Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Mike Brown has ANY BALLS...
(12-18-2016, 07:38 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Just listening to the interviews he's done the last couple of weeks, he doesn't sound like a man who's ready to call it quits.

And who can really blame him?  I mean, it's one thing for us to say what we would do if we lived in a universe where we were an NFL HC, or say he should doo the honorable thing and fall on his sword.  But, if someone were paying me millions of dollars per year to do a job and I didn't have to worry about my performance in said job, Imma be cashing me some checks as long as old dude writes them.  And laughing at the fans calling for my head. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: ...AT ALL, he will fire Marvin. It's bad enough that he is now 2-14 at home versus our main rival, but it's how it continues to happen...complete meltdowns, stupid penalties, poor adjustments, etc, etc.

You've all known me long enough to know that I'm pretty laid back and even-keeled, and don't go off on tangents...but goddamn...enough is enough. I don't understand how Mike could sit there and watch this happen, yet again, and still want to bring Marvin back next year. 

If Marvin is still roaming the sidelines next year...it proves to me, beyond any doubt, that Mike doesn't give a shit about the actual results on the field and that he has no competitive pride at all.

The one and only thing that sways Mike Brown is the financial end of it. As long as he is turning a profit, he is not concerned with his teams record, championships or anyone's opinion about his team, him or his coaches. 

Like Marv, he has no shame. He only cares about the profit. 

That and only that.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Mods please move the Marvin Lewis subforum

The whole subforum?  Ninja

Seriously, this was supposed to be more about Mike, but as these things tend to do...
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:31 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I mean, even he has to see that is is over. 

Unfortunately, he doesn't.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You want to move the subforum?  Ninja

Seriously, this was supposed to be more about Mike, but as these things tend to do...

Mike Brown is 81 years old. I'm sure he has balls, but he most likely has to tuck them into his socks.

Of course the problem is Mike Brown and it is because he sees this team as a business. Marvin is doing all he can, but the time has come to move on. Just don't get that crappy coach from Minnesota when they fire him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm glad I didn't watch today. I followed along on my phone, and sadly, I could see the old predictable bungling coming a mile away.

When it was 20-6, I was thinking "they'll stagnate and the Steelers will chip away". Sure enough...
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
How much of this is on Marvin or the coaching staff  I don't know but what I do know is this team isn't good enough. The Lack of athleticism and pass rush on defense is embarrassing and on offense our WR core is slow and can't beat man coverage. I can live Marvin being back or being fired but what can't live with is this same crappy roster.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
[Image: P3FHP.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nchchx6Y8E1svecmko1_400.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Mike Brown is 81 years old. I'm sure he has balls, but he most likely has to tuck them into his socks.

Of course the problem is Mike Brown and it is because he sees this team as a business. Marvin is doing all he can, but the time has come to move on. Just don't get that crappy coach from Minnesota when they fire him.

Mike has always been a part of the problem, and his stubbornness when it comes to making changes when they are so obviously needed is a major factor, which only compounds other problems.

However, he's not the only problem. Marvin is the one coaching this team on the field. Not only is he 8-22 (2-14 at home) against our top rival and 0-7 in the playoffs...but his overall record against the top 5 teams in the AFC during his tenure (in terms of playoff appearance and total wins) is simply embarrassing. 

Unfortunately, it looks like we're stuck with both for awhile. While Katie, Troy and Duke may be much more involved now and have a voice in what happens, it's still Mike who has the final say and Marvin still seems to have a good deal of input with him.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:57 PM)J24 Wrote: How much of this is on Marvin or the coaching staff  I don't know but what I do know is this team isn't good enough. The Lack of athleticism and pass rush on defense is embarrassing and on offense our WR core is slow and can't beat man coverage. I can live Marvin being back or being fired but what can't live with is this same crappy roster.

Marvin was instrumental in putting the 'crappy roster' together.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Seriously, this was supposed to be more about Mike, but as these things tend to do...

(12-18-2016, 08:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: However, he's not the only problem. Marvin is the one coaching this team on the field. Not only is he 8-22 (2-14 at home) against our top rival and 0-7 in the playoffs...but his overall record against the top 5 teams in the AFC during his tenure (in terms of playoff appearance and total wins) is simply embarrassing. 

(12-18-2016, 08:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Marvin was instrumental in putting the 'crappy roster' together.

I see.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
When we scored 20 points...the announcers talked about how we had only scored 21+ points against the Steelers once in a bunch of games.

That was the kiss of death that we wouldn't score again.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I see.

Yeah, it's crazy how when you're talking about the owner firing the head coach, in a thread meant to criticize said owner, inevitably you may end up talking about the very head coach that you're wanting the owner to fire...in that exact same thread about the owner firing the head coach. Rolleyes

Ok, enough about that...let's get back to Mike's balls. Ninja
Reply/Quote
Hopefully when Marvin moves on Mike Brown also takes a back seat. And hopefully that happens this offseason.

Marvin has been Mike's guy. Mike's guy didnt get it done. He can still sit in all the meetings and preside over the hotdog and gatorade budget and drive his golf cart around the practice field. But the final authority gets handed down. Let Katie run the show.

Instead of low energy Droopy-like Mike Brown being the head figure, maybe just a little change at the top has a big effect.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:55 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Hopefully when Marvin moves on Mike Brown also takes a back seat. 

Yeah, he'll be getting close to 90 at that point, so maybe he'll want to start winding things down.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Marvin was instrumental in putting the 'crappy roster' together
Then maybe he needs to have less influence over the roster. Maybe Duke needs to have full control of the personal. Personally I think coaching is  overvalued in pro sports and its all about the roster and right now we have a terrible roster.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Mike Brown is 81 years old. I'm sure he has balls, but he most likely has to tuck them into his socks.

If that's the case, I wouldn't mind kicking the old fool in the shins!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:34 PM)J24 Wrote: Then maybe he needs to have less influence over the roster. Maybe Duke needs to have full control of the personal. Personally I think coaching is  overvalued in pro sports and its all about the roster and right now we have a terrible roster.

Tell that to Bill Belichick.  In basketball and baseball where individuals can carry a team, I'd agree with you, but in the ultimate team sport, coaching plays a big part.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 12:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Tell that to Bill Belichick.  In basketball and baseball where individuals can carry a team, I'd agree with you, but in the ultimate team sport, coaching plays a big part.  

Agreed,

Coaching is a huge, major factor in why we are where we are. And in all facets of the game, who we're drafting, who we're playing, who's not playing and on and on.

But most of all the game plan/play calling. Specifically Marvin's prevent offense anytime he goes up by 10 or more.

Let me take you to 5:10 left before half time - thread coming
Reply/Quote