Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow: Classier than MaCocky
(01-04-2022, 12:14 AM)Whacked Wrote: ^nailed it

There’s super-confident (JB) and abrasively stomach-turning vomit worthy cocky (PM)

Lol Okay, says someone who has never been in their locker room. I've never heard one ounce of discord ever mentioned from their team. 

The only difference between "super confident" and "cocky" is whether you like the person or not. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:18 AM)TheFan Wrote: Lol Okay, says someone who has never been in their locker room. I've never heard one ounce of discord ever mentioned from their team. 

The only difference between "super confident" and "cocky" is whether you like the person or not. 

Sorry, but QBs can and do lose locker rooms due to attitude. Vick did, Scam Newton did, Jay Cutler did and so on. And usually it starts with an exaggerated self image. In Mahomes case he is getting overly cocky plus his crap brother disrespecting things like player memorials plus his "fiancee" - and it reflects badly on Reid to allow any of them on the sidelines. Other players see it and notice it and over time it starts to cause issues. Not saying it has happened or is guaranteed to happen but the signs are there of potential trouble. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I swear if I was a team owner, I would ban his brother from the stadium for disrespecting player memorials. What's Patrick gonna do, not play? Who cares?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I swear if I was a team owner, I would ban his brother from the stadium for disrespecting player memorials. What's Patrick gonna do, not play? Who cares?

THIS is EXACTLY what needs to happen. The team needs to ban his brother, mom and fiancee from the sidelines and playing field. Or better Mahomes can do it himself - tell them they stay in the stands or the $$$ stops. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:14 AM)Whacked Wrote: ^nailed it

There’s super-confident (JB) and abrasively stomach-turning vomit worthy cocky (PM)

And there is no difference in their actions.

Just what uniform they wear.

Seriously, can anyone give me a specific example of something "stomach turning" that Mahommes has done/said?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:28 AM)Joelist Wrote: Sorry, but QBs can and do lose locker rooms due to attitude. Vick did, Scam Newton did, Jay Cutler did and so on. And usually it starts with an exaggerated self image. In Mahomes case he is getting overly cocky plus his crap brother disrespecting things like player memorials plus his "fiancee" - and it reflects badly on Reid to allow any of them on the sidelines. Other players see it and notice it and over time it starts to cause issues. Not saying it has happened or is guaranteed to happen but the signs are there of potential trouble. 

Again, the only difference between "super confident" and "cocky" is whether you like the person or not. You have chosen you don't like Mahomes. You have chosen you do like Burrow. Burrow is in his second year after getting destroyed his 1st year. We have no idea how he's going to be acting 4 years from now if he has 2 superbowl appearances under his belt. 

No one who's a fan of Mahomes sees him as a cocky douche. Anyone who calls him "MaCocky" instantly loses any credibility in regards to their opinion of him.
Reply/Quote
I didn’t see anything wrong with the presser.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, he had been 26-0 in his last 26 games after Halloween. Now 26-1.

That can't be a real stat can it?

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Breaking news: Competitive people aren't happy and can often be snarky after a loss. Seriously why are we pearl clutching over him being pissed after a big loss? Not like he insulted us.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 11:56 PM)TheFan Wrote: We'll see what happens when Burrow makes multiple superbowls. Everyone loved Mahomes until the last year or so. People like to hate QBs who are great, it's what happens. Unless they're on your team. I feel like some of the only great QBs liked by most fans for their careers (in the last 20 years) were Brees and Manning. 

I liked Marino, Peyton, Brees, Elway, Favre, (people gon' hate this one) Brady because he kept the Stools outta Super Bowls then beat their "six rings" nonsense, Moon, Cunningham, Wilson, Rivers, hell even Bernie.

What I DON'T like are scumbag people (Pig Pen), overrated guys, Joe Montana (lol), and douchey types. I like Mahommes, but he and his brother are coming off as douchey lately. Anymore, and I'm probably changing my stance on him. Admittedly, it's more his brother, but Pat has flashed a little of that behavior lately and a few times Sunday. He used to just go out there and play. Maybe it's those State Farm commercials. Rodgers became a douche after his first run in them..... Hmm 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, his in game mannerisms are more annoying now. It’s not even celebrating a big play, he like does little skits. At one point he threw a “no look” and then running down the field was pointing at his eyes and looking around shrugging, which was just weird because it wasn’t a TD or anything.

His ego has definitely inflated over the last year or two, not undeserved but still somewhat of a turnoff. I’m down for celebrations of emotion but weird look at me stuff mid drive isn’t it.

I feel this way too after watching the game. I haven’t watched any KC games since the SB but think he has become way worse with his ego, drama and mannerisms. Maybe him and Shreddy Betty aren’t getting along. Who knows?

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dammit, I wanted to post that meme of Omar comin with Ja’Marr photoshopped in but I can’t find it now…

Search "omar, farmer in the dell"  i think there's a gif.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 08:35 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Search "omar, farmer in the dell"  i think there's a gif.

No luck. That just brings up the real Omar pics.

Reply/Quote
Nothing here.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 01:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Seriously, can anyone give me a specific example of something "stomach turning" that Mahommes has done/said?

He doesn't like "regular" people getting the same rate on their insurance as him. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 05:53 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Breaking news: Competitive people aren't happy and can often be snarky after a loss.  Seriously why are we pearl clutching over him being pissed after a big loss?  Not like he insulted us.

Yeah, your point is succinct and I agree. Mahomes isn't ripping on Burrow or the Bengals. I think most competitors are going to have critical takes about refs or appear frustrated after a big loss. This is especially true at the professional level as I'd offer many of these guys are all wired to win, win, and win. Sure, once in awhile we see some bizarre behavior like Cam but I don't think we saw this with Mahomes' presser.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 10:48 AM)PhilHos Wrote: He doesn't like "regular" people getting the same rate on their insurance as him. Ninja

You are right! He was lame pulling those sneakers back from Jake. Screw Mahomes.  Ninja Ninja
Reply/Quote
Burrow: "Just put it in my hands." "You can't zero me!"
Bengals Fans: *Boners Intensify.*

Mahomes: "Didn't even look."
Some Bengals Fans: "What an ego-driven cocky piece of shit."

LOGIC!

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Burrow: "Just put it in my hands." "You can't zero me!"  
Bengals Fans: *Boners Intensify.*

Mahomes: "Didn't even look."
Some Bengals Fans: "What an ego-driven cocky piece of shit."

LOGIC!

and I'm fine with any fanbase wanting to support their QB and not being all about the opposition's QB, but at least own the bias!
Reply/Quote
I have no problem with Patrick Mahomes personally, but I did a little digging into the brother that I kept seeing mentioned, and…wow is that dude a real piece of work. Patrick should pull an Aaron Rodgers tbh.

Reply/Quote