Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Burrow’s response to Browning’s success
His response can be seen in his actions. He's on the Microphone during playcalling, he's reviewing the previous drive with Jake on the sideline. He's causing no background noise or distractions and he's standing with his teammates at all times during the game and in the locker room.

He approves of Browning and everything he is doing. I don't know what you hope to gain by trying to create some sort of drama where there is none.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 12:42 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Where does McCarron fit in this QB equation??? lol
"Hey guys, I'm staying out of this. I just signed to call OT coin flips.." - AJ McCarron
Reply/Quote
Listening to Zac’s presser yesterday. They were talking about the injured players. You could tell Zac was really bummed about Reader and Ivey. But they asked him about their involvement. He said Joe was on the headset yesterday. He said Joe texted him Saturday night. He said to Zac I hope I didn’t talk too much on it. Zac said no you were fine. He said trust me if you were Id made no bones of telling you to shut up.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 09:48 PM)Whacked Wrote: Where is it?

We all love Burrow. He is our Franchise QB - probably for the next decade.

But - anyone else wondering why Burrow has been so eerily silent about Browning’s very impressive success and even setting a few records along the way?

All sorts of players are all over interviews or social media posting up pro-Jake love, compliments and support.

A few of his teammates have been gushing all over him at times.

Shouldn’t the leader of this team be one of the most vocal supporters?

I haven’t seen one clip of anything positive stated or posted about Jake by Burrow. I haven’t seen a ton of love on the sidelines either.

It all seems a little strange by the team’s leader.

Or......maybe he doesn't want to steal any of Jake's thunder. He's helping him a lot on the sidelines according to Browning. He's there with a lot of encouragement too. Also, injured players rarely interview, unless it's Rodgers.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 09:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Joe literally treated Jake’s family to a luxury box for the Colts game. Some of you really do go out of your way to look for weird shit to be upset about.

.....and the Vikings game.

Reply/Quote
As a fan it did make me uneasy being down 14 in the 4th facing a critical 3rd down and the camera switches too Joe laughing it up on the sidelines it annoyed me a little.
Reply/Quote
This shits weird.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Here's my fear with Burrow and Browning. We will have a chance to get some picks for him next year in a trade when Burrow comes back. However, I fear Burrow getting injured again after we split ties with Browning and then we are screwed. Browning goes on to win 7 SB's and we go back in a 30yr drought. Does that sound pessimistic? As a long-time Bengals fan, trust me, it's not. I understand though that we can't keep them both and we will be forced to do the most logical, right and responsible thing. 

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 12:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Here's my fear with Burrow and Browning. We will have a chance to get some picks for him next year in a trade when Burrow comes back. However, I fear Burrow getting injured again after we split ties with Browning and then we are screwed. Browning goes on to win 7 SB's and we go back in a 30yr drought. Does that sound pessimistic? As a long-time Bengals fan, trust me, it's not. I understand though that we can't keep them both and we will be forced to do the most logical, right and responsible thing. 
It'd be pretty hard to turn down at least a 2nd round pick for Browning. 
I think Browning is a capable QB, but I'm still not really sure what the heck his ceiling is...theres still such a small sample size. And Im not going to act like he's anywhere near Burrows ability. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Browning will be a Bengals all of next season.

Under contract for less than 1M.

You can’t ask for a better backup QB situation
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Dude…are you serious with this post?
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 11:49 AM)Wyche Wrote: Or......maybe he doesn't want to steal any of Jake's thunder. He's helping him a lot on the sidelines according to Browning. He's there with a lot of encouragement too. Also, injured players rarely interview, unless it's Rodgers.

That's what I'm thinking.  And I liked Cosca's post which also featured a photo of Joe with the headphones on.  Combine that with the fact that he's been setting Browning's family up in a luxury box and I'm just so impressed.  The guy is 100% class.   The fact that he's saying nothing just tells me that his ego is totally at a level I'd like mine to be.   Small and comfortable - in contradistinction to inflated, obsequious and peevish.

I love this team.   Love it.

I was at the game.  One of the best games I ever watched.  They showed the kind of character we are coming to expect from them win or lose.  What a great day.  I'm still hoarse!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 11:49 AM)Wyche Wrote: Or......maybe he doesn't want to steal any of Jake's thunder. He's helping him a lot on the sidelines according to Browning. He's there with a lot of encouragement too. Also, injured players rarely interview, unless it's Rodgers.

Completely agree. I think Burrow is a quiet guy as it is but this is Brownings time and he's shining. If Burrow starts talking about it while we'll intended he would just be stealing some of the Brownings spotlight. 

I used to be a fan of Rodgers. The absolute last thing we need is Burrow taking anything out of his media playbook. 
Reply/Quote

What you said and Burrow probably doesn't want to be a distraction.

Allowing Browning to Focus and as of right now this is Browning's Team.

Professional QB courtesy to have Browning take control of the Reigns (so to speak)
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 03:32 PM)depthchart Wrote: What you said and Burrow probably doesn't want to be a distraction.

Allowing Browning to Focus and as of right now this is Browning's Team.

Professional QB courtesy to have Browning take control of the Reigns (so to speak)

Yes, I should've added that too. He's definitely been on the headset and with a tablet on the bench talking to Jake.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 01:03 PM)Housh Wrote: Browning will be a Bengals all of next season.

Under contract for less than 1M.

You can’t ask for a better backup QB situation

Isn't he ERFA in 2024?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 01:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It'd be pretty hard to turn down at least a 2nd round pick for Browning. 
I think Browning is a capable QB, but I'm still not really sure what the heck his ceiling is...theres still such a small sample size. And Im not going to act like he's anywhere near Burrows ability. 

I agree. While it has been good, it has also just been a few games. Some people have taken the ball and really run with it. I keep it objective. Just like when people were hating on Browning in the beginning, I said the sample size was far too small to judge him so harshly. Bengals have been a great team for years with talent all over the field ( Nick Scott, I'm not talking about you ).  Not like Browning stepped into a Jets or Panthers. 

I want Browning here. Played better than any of us could have expected. Hopefully it stays that way. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I really like the fact that there is virtually no talk about Joe Burrow right now. Everyone knows it's his team moving forward and he gets enough of the limelight... Browning may never have it this good in his career again. He's playing great and deservedly is what the media/everyone is talking about when it comes to QB for the Bengals at the moment. If I was Joe Burrow, I'd be doing as little as possible to take that away from Browning too. There is no way Joe hasn't been trying to help Jake adapt to starting either.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 09:48 PM)Whacked Wrote: Where is it?

We all love Burrow. He is our Franchise QB - probably for the next decade.

But - anyone else wondering why Burrow has been so eerily silent about Browning’s very impressive success and even setting a few records along the way?

All sorts of players are all over interviews or social media posting up pro-Jake love, compliments and support.

A few of his teammates have been gushing all over him at times.

Shouldn’t the leader of this team be one of the most vocal supporters?

I haven’t seen one clip of anything positive stated or posted about Jake by Burrow. I haven’t seen a ton of love on the sidelines either.

It all seems a little strange by the team’s leader.

Burrow has had the ultimate response of a leader and great teammate/person. He publically expressed confidence in Jake after the injury and then has allowed the focus to be solely on Jake & his work on the field. If Burrow opens his mouth beyond the initial press conference & support he already gave it steals the spotlight from Jake. Joe would NEVER do that. 

By not speaking, Joe has allowed this to be about Jake and for him to shine. It's the perfect way to handle it.
Reply/Quote
I love how all of this has been handled, Browning, Burrow, the coaches, all of them. Couldn't ask for more.

It all has been extraordinarily impressive. Love this team and love how Burrow has done his best to just stay out of the way of Browning
and help him completely selflessly without any ego. All about the team, so awesome.
Reply/Quote