Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Injury
(02-14-2022, 01:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's no biggie, but man between the dressing up like a goof and partying after a loss...well, I wouldn't take that stuff to heart but I feel like we may have some misconceptions about our blue collar Ohio boy who lives to only win football games and study film.

Even if it's all true, I think he will win enough to avoid becoming "White Cam Newton."

Jesus Christ, this hurts to read
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: After the game, was he on crutches or wearing a knee brace of any kind?

I heard he was in an iron lung but still had enough energy to dance the Charleston at the after party.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: After the game, was he on crutches or wearing a knee brace of any kind?

No... Maybe I'm just worrying to much.... I feel bad for Joe...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I heard he was in an iron lung but still had enough energy to dance the Charleston at the after party.

I know I might be over the top a little with this but he's been decked about 100 times in 2 years and both legs injured... This isn't good anyway you look at it... He can't take another year of this...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's no biggie, but man between the dressing up like a goof and partying after a loss...well, I wouldn't take that stuff to heart but I feel like we may have some misconceptions about our blue collar Ohio boy who lives to only win football games and study film.

Even if it's all true, I think he will win enough to avoid becoming "White Cam Newton."

Do we even know for sure if he was seen dancing? Any links, videos? Etc. or are we just pissing in the wind here?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:18 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Do we even know for sure if he was seen dancing? Any links, videos? Etc. or are we just pissing in the wind here?

I don't know...I said that I don't want to believe it, so in my experience that means it's probably true.  I'm mostly enjoying the absurd narrative that Burrow is either A-OK, or tore his MCL, and he might have been seen at a party dancing with the Tooth Fairy.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:18 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Do we even know for sure if he was seen dancing? Any links, videos? Etc. or are we just pissing in the wind here?

Why would he be dancing after a crushing SB loss and on an injured leg that hasn't even been MRI yet?.... Think about it...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:22 PM)Tony Wrote: Why would he be dancing after a crushing SB loss and on an injured leg that hasn't even been MRI yet?.... Think about it...

Well, I googled it and this thing says he was dancing with Kid Cudi...but the video shows someone who may or may not be Burrow doing a lot of "not dancing" so who the hell knows.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/joe-burrow-dancing-stage-kid-cudi/

According to that page, there is a video of Burrow walking out after the loss wearing his wacky outfit from the way in. Ida know...this all seems odd, but I don't really know what NFL players do outside of the game, anyways. I personally wouldn't put the garish outfit back on to leave after a loss, but who the hell knows.
Reply/Quote
I think I've lost track of all the rumors - maybe he lost his right leg from the knee down but was dancing upside down using his hands at a party wearing yellow spandex and a viking helmet?
Reply/Quote

This is the supposed after party with Burrow.

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1493266517659725829?s=21

Don’t know if accurate but if it is it seems like his knee is ok.
Reply/Quote
Some of you fall back so effortlessly into the negative fan bullcrap it makes me sick. Grow up bunch of drama queens.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:31 PM)fisherscatfan Wrote: This is the supposed after party with Burrow.

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1493266517659725829?s=21

Don’t know if accurate but if it is it seems like his knee is ok.

If his knee can handle ultra awkward "white guy dancing" it can handle NFL action.
Reply/Quote
We went from 4 wins to an AFC Championship are the players supposed to go home and cry?  I don't mind this one bit lets not turn into Browns fans here nit picking every little thing.  

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:33 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Some of you fall back so effortlessly into the negative fan bullcrap it makes me sick.  Grow up bunch of drama queens.

Do you need me to post a video of me dancing with my hands in my pockets to show I'm over it?

(02-14-2022, 02:35 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: We went from 4 wins to an AFC Championship are the players supposed to go home and cry?  I don't mind this one bit lets not turn into Browns fans here nit picking every little thing.  

I agree, I just think if you told people around these parts that Burrow would be out and about "partying" after a loss they would have called you a liar.  Anyways, it doesn't matter.  He's a winner, he's rich, he's young, and he can do whatever he wants when he's off the clock.  This notion that he's going to spend his entire life studying film and seething in rage over every loss is pure fantasy on our part.

He does look like a bit of a dorkus mallorkus though...so I should find that relatable. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Do you need me to post a video of me dancing with my hands in my pockets to show I'm over it?

Maybe they did dance and celebrate.. Burrow said they were gonna and he referenced how Kurt Warner said the rams didn't after their SB bowl loss and regretted not celebrating what they accomplished during the season...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Do you need me to post a video of me dancing with my hands in my pockets to show I'm over it?

maybe just step away from the keyboard before typing "I wouldn't take that stuff to heart but I feel like we may have some misconceptions about our blue collar Ohio boy who lives to only win football games and study film." 

Do you want the Dalton 8 wins and a playoff exit era back that bad?

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If his knee can handle ultra awkward "white guy dancing" it can handle NFL action.

My point was simply I think if it was severe he wouldn’t be doing this.  There are other videos of him on stage as well.  I just don’t think if Burrow felt there was damage he would be doing this.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:40 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: maybe just step away from the keyboard before typing "I wouldn't take that stuff to heart but I feel like we may have some misconceptions about our blue collar Ohio boy who lives to only win football games and study film." 

Ya, we shouldn't worry about our franchise QB being hurt again at all.. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:40 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: maybe just step away from the keyboard before typing "I wouldn't take that stuff to heart but I feel like we may have some misconceptions about our blue collar Ohio boy who lives to only win football games and study film." 

Hey, I'm just playing devil's avocado here.  I'm just saying that I don't think Joe Burrow going out on the town following a crushing loss was something a lot of folks around here would have pictured happening.  Good for Burrow, he can do what he wants as long as he doesn't go down the "win or lose we still booze" path, I guess.

Forget I said anything, but don't insinuate that I want Dalton back.  I knew Burrow was going to win this SB, so let's not act like I'm some sort of naysayer just because I didn't tailor my message board persona around Burrow.  Dalon....pfft, if anything I'd want 1998 Neil O'Donnell back...dude beat the Steelers twice!

(02-14-2022, 02:42 PM)fisherscatfan Wrote: JFC, I didn’t nitpick anything.  To me it seemed like a positive that Burrow felt his knee was fine to go out.  Sorry for answering a question someone asked.

I didn't mean to sound so serious.  I'm mostly amused we are reduced to speculating if Burrow is dancing or grievously injured.  We can only talk about the o-line so much...it's been the same tune for years, after all.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:35 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: We went from 4 wins to an AFC Championship are the players supposed to go home and cry?  I don't mind this one bit lets not turn into Browns fans here nit picking every little thing.  

JFC I didn’t nitpick anything.  I took it as a positive that Burrow was out.  I don’t think Burrow would have been as active had he felt his knee was seriously hurt.
Reply/Quote