Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow: Classier than MaCocky
If you switch their jerseys, a lot of the opinions in this thread would switch as well. Mahomes would be the good guy and Burrow would be the bad guy. They have "it". They're both great, young QBs. I have family members who say and do stupid things as well. I would hope that people wouldn't hold that against me personally because I have zero control over another human being. Mahomes' brother is garbage, but that's not Mahomes' fault.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, his in game mannerisms are more annoying now. It’s not even celebrating a big play, he like does little skits. At one point he threw a “no look” and then running down the field was pointing at his eyes and looking around shrugging, which was just weird because it wasn’t a TD or anything.

His ego has definitely inflated over the last year or two, not undeserved but still somewhat of a turnoff. I’m down for celebrations of emotion but weird look at me stuff mid drive isn’t it.

yes, I caught that too,,he basically was mocking one our LBs I think for watching his eyes and following that and then he threw to another open man...which is what he does well...and funny, Burrow does it well too from what Im seeing. But yea, Im sensing an arrogance there...
too bad for him because there may come a day when his weapons are injured, leave for FA etc and he is not performing well.
I mean lets get serious, give Burrow KCs O line and I would say we are Superbowl Bound.   
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:54 AM)kalibengal Wrote: yes, I caught that too,,he basically was mocking one our LBs I think for watching his eyes and following that and then he threw to another open man...which is what he does well...and funny, Burrow does it well too from what Im seeing. But yea, Im sensing an arrogance there...
too bad for him because there may come a day when his weapons are injured, leave for FA etc and he is not performing well.
I mean lets get serious, give Burrow KCs O line and I would say we are Superbowl Bound.   

If it is our QB, it is swagger. If it is the opponents QB, it is disrespectful and arrogant. This is the way of fandom.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have no problem with Patrick Mahomes personally, but I did a little digging into the brother that I kept seeing mentioned, and…wow is that dude a real piece of work. Patrick should pull an Aaron Rodgers tbh.

Yeah, that guy is a piece of work. I like Pat too, I did notice a little "y'all don't belong on this field with me" vibe Sunday, but other than that, (not that it was horrible by any means) I have zero issue with his presser. Our QB has a little air of cockiness about him as well. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, that guy is a piece of work. I like Pat too, I did notice a little "y'all don't belong on this field with me" vibe Sunday, but other than that, (not that it was horrible by any means) I have zero issue with his presser. Our QB has a little air of cockiness about him as well. 

I know we're biased but to me Joe is cool cocky so to speak. You never really get that arrogant douche bag vibe from him. Baker Hayfield on the other hand comes off as a total jack ass as do others. Mahomes is somewhere in the middle.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I know we're biased but to me Joe is cool cocky so to speak. You never really get that arrogant douche bag vibe from him. Baker Hayfield on the other hand comes off as a total jack ass as do others. Mahomes is somewhere in the middle.

Yes....you put it into words much better than I could. I thought Pat was much like Burrow when he became a sensation, but maybe his clown shoes brother is rubbing off on him some. Having said that, I don't think you'd ever see Joe or Pat do that bullshit Baker did to our coaches a few years ago.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Huh, yeah I think Mahomes is cocky during the game, but Burrow is too. Let’s not forget we just ran it up on Baltimore and Burrow did an MJ shrug after the pass to Mixon lol.

I think people are right when they say that when you’ve had the success Mahomes has had, people tire of it quickly. Burrows personality is big enough where if we get success, he will get an insane amount of haters.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I know we're biased but to me Joe is cool cocky so to speak. You never really get that arrogant douche bag vibe from him. Baker Hayfield on the other hand comes off as a total jack ass as do others. Mahomes is somewhere in the middle

This is a nice description about Burrow's personality. When he talks or takes action, I can't help but find it endearing in a cool sort of way. Some athletes make me cringe when they talk trash whereas others pull it off with style that is admirable. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:47 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: If you switch their jerseys, a lot of the opinions in this thread would switch as well. Mahomes would be the good guy and Burrow would be the bad guy. They have "it". They're both great, young QBs. I have family members who say and do stupid things as well. I would hope that people wouldn't hold that against me personally because I have zero control over another human being. Mahomes' brother is garbage, but that's not Mahomes' fault.

It's totally Patrick's fault. Who do you think is providing the on-field passes to him? He may not be able to help having a douchebag brother, but that doesn't mean he can't keep him off the field. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, his in game mannerisms are more annoying now. It’s not even celebrating a big play, he like does little skits. At one point he threw a “no look” and then running down the field was pointing at his eyes and looking around shrugging, which was just weird because it wasn’t a TD or anything.

His ego has definitely inflated over the last year or two, not undeserved but still somewhat of a turnoff. I’m down for celebrations of emotion but weird look at me stuff mid drive isn’t it.

I feel like he's gotten overconfident and it's negatively affecting his play a bit.  After all the money KC dumped into their OL this past off-season, he's only 16th in completion percentage and 11th in ypa and passer rating.  That has to be seen as a disappointment.  

He doesn't really bother me with his mannerisms, but people who act like you have sinned against God  just for comparing him to another QB are annoying.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:05 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is a nice description about Burrow's personality. When he talks or takes action, I can't help but find it endearing in a cool sort of way. Some athletes make me cringe when they talk trash whereas others pull it off with style that is admirable. 

You've most likely been around people through lifes travels that always try and be funny but most of the time they just aren't. There's people out there, many of them, that just don't have the presonality to pull it off.

Joe is just one of those people that exudes cool, just has the charm, wit, likeability that most don't. You realy can't describe it in words, it's just there or it isn't.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:47 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: If you switch their jerseys, a lot of the opinions in this thread would switch as well. Mahomes would be the good guy and Burrow would be the bad guy. They have "it". They're both great, young QBs. I have family members who say and do stupid things as well. I would hope that people wouldn't hold that against me personally because I have zero control over another human being. Mahomes' brother is garbage, but that's not Mahomes' fault.

Absolutely. People get annoyed with other players being cocky but love the "fire" in guys on their own team. Plenty of comments and actions from Bengals players this season have come off worse then what Mahomes said or did this week.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote