...but to even sniff the 40's is terrible.

And, he just signed an extension that averages like $10-11 million a year.

I looked and it appears Vigil's grade declined after this past game. IF memory serves, he was around 70 going into the game and he's at 64.6 now or the #39 LB.

I don't know how he lost his ability to tackle and to go from my favorite Linebacker to just a bad one.

Sad stuff, even more reason to move on from Haslett and all the Defensive coaches. Sunset i think must be
correct though and Burfict has been dealing with a lingering injury this year. Players don't just lose their
instincts like this, atleast i have never seen it.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He really did bring an edge to this team when healthy. allowed to play how he wanted/knew.

It looks like he can't move out there for whatever reason.

FIFY
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 12:13 AM)Tdscott11 Wrote: I agree, this is probably the best we can hope for at this point. A "Samson" ending. But whose career do I want him to end in his final moment of glory? JuJu's or Ben's? 

Roethlisberger has done nothing to him, but JJSS on the other hand...
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Burfict wasn't getting away with PED's during his glory years. That was pure beast. As physically volatile as he was you know they was out to get something on him. I doubt they weren't on it. Had to be the way he was playing.

To the poster who said he may need a change of scenery, I like it. Drum up the trade market. Oakland I'm looking at you!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 10:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: Burfict wasn't getting away with PED's during his glory years. That was pure beast. As physically volatile as he was you know they was out to get something on him. I doubt they weren't on it. Had to be the way he was playing.

To the poster who said he may need a change of scenery, I like it. Drum up the trade market. Oakland I'm looking at you!

What could we possibly get for him?

He's playing like one of the worst starting LB's in the league. He's injured a lot. He's suspended a lot. He signed a large contract. And he has a PED suspension.

We'd be lucky to get a 7th Round pick.
Reply/Quote
Get rid of him. He’s always been a douche on the field and very unreliable. He sucks now, no reason to keep him.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 11:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What could we possibly get for him?

He's playing like one of the worst starting LB's in the league. He's injured a lot. He's suspended a lot. He signed a large contract. And he has a PED suspension.

We'd be lucky to get a 7th Round pick.

We would just cut him. The Browns front office tho, would probably get a 3rd round pick for him.

We just aren't good at the trade our players (outside of giving them to NE), and stockpile draft picks game.

Unless the player threatens to retire before ever playing for the Bengals again.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 10:08 AM)jj22 Wrote: We would just cut him. The Browns front office tho, would probably get a 3rd round pick for him.

We just aren't good at the trade our players (outside of giving them to NE), and stockpile draft picks game.

Unless the player threatens to retire before ever playing for the Bengals again.

ie The player has to force our hand.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 10:57 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: ie The player has to force our hand.

And still came out like gangbusters with a forced hand. If anything, that means they did even better. 

Traded for Cordy Glenn while getting Price.

Trading is the one area I think they are pretty good at.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 06:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: FIFY

His effort is piss poor. He quits on a LOT of plays. I get he's trying to change, but he simply doesn't play with the effort he used to.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote