Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow Bounce Back Bgames
So, last year Burrow had 1 game he threw more than 2 INTs in (the Bears game)

The very next week, he played the Steelers and his stat line for that game was:
77.78% comp % 3 TD 1 INT and a rating of 122.9

He had 3 games where he threw 2 INTs. Here were his stats in the games immediately after
vs Det - 65.52% comp% 3 TD 1 INT 115.7 rating
vs Raid - 68.97% comp% 1 TD 0 INT 92.3 rating
vs SF - 73.53 comp% 2 TD 0 INT 125.6 rating

Combined, Burrow in the games immediately after games in which he threw 2 or more INTs, Burrows stats are:
78 of 110 70.9% comp% 9 TD 2 INT 116.4 rating

I know it's been said in a couple other threads, but honestly, Dallas better watch out. Burrow after his bad games is pretty lethal. I look forward to the clinic he's going to be putting on against the Cowboys.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Good post OP. Definitely have no doubts Burrow has the perfect mindset to overcome adversity. I mean he spends most of the game on his backside and still completes a ton of passes, so the dude knows how to keep playing. I'm slightly less convinced he'll be so stand out this time, only as I feel part of his slow start may be in part due to recovery. But he's a guy to prove people wrong, so wouldn't be shocking in the least if he goes and rips Dallas a new one.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 05:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So, last year Burrow had 1 game he threw more than 2 INTs in (the Bears game)

He had 3 games where he threw 2 INTs. Here were his stats in the games immediately after

Combined, Burrow in the games immediately after games in which he threw 2 or more INTs, Burrows stats are:

I know it's been said in a couple other threads, but honestly, Dallas better watch out. Burrow after his bad games is pretty lethal. I look forward to the clinic he's going to be putting on against the Cowboys.

I don't want to be negative, because Burrow has been good after his bad games, but he's really no different than in his games not following multiple interceptions (and maybe even worse) 

Burrow in the 9 other games of the season where he didn't throw multiple picks/the game directly after doing so had a statline of:
191/262 for 72.9%, 23 TD and 2 INT.
Reply/Quote
If the line can't protect him, he won't have a chance to bounce back.
Reply/Quote
I'd bet we're going to see a much improved Joe.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's a shame we didn't let him throw 4 INTs in the pre-season so we could be 1-0 right now.

(09-14-2022, 08:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd bet we're going to see a much improved Joe.

I'm pretty sure Burrow could throw the ball directly into the turf 20 times and be better than he was against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 08:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's a shame we didn't let him throw 4 INTs in the pre-season so we could be 1-0 right now.

I'm pretty sure Burrow could throw the ball directly into the turf 20 times and be better than he was against the Steelers.

LOL true
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 05:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So, last year Burrow had 1 game he threw more than 2 INTs in (the Bears game)

Thought the numbers would be somethin' like that Phil. Thanks for providing them. I agree, the Cowboys better watch 
out plus our OL got much better as the game went on. I expect a big bounce back. That might of been Burrow's worst 
half besides the Bears game in the 2nd half where he threw 3 picks in a row. 

You better bet Joe Burrow will learn from that shit.

The question is how we handle Micah Parsons honestly and if the playbook is used correctly IMO.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 08:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's a shame we didn't let him throw 4 INTs in the pre-season so we could be 1-0 right now.

LMAO!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Speaking of bouncing back...

I remember another guy beginning his 3rd year as an NFL starting QB, who had also previously played the Rams in the SB and had 3 postseason wins on his resume...opening the season with 4 picks and a very shaky performance in an ugly loss. 

His season ended a little better than it started. Ninja Ninja Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 08:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Speaking of bouncing back...

I remember another guy beginning his 3rd year as an NFL starting QB, who had also previously played the Rams in the SB and had 3 postseason wins on his resume...opening the season with 4 picks and a very shaky performance in an ugly loss. 

His season ended a little better than it started. Ninja Ninja Ninja

Hmmm, hope Burrow's career goes like that guy's did.... Wink
Reply/Quote