Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Injury
(02-14-2022, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hey, I'm just playing devil's avocado here.  I'm just saying that I don't think Joe Burrow going out on the town following a crushing loss was something a lot of folks around here would have pictured happening.  Good for Burrow, he can do what he wants as long as he doesn't go down the "win or lose we still booze" path, I guess.

Forget I said anything, but don't insinuate that I want Dalton back.  I knew Burrow was going to win this SB, so let's not act like I'm some sort of naysayer just because I didn't tailor my message board persona around Burrow.  Dalon....pfft, if anything I'd want 1998 Neil O'Donnell back...dude beat the Steelers twice!

I didn't mean to sound so serious.  I'm mostly amused we are reduced to speculating if Burrow is dancing or grievously injured.  We can only talk about the o-line so much...it's been the same tune for years, after all.
Sorry, fat fingered who I replied too.  Someone said I was nitpicking Burrow when actually it looked to be positive to me.  But again I am just assuming that is truly the after party.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:52 PM)fisherscatfan Wrote: JFC I didn’t nitpick anything.  I took it as a positive that Burrow was out.  I don’t think Burrow would have been as active had he felt his knee was seriously hurt.

Well in that case, he wasn't dancing with much exuberance...so maybe his knee is hurt.  Ok, I kid, he's fine I'm sure.  But wasn't there a report that he was going to get it "checked out" when he got back to Cincy?  Did he get it checked at the stadium in LA after the game?  We can only speculate.  Fear not, only 7 months until football season. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:41 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya, we shouldn't worry about our franchise QB being hurt again at all.. 

You missed the point of what I said so bad im sure you are trolling me.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:53 PM)fisherscatfan Wrote: Sorry, fat fingered who I replied too.  Someone said I was nitpicking Burrow when actually it looked to be positive to me.  But again I am just assuming that is truly the after party.

No worries.  As I said, I'm making more of a point to delve into this because it's weird and we all know the issue is the o-line and there are 50 other threads about that and we've been going over it since the Dalton days.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:52 PM)fisherscatfan Wrote: JFC I didn’t nitpick anything.  I took it as a positive that Burrow was out.  I don’t think Burrow would have been as active had he felt his knee was seriously hurt.

Im sorry I didn't mean to quote what you said I meant to just reply to the thread with people saying negative stuff. My bad im gonna edit that post. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Who cares? Just because he went to the show after doesn't mean he's not upset they didn't win. Sometimes the best thing to do is move on with your life and look forward. Can't dwell on things too long. Glad the injury doesn't seem to severe.

Yeah I think the outfit was a bit ridiculous, but he's gotta be himself too. He played a good game. Fix the oline and he'll really show what he can do.
Reply/Quote
If his knee actually has damage to it requiring surgery I am going to have a ***** blood clot.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I heard he was in an iron lung but still had enough energy to dance the Charleston at the after party.

he has helsh prolems (Big Lebowski reference)

Branded was a source of inspiration for him.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
That pain look on his face on his knee on that sack is not just a sprain pain look, I can guarantee you that.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well in that case, he wasn't dancing with much exuberance...so maybe his knee is hurt.  Ok, I kid, he's fine I'm sure.  But wasn't there a report that he was going to get it "checked out" when he got back to Cincy?  Did he get it checked at the stadium in LA after the game?  We can only speculate.  Fear not, only 7 months until football season. 

The right knee has been an issue since the SF game, I believe. Then he tweaked it again in the 1st KC game, the Tenn game and again last night. What he's been able to do behind this Swiss cheese o-line, a re-constructed left knee and a banged up right knee...is kind of mind boggling to think about. And that's not even including the pinky injury in the Chargers game, that I'm sure lingered for awhile. It's been a rough couple of years for Joe physically.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The right knee has been an issue since the SF game, I believe. Then he tweaked it again in the 1st KC game, the Tenn game and again last night. What he's been able to do behind this Swiss cheese o-line, a re-constructed left knee and a banged up right knee...is kind of mind boggling to think about.

I guess he's going to get it checked out or maybe he already did...time will tell.  He sure looked hurt in the moment, and he doesn't strike me as a Pig Ben-style "Ohhhhh I'm so hurt....focus on this, camera man!" drama queen, either.

As I said at the time, he's probably gameday OK, but that doesn't mean he's actually OK.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:40 PM)fisherscatfan Wrote: My point was simply I think if it was severe he wouldn’t be doing this.  There are other videos of him on stage as well.  I just don’t think if Burrow felt there was damage he would be doing this.

Yeah. I guess I took this as a shot at his character. Not much dancing going on lol. More like stationary moving.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:16 PM)Tony Wrote: No... Maybe I'm just worrying to much.... I feel bad for Joe...

He didn’t miss a snap and wasn’t wearing a brace or using crutches afterwards. This suggests if he does have an MCL injury it is most likely grade I or II, mild to moderate. Usually not a big deal. I wouldn’t worry about it unless definitive info comes out confirming otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:58 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Im sorry I didn't mean to quote what you said I meant to just reply to the thread with people saying negative stuff. My bad im gonna edit that post. 

My bad.  I’ve been on the board a few years and not very active.  Living in Indianapolis I just get so sick of the constant bashing of the Bengals (dirty team, stupid, cheap and on and on) I get over here since the Colts came to town.  This board is where I go to see the pulse of fans and hopefully get a little insight I don’t get in Indy.

It just seems that some on here want to argue for no reason.  I apologize to you because my assumption regarding your post was incorrect.  Being a fan for 45+ years with the majority of that time being on an island regarding other fans around me, I am just glad to have a place to see what is going on with my Bengals!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess he's going to get it checked out or maybe he already did...time will tell.  He sure looked hurt in the moment, and he doesn't strike me as a Pig Ben-style "Ohhhhh I'm so hurt....focus on this, camera man!" drama queen, either.

As I said at the time, he's probably gameday OK, but that doesn't mean he's actually OK.

Yeah, hope it's nothing too serious. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:02 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: That pain look on his face on his knee on that sack is not just a sprain pain look, I can guarantee you that.

Uzomah’s reaction 2 weeks ago looked worse and he played last night. Anything going on with Burrow’s right knee appears to be much less significant than last year’s injury.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:08 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yeah. I guess I took this as a shot at his character. Not much dancing going on lol. More like stationary moving.

The way I look at it is people get too wrapped up in the idea that NFL players aren't living lives outside of the football field, but at the same time I realize if someone posted a video of Baker Mayfield on stage at a concert after a big loss we'd be slagging the hell out of him for "not caring."

Well, I guess with Baker it's more about how he needs to "stop focusing on making commercials" but you get my point.  I realize as fans we get too worked up about this stuff, but it's also a bit alluring to get caught up in the notion that our players are the most focused and best and confident in the right ways and other biased stuff.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He didn’t miss a snap and wasn’t wearing a brace or using crutches afterwards. This suggests if he does have an MCL injury it is most likely grade I or II, mild to moderate. Usually not a big deal. I wouldn’t worry about it unless definitive info comes out confirming otherwise.

Yep, logical take.  Then again, I could also see nothing short of a fully detached head stopping Burrow from being on that field in the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The way I look at it is people get too wrapped up in the idea that NFL players aren't living lives outside of the football field, but at the same time I realize if someone posted a video of Baker Mayfield on stage at a concert after a big loss we'd be slagging the hell out of him for "not caring."

Well, I guess with Baker it's more about how he needs to "stop focusing on making commercials" but you get my point.  I realize as fans we get too worked up about this stuff, but it's also a bit alluring to get caught up in the notion that our players are the most focused and best and confident in the right ways and other biased stuff.

I really used to let these thing effect my behavior.  I have learned that at the end of the day it really means nothing in my life.  Don’t get me wrong, I still do the ridiculous scream at the tv from time to time but have learned to not let it have a lingering impact on my mood.

My 24 year old daughter was crying after the loss and my 18 year old son was upset.  This is the 1st real success the Bengals had in their life. It doesn’t help her best friend since HS is a Patriots fan lol.

I gave them an hour or so and then said please don’t be like I was.  Learn to enjoy it for what it is, nothing more, nothing less.  Sure it sucks but don’t let it ruin your day/week or joy for watching your favorite team.  Hope they learn that much earlier than I did.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:02 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: That pain look on his face on his knee on that sack is not just a sprain pain look, I can guarantee you that.
I have a replaced elbow that has a plastic spacer that is disintegrating. When a piece breaks off and gets caught in the joint it is excruciatingly painful. It goes away when the piece frees itself. Pain levels do not always equate to serious. He was walking fairly normally within minutes of the injury. He could have some floating cartilage in there or even a minor MCL injury. I do not imagine in the scheme of football injuries, that this is something long term

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote