Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict's Suspension Upheld
(02-14-2016, 10:43 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: But in your eyes Steelers fans are crybabies while Bengals fans are some kind of noble, loyal fanbase screaming about the injustices of the NFL. 

Yes. a little slow since you're a steeelers fan, but now you're getting it. Bengals fans have a legitimate case, whilst steelers fans are simply whiners.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2016, 10:43 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: and.......wait for it.......that's my point. 

But in your eyes Steelers fans are crybabies while Bengals fans are some kind of noble, loyal fanbase screaming about the injustices of the NFL. 

Heroes throw beer bottles. Ninja
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2016, 11:52 AM)Beaker Wrote: Yes. a little slow since you're a steeelers fan, but now you're getting it. Bengals fans have a legitimate case, whilst steelers fans are simply whiners.

Delusional homer. 

Got it. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2016, 11:53 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Heroes throw beer bottles. Ninja

I guess the saying, "one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter" applies.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I would have been fine if it was a 1 game suspension reduced to a heavy fine on appeal. I would have been angry, but handled it if it was 2 games reduced to 1 on appeal...

But the simple fact of how inconsistent the punishments are is what pisses me off.

Just a fine.
[Image: BJn7gmE.gif]

Just one game.
[Image: th?id=OIP.Ma385a1e87128b1c2e4d3df2eac620...0&pid=15.1]

Just one game that was reduced to a fine despite it being his second time stepping on folk.
[Image: Ndamukong-Suh-Stomping-On-Aaron-Rodgers-GIF.gif]

Just one game even though it was his third personal foul of the game.
[Image: fightobj.0.gif]

Just a 10k fine.
[Image: 466e9_hair.0.gif]

Just a fine even though it was his second personal foul that game.
[Image: mariotaknee0-1.gif]

Just one game.
[Image: suh-stomp.gif]

So the fact that a shoulder-to-helmet hit (yes it was a foul, yes it's fine he was punished, but it was a shoulder-to-helmet) warranted a 3 game suspension with no reduction on appeal is pretty much a load of crap. Can anyone name me a longer suspension for on-field conduct in between the whistles? Let alone for the first time a guy has been suspended.

This isn't even a Steelers vs Bengals thing. It's a blatant NFL front office problem thing that needs to be addressed so Fuhrer Goodell's mood doesn't dictate how much of an example he decides he needs to make out of players for less egregious plays than he gave slaps on the wrists for just a week or two earlier.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2016, 10:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Honestly, I would have been fine if it was a 1 game suspension reduced to a heavy fine on appeal. I would have been angry, but handled it if it was 2 games reduced to 1 on appeal...

But the simple fact of how inconsistent the punishments are is what pisses me off.

So the fact that a shoulder-to-helmet hit (yes it was a foul, yes it's fine he was punished, but it was a shoulder-to-helmet) warranted a 3 game suspension with no reduction on appeal is pretty much a load of crap. Can anyone name me a longer suspension for on-field conduct in between the whistles? Let alone for the first time a guy has been suspended.

This isn't even a Steelers vs Bengals thing. It's a blatant NFL front office problem thing that needs to be addressed so Fuhrer Goodell's mood doesn't dictate how much of an example he decides he needs to make out of players for less egregious plays than he gave slaps on the wrists for just a week or two earlier.

As others have noted this wasn't Burfict's first rodeo.  He probably should have had a one game before.

So you are correct that the league is inconsistent.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
3 is a bit much. 1 or maybe 2 would've been more fair. Definitely needed to be more than just a fine though.

The league is going to make an example of Burfict to drive home their agenda of changing the way the game is played (and that change is probably a good thing for the players sake). He's their new whipping boy. It sucks, but you're going to have to live with it until he changes the way he plays, which he will. Until then, be prepared for flags to be flying at anything that even looks close. As said above several times, we're well aware what its like when your guy (James Harrison) is in the leagues crosshairs. It's frustrating, but you (and Burfict) will capitulate.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2016, 10:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Honestly, I would have been fine if it was a 1 game suspension reduced to a heavy fine on appeal. I would have been angry, but handled it if it was 2 games reduced to 1 on appeal...

Goodell/the league is certainly inconsistent. But where they got it wrong was not punishing those others guys enough, not that they punished Burfict too much. This incident came after he was fined for 9 previous hits. Harrison and Mitchell have a combined total in their entire careers of 7 or 8, so I don't think any of the guys you mentioned have as big of a history in as short of a time as Burfict. I have no idea how Burfict was not suspended a game for the ankle twisting. A total fine of $25,000 for doing it to Newtown and Olsen when he was already a repeat offender might be the best example of a inconsistent punishment Goodell has ever been a part of. 3 games wouldn't seem like a big deal had he already had a previous 1-2 game suspension like he should have.
Reply/Quote
Anyone that can't see what burfict is is lying to themselves. The fact of the matter is, he's the type of player that if he's on your side you love and if he's not you hate him. No different than steelers and Harrison or the lions/dolphins with suh. I hate/hated suh, but would I have been like a kid in a candy store if the bengals nabbed him in free agency? Hell yeah I would have. Not to say the trait HAS to be had to be good but most of the players that have the nasty/dirty streak in them are difference makers. And because of that, most of them are embraced by the home team. Right or wrong, that's the way it is, and it's not changing anytime soon.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2016, 10:22 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Anyone that can't see what burfict is is lying to themselves. The fact of the matter is, he's the type of player that if he's on your side you love and if he's not you hate him. No different than steelers and Harrison or the lions/dolphins with suh. I hate/hated suh, but would I have been like a kid in a candy store if the bengals nabbed him in free agency? Hell yeah I would have. Not to say the trait HAS to be had to be good but most of the players that have the nasty/dirty streak in them are difference makers. And because of that, most of them are embraced by the home team. Right or wrong, that's the way it is, and it's not changing anytime soon.

Burfict was on the Steelers' side last game, and I'm thankful for his game winning performance he had for us. Bengal fans can pretend to rationalize it into a positive (somehow), but the Bengals lost a playoff game that they had clinched against your most hated rival, and Birthdefect was part of the sequence to ruin it. There's no moral victory and you know you were cheering for Bosewell to shank that kick - assuming you had the courage to watch the play or hadn't already accepted the fate.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2016, 04:42 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Burfict was on the Steelers' side last game, and I'm thankful for his game winning performance he had for us. Bengal fans can pretend to rationalize it into a positive (somehow), but the Bengals lost a playoff game that they had clinched against your most hated rival, and Birthdefect was part of the sequence to ruin it. There's no moral victory and you know you were cheering for Bosewell to shank that kick - assuming you had the courage to watch the play or hadn't already accepted the fate.
I just keep having to remind myself that the guy that can't quite count to seven (you) has the mental capacity of a grapefruit and that I can't judge him based on his lack of reading comprehension skills. But....
Who's trying to rationalize it into a positive? The point is that, right or wrong, most people embrace the dirty play of their own and hate that of another team. It has been happening for years on multiple different teams and it will continue to happen in the future. Sure it was disappointing to see it bite us in the end this season, but it happened and there is nothing to be done about it now. 

But At least from your comment we can agree that the bengals and burfict beat themselves and that the steelers didn't truly earn it right?

Also, of course I was hoping for a shank? Why wouldn't I or any other bengals fan be doing that? I'm not totally sure what you're implying with that statement. But then I just revert back to the beginning of my post and I know why I don't understand you. Because you are truly on your own level.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2016, 06:10 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I just keep having to remind myself that the guy that can't quite count to seven (you) has the mental capacity of a grapefruit and that I can't judge him based on his lack of reading comprehension skills. But....
Who's trying to rationalize it into a positive? The point is that, right or wrong, most people embrace the dirty play of their own and hate that of another team. It has been happening for years on multiple different teams and it will continue to happen in the future. Sure it was disappointing to see it bite us in the end this season, but it happened and there is nothing to be done about it now. 

But At least from your comment we can agree that the bengals and burfict beat themselves and that the steelers didn't truly earn it right?

Also, of course I was hoping for a shank? Why wouldn't I or any other bengals fan be doing that? I'm not totally sure what you're implying with that statement. But then I just revert back to the beginning of my post and I know why I don't understand you. Because you are truly on your own level.
Plenty of bengals fans have rationalized that they are now tougher than the steelers and that the Steelers are afraid the bengals. Or that it was worth hurting Brown because it hurt the Steelers playoff chances, as if the bengals winning would have hurt them more. That's all crap because Bosewell didn't shank it, and that's all that matters.

The Steelers earned the win through about 3 quarters, then blew it. Having a chance to make a comeback, Jones threw a horrible interception, while Ben stood - apparently healthy enough to play - on the sidelines. The Steelers prolonged their death with a fumble recovery, but that's all it should have done. Then Burfict and Jones did the impossible and gave the Steelers a chip shot field goal to win. I'd say both the Steelers and Bengals did enough to earn a win, but the Bengals picked a bad time to put out a 'classic Bungal moment'. Neither Tomlin nor Lewis put out a winning effort on their end of things.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2016, 06:21 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Plenty of bengals fans have rationalized that they are now tougher than the steelers and that  the Steelers are afraid the bengals. Or that it was worth hurting Brown because it hurt the Steelers playoff chances, as if the bengals winning would have hurt them more. That's all crap because Bosewell didn't shank it, and that's all that matters.

The Steelers earned the win through about 3 quarters, then blew it. Having a chance to make a comeback, Jones threw a horrible interception, while Ben stood - apparently healthy enough to play - on the sidelines. The Steelers prolonged their death with a fumble recovery, but that's all it should have done. Then Burfict and Jones did the impossible and gave the Steelers a chip shot field goal to win. I'd say both the Steelers and Bengals did enough to earn a win, but the Bengals picked a bad time to put out a 'classic Bungal moment'. Neither Tomlin nor Lewis put out a winning effort on their end of things.

So the bengals beat themselves and the steelers didn't earn it. I thought that is what you were getting at earlier but you really drove the point home this time. Got it now.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2016, 06:45 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: So the bengals beat themselves and the steelers didn't earn it. I thought that is what you were getting at earlier but you really drove the point home this time. Got it now.

You shouldn't be surprised because I've making that clear since the game was going on before the fumble and penalties; however, you clearly didn't read the post you decided to respond to.

For example, I said:

(02-15-2016, 06:21 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I'd say both the Steelers and Bengals did enough to earn a win

To which you responded:

(02-15-2016, 06:45 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: So the bengals beat themselves and the steelers didn't earn it.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2016, 07:06 PM)6andcounting Wrote: You shouldn't be surprised because I've making that clear since the game was going on before the fumble and penalties; however, you clearly didn't read the post you decided to respond to.

For example, I said:

To which you responded:

I get it. You don't believe the steelers really earned the victory and that the bengals beat themselves. What do you want from me?

Reply/Quote
I love watching Bengals fans cry about this using the same exact arguments that they refuted when Steelers fans used them in regards to Goodell and Harrison. Buncha blumpkins.
Reply/Quote
It's whatever.

I'm sure the Steelers fans will be just as relieved as I'm going to be having 2 division games done by the end of week 3.

It's really the only way to save Bell and Brown for the season.

It is gonna suck losing Eifert and Bernard to unpenalized head hunting hits so early, but the Bengals will bounce back.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2016, 06:45 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: So the bengals beat themselves and the steelers didn't earn it. I thought that is what you were getting at earlier but you really drove the point home this time. Got it now.

Who really cares? We won you lost. We appreciate the fabulous gift but don't expect to get a thank you card in the mail.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 12:45 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It is gonna suck losing Eifert and Bernard to unpenalized head hunting hits so early, but the Bengals will bounce back.

Cry  Wah wah Cry . Cry cry cry  Cry

With a name like big papa I'd think you would act more like a man. It's too bad too because nobody likes a man that acts too womanly. Consider yourself scratched off the list.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 07:57 PM)Rainbow stiller Wrote: Cry  Wah wah Cry . Cry cry cry  Cry

With a name like big papa I'd think you would act more like a man. It's too bad too because nobody likes a man that acts too womanly. Consider yourself scratched off the list.

Lame     tssss
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote