Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Burrow’s response to Browning’s success
(12-18-2023, 09:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I love how all of this has been handled, Browning, Burrow, the coaches, all of them. Couldn't ask for more.

It all has been extraordinarily impressive. Love this team and love how Burrow has done his best to just stay out of the way of Browning
and help him completely selflessly without any ego. All about the team, so awesome.

They will be a much better team going forward after having to deal with this adversity this year. I don’t think I would be saying that if Brandon Allen was getting the snaps. The grit and cohesion this team has shown is very impressive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 10:12 PM)Whacked Wrote: To all you homers, I’m a giant fan of Joe professionally AND based on his charitable work/organizations and the good he does.  

Hit the weed or something - It’s just a question. Good grief.

It doesn't take a homer to realize this is just a horrible take.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 05:23 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Isn't he ERFA in 2024?

yes which means as long as the Bengals offer him a contract at league minimum he cannot sign anywhere else.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 09:28 PM)Danimal Wrote: They will be a much better team going forward after having to deal with this adversity this year. I don’t think I would be saying that if Brandon Allen was getting the snaps. The grit and cohesion this team has shown is very impressive.

I don't know about that: Jake seems to be more mentally tough and gritty, but he doesn't have the arm talent that BA has.

Awareness and mobility, they're about the same. It's hard to say how someone in our system would do with the team around them that we have: if Jake has done this well, then chances are BA or even Plitt would see some success.

It's why one cannot put SO MUCH emphasis on the PS: these backup are playing with backups and guys that will not be on a roster in a few weeks. They almost ALWAYS look the complete opposite with the starters, that is to say, much better than they do with the backups.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 07:17 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Burrow has had the ultimate response of a leader and great teammate/person. He publically expressed confidence in Jake after the injury and then has allowed the focus to be solely on Jake & his work on the field. If Burrow opens his mouth beyond the initial press conference & support he already gave it steals the spotlight from Jake. Joe would NEVER do that. 

By not speaking, Joe has allowed this to be about Jake and for him to shine. It's the perfect way to handle it.

"Allowed"

Definitely the man at the controls.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
https://www.tiktok.com/@realjasonjdaniel/video/7311058237216853291?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRM1G_hTj2WsVT29fG6GeF...I&usqp=CAU]

Tongue
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 12:03 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: https://www.tiktok.com/@realjasonjdaniel/video/7311058237216853291?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc

Tongue

So is that his gf or sister? Conflicting reports want to know.  Cool
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 01:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It'd be pretty hard to turn down at least a 2nd round pick for Browning. 
I think Browning is a capable QB, but I'm still not really sure what the heck his ceiling is...theres still such a small sample size. And Im not going to act like he's anywhere near Burrows ability. 

I would not give him up for anything less than a 2nd round pick. If he wins playoff games this year that price might raise.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 12:18 PM)Interceptor Wrote: So is that his gf or sister? Conflicting reports want to know.  Cool

Does it matter?  Tongue

Reply/Quote
I guarantee no one on Planet Earth is happier than Joe Burrow over the Bengals’ recent success.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 02:02 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Does it matter?  Tongue

That's his gf, the thicker hottie is his sister. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 02:02 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Does it matter?  Tongue

She definitely had my attention during the game. I wasn't sure if it was his wife, sister, or Olivia's friend.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 04:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's his gf, the thicker hottie is his sister. Cool

I assume that this is his sister with the lettered Browning coat. 

Keep your head[eyes] up you pervert and look at the letters on her coat.  Ninja  

[Image: niles-1.jpg?w=658]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 12:33 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I would not give him up for anything less than a 2nd round pick. If he wins playoff games this year that price might raise.

I thought about that and, if we win a game or two in the playoffs, will teams come throwing picks at us?

Will a year be enough of a sample size for a team to invest big bucks in a trade?

This year's draft has some strong quarterbacks but I don't think it's a great class, so would teams rather invest their money in a 27-year-old who might be better than a rookie?

Would we be doing him dirty if we didn't release him to give him a chance at starting somewhere else? 

Would he see his value here and be content as a backup?

I've been thinking about all that and it makes what's left of my brain hurt. 
Reply/Quote
Like others have pointed out Joe supplied a suite for Jakes family that flew in for the game.

Plus I just think Burrow is letting the light shine on Jake and not trying to steal it away.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 06:07 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I assume that this is his sister with the lettered Browning coat. 

Keep your head[eyes] up you pervert and look at the letters on her coat.  Ninja  

[Image: niles-1.jpg?w=658]

Her pants are shinier than the lettering on her jacket.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 08:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I thought about that and, if we win a game or two in the playoffs, will teams come throwing picks at us?

Will a year be enough of a sample size for a team to invest big bucks in a trade?

This year's draft has some strong quarterbacks but I don't think it's a great class, so would teams rather invest their money in a 27-year-old who might be better than a rookie?

Would we be doing him dirty if we didn't release him to give him a chance at starting somewhere else? 

Would he see his value here and be content as a backup?

I've been thinking about all that and it makes what's left of my brain hurt. 

I think we're dreaming of we think a team is gonna throw a nice offer at us for Jake Browning. We've won some games, and he's playing his ass off, but he's got his limits. What team would even do it? Atlanta?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 12:50 PM)jason Wrote: I think we're dreaming of we think a team is gonna throw a nice offer at us for Jake Browning. We've won some games, and he's playing his ass off, but he's got his limits. What team would even do it? Atlanta?

I could see Carolina trying to make us an offer that's more of a player-for-player type trade (that maybe includes a mid-round draft pick) though I don't know if they have anything Cincy would want. 

Atlanta maybe if they think Browning's better than any QB that they could get in the draft.

If Belicheck doesn't leave NE or his replacement wants to start winning sooner than later, maybe the Patriots try to acquire Browning.

Only other team I could reasonably think would want JB6 is the Steelers and we know Cincy ain't trading him to them unless it was for something ridiculous like JB for Fitzpatrick or Watt. lol
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 01:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I could see Carolina trying to make us an offer that's more of a player-for-player type trade (that maybe includes a mid-round draft pick) though I don't know if they have anything Cincy would want. 

Atlanta maybe if they think Browning's better than any QB that they could get in the draft.

If Belicheck doesn't leave NE or his replacement wants to start winning sooner than later, maybe the Patriots try to acquire Browning.

Only other team I could reasonably think would want JB6 is the Steelers and we know Cincy ain't trading him to them unless it was for something ridiculous like JB for Fitzpatrick or Watt. lol

I think it's awful quick to pull the plug on Bryce Young... Any team that wants him just has to wait him out for a year. The sample size is REALLY small too. Remember Matt Flynn from the Packers back in the day? He didn't even make it to opening day as Seattle's starter.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 01:36 PM)jason Wrote: I think it's awful quick to pull the plug on Bryce Young... Any team that wants him just has to wait him out for a year. The sample size is REALLY small too. Remember Matt Flynn from the Packers back in the day? He didn't even make it to opening day as Seattle's starter.

I'm just sayin' there are a few teams that could make a play for JB, even if it's unlikely that he goes anywhere.
Reply/Quote