Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Injury
(02-14-2022, 01:56 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Anyone picking on burrow is just completely off base.

Has anyone been sacked as much in the playoffs? In Super Bowl?

Andrew Luck is the lesson from history bengal management better take to heart.

Joe Burrow was sacked 51 times in sixteen games in the regular season and Brandon Allen was sacked four times in Week Seventeen. That makes 55 sacks given up by the Cincinnati offensive line during the regular season.

In the postseason Joe Burrow was sacked 19 times including 9 against the Titans and 7 against the Rams in the Super Bowl.

Last time I checked 55 + 19 = 74. Over 21 games this averages to 3 1/2 sacks per game which is abysmal by any standard.

I’m beginning to see Carson Palmer’s point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This can't continue to happen. I know we all were on the edges of our seats last night when he went down grasping his knee.

Fix this damn line.

Sick of talking about it.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:57 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Joe Burrow was sacked 51 times in sixteen games in the regular season and Brandon Allen was sacked four times in Week Seventeen.  That makes 55 sacks given up by the Cincinnati offensive line during the regular season.

In the postseason Joe Burrow was sacked 19 times including 9 against the Titans and 7 against the Rams in the Super Bowl.

Last time I checked 55 + 19 = 74.  Over 21 games this averages to 3 1/2 sacks per game which is abysmal by any standard.

I’m beginning to see Carson Palmer’s point.

Well if the front office goes on the cheap and icky Mouse's another offensive line this upcoming season, Andrew Luck will save a seat for Burrow.

No matter how tough Joe is the body can only take so much....

How much would we lose it if that happened due to stupidity??
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:53 AM)Tony Wrote: I have a feeling it's torn... 

By the looks of how his leg was in the ground I thought so as well.  But he was able to move laterally once he went back in.  If it was torn I don't know how that would have even been possible.  I mean there would be nothing stability wise to allow that.

But with adrenaline who knows.  That would be downright devastating.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 07:25 AM)Nepa Wrote: I can attest that the close losses stay forever. 

My way of coping is to reduce my investment, so the pain in the future is not so bad. At this point, losing during the season and looking forward to draft picks is a not more enjoyable than yet a third loss in the Super Bowl. 

Sleepless night and supposed to work today. Hope I don't lash out at my bass when he says "great game."

I took Monday off on purpose, I knew win or lose it's not going to be good. I got 3 hours in and feel like crap. Imagine fans having dreams/nightmares of winning (up 20-16). That is stuck in my head, I can only imagine how the team feels. It's crazy they can give interviews right after those games and say the politically correct things like "we can build on this"/etc. lol
Reply/Quote
I don't even really care about the loss at this point. I'm worried about Joe.. How Bengals like is it, to finally get an Elite QB just for them to destroy both his knees in 2 seasons... The Oline should be apologizing to him repeatedly...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:41 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's crazy they can give interviews right after those games and say the politically correct things like "we can build on this"/etc. lol

Even though these guys are ultra winners in our eyes, dealing with adversity comes with the territory.  It's noteworthy that people still remember Ryan Leaf going ape on a reporter 25 years ago when it comes to knowing red flags.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:53 AM)Tony Wrote: I have a feeling it's torn... 

You have a feeling what is torn?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:21 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You have a feeling what is torn?

His knee the video and pictures aren't good.. It was a devastating hit.. A low high 2 player hit and his leg got trapped underneath...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:23 PM)Tony Wrote: His knee the video and pictures aren't good.. It was a devastating hit.. A low high 2 player hit and his leg got trapped underneath...

He reportedly was dancing at the after party. Hysterics are not a good look.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:23 PM)Tony Wrote: His knee the video and pictures aren't good.. It was a devastating hit.. A low high 2 player hit and his leg got trapped underneath...

There is a lot to tear in a knee. The prognosis varies widely on what in the knee is torn. So what do you think was torn that would allow him to return without missing a snap?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He reportedly was dancing at the after party. Hysterics are not a good look.

I want to refuse to believe that Joe Burrow was dancing after losing the SB regardless of how his knee felt.  Joe Burrow...dancing at a party after losing the SB?  Say it ain't so.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I want to refuse to believe that Joe Burrow was dancing after losing the SB regardless of how his knee felt.  Joe Burrow...dancing at a party after losing the SB?  Say it ain't so.

Ya , I'm sure they were dancing after a devastating loss and a knee injury.... 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I want to refuse to believe that Joe Burrow was dancing after losing the SB regardless of how his knee felt.  Joe Burrow...dancing at a party after losing the SB?  Say it ain't so.

"Yes, kid, I'm afraid it is," Burrow replied.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: There is a lot to tear in a knee.  The prognosis varies widely on what in the knee is torn. So what do you think was torn that would allow him to return without missing a snap?

I'm hearing mcl
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:42 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: "Yes, kid, I'm afraid it is," Burrow replied.

Ehh, I'm just an old schlub who expects Burrow to follow a SB loss by breaking stuff, drinking a PBR, and then putting in a full night-shift at the Chrysler plant like a QB of olde.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, I'm just an old schlub who expects Burrow to follow a SB loss by breaking stuff, drinking a PBR, and then putting in a full night-shift at the Chrysler plant like a QB of olde.

I have no idea if he went dancing. I was just having some fun with the quote. I'm with you. I don't want Burrow out and about dancing after defeat. If he was, eh, no biggie.
Reply/Quote
He did say they were going to celebrate this season after watching Kurt Warner's history, where warner said after their first loss he wish they didn't let it sting as much as it did, and celebrated it more.

I have to believe kurt warner, drew brees and burrow are all friends, they want him to win.

That season was nuts, it was very exciting, it seemed like we were destined to win. What is destiny other than things that shouldn't happen, keep happening. The Joe B/WR/Evan combo is something that should keep us "in the running". We just need a better line (probably) but I'd like a slightly better kick return game too, it's demoralizing to only have to get 25 yards and already be in "field goal range".
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:46 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I have no idea if he went dancing. I was just having some fun with the quote. I'm with you. I don't want Burrow out and about dancing after defeat. If he was, eh, no biggie.

It's no biggie, but man between the dressing up like a goof and partying after a loss...well, I wouldn't take that stuff to heart but I feel like we may have some misconceptions about our blue collar Ohio boy who lives to only win football games and study film.

Even if it's all true, I think he will win enough to avoid becoming "White Cam Newton."
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:42 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm hearing mcl

After the game, was he on crutches or wearing a knee brace of any kind?
Reply/Quote