Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow: Classier than MaCocky
https://youtu.be/Ld1ysvSUM4c
Reply/Quote
The guy just took a tough L... Our guys are cocky too. Some guys don't even step up to face those stupid questions after losses like that. Now let's go whip that Lil dip shit that's been our kryptonite the past few years. I'm totally up for making fun of HIS presser.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:29 PM)jason Wrote: The guy just took a tough L... Our guys are cocky too. Some guys don't even step up to face those stupid questions after losses like that. Now let's go whip that Lil dip shit that's been our kryptonite the past few years. I'm totally up for making fun of HIS presser.

Yeah, he had been 26-0 after Halloween. Now 26-1.
Reply/Quote
Can someone sum up what he said?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can someone sum up what he said?

I didn’t hear anything offensive out of that. Just answered some questions.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can someone sum up what he said?

Blah blah blah... The Bengals are comin'.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Honestly, his in game mannerisms are more annoying now. It’s not even celebrating a big play, he like does little skits. At one point he threw a “no look” and then running down the field was pointing at his eyes and looking around shrugging, which was just weird because it wasn’t a TD or anything.

His ego has definitely inflated over the last year or two, not undeserved but still somewhat of a turnoff. I’m down for celebrations of emotion but weird look at me stuff mid drive isn’t it.
Reply/Quote
What’s the problem with his presser ?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, his in game mannerisms are more annoying now. It’s not even celebrating a big play, he like does little skits. At one point he threw a “no look” and then running down the field was pointing at his eyes and looking around shrugging, which was just weird because it wasn’t a TD or anything.

His ego has definitely inflated over the last year or two, not undeserved but still somewhat of a turnoff. I’m down for celebrations of emotion but weird look at me stuff mid drive isn’t it.

and now he's starting to complain to the officials more

entitlement
Reply/Quote
What was the issue with what he said?

Never heard him make excuses, he sounded like a guy who lost a game and talked about missed opportunities.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, his in game mannerisms are more annoying now. It’s not even celebrating a big play, he like does little skits. At one point he threw a “no look” and then running down the field was pointing at his eyes and looking around shrugging, which was just weird because it wasn’t a TD or anything.

It was a crossing route right in front of him. He was maybe two feet out of his direct vision. He does it just to do it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:44 PM)jason Wrote: Blah blah blah... The Bengals are comin'.

Dammit, I wanted to post that meme of Omar comin with Ja’Marr photoshopped in but I can’t find it now…

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: and now he's starting to complain to the officials more

entitlement

I think all QBs are starting to do that more and more as they try to get a flag.

Watch WRs, the Bengals included in this, after any incomplete pass they are looking to the official saying where is the flag. It's annoying no matter what jersey they wear. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I didn’t see how he acted during the game since I was there and not paying as much attention to him, but his Presser was fine. He made a small comment about the penalties but nothing egregious. I wouldn’t use this video as evidence of him being cocky, thought it was a normal presser.
Reply/Quote
Where most analysts say Burrow is just this side of the good line when it comes to cockiness, I think Mahomes is just over the bad side of it, and getting worse.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 11:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Where most analysts say Burrow is just this side of the good line when it comes to cockiness, I think Mahomes is just over the bad side of it, and getting worse.

We'll see what happens when Burrow makes multiple superbowls. Everyone loved Mahomes until the last year or so. People like to hate QBs who are great, it's what happens. Unless they're on your team. I feel like some of the only great QBs liked by most fans for their careers (in the last 20 years) were Brees and Manning. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 11:56 PM)TheFan Wrote: We'll see what happens when Burrow makes multiple superbowls. Everyone loved Mahomes until the last year or so. People like to hate QBs who are great, it's what happens. Unless they're on your team. I feel like some of the only great QBs liked by most fans for their careers (in the last 20 years) were Brees and Manning. 

People are not starting to dislike Mahomes because of success - they are starting to dislike him because of his attitude, his woke brother and big mouthed baby mama. Don't be shocked if next season (unless he has an attitude adjustment) he starts to lose the locker room. 
Reply/Quote
^nailed it

There’s super-confident (JB) and abrasively stomach-turning vomit worthy cocky (PM)
Reply/Quote

Agree 100% and thought the interview was fine but on the field he is just full of himself.

Was hoping we would have secured one or both of those INT's and pointed then at our eyes like he was doing while saying "you can't read my eyes".

But it was so nice seeing his confidence after marching up and down the field effortlessly in first half ripped right out from under his feet in the 2nd half when it mattered.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, he had been 26-0 in his last 26 games after Halloween. Now 26-1.

Did not know this but it is now one of my favorite stats from this game. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote