Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Is Training With Chase and Jefferson!
Burrow really is the face of the franchise now and is doing big things to help us out!

He took that trip to the UFC Fight with Bates and Awuzie, and now he's training in Califonria with Ja'Marr Chase and Justin Jefferson!

Quote:Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow made it clear he has a few trips planned this summer during his team’s six-week break before training camp.

Attending UFC 276 with Jessie Bates and Chidobe Awuize was one of those.

Another, apparently, is a California training session with Ja’Marr Chase and Minnesota Vikings star Justin Jefferson.

Peter Schrager of NFL Network let that slip during an appearance on “The Bill Simmons Podcast” recently: “Burrow right now is in I wanna say Newport Beach [California] by you training Justin Jefferson’s there, Ja’Marr Chase was there.”

Rest assured it’s serious training, too. Burrow told reporters before the break that he anticipated, perhaps somewhat jokingly, taking his trainers with him wherever he went so he didn’t miss a workout.

Working with two former LSU stars and two of the best in football sounds like something Burrow would do during a so-called break.

I LOVE that Burrow is ALWAYS working on improving his game and building chemistry with Ja'Marr! Working with Jefferson also can't hurt because he's perfecting his throws and Jefferson has a lot of abilities to challenge Burrow!

It's amazing that he's traveling and having fun but also working on his game and building relationships with players! Burrow's constantly trying to improve and the sky's the limit for how good he can be!
Reply/Quote
This is cool Brad. Burrow is really working hard trying to perfect his game. Gonna be a monster year for him I just know it. Wink
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 01:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is cool Brad. Burrow is really working hard trying to perfect his game. Gonna be a monster year for him I just know it. Wink

Especially now that we have an offensive line to protect him!

I'm feeling more and more confident about laying down a grand on him to win MVP!
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 01:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Especially now that we have an offensive line to protect him!

I'm feeling more and more confident about laying down a grand on him to win MVP!

He would be my vote right now. Finally getting a decent OL in front of him with THESE weapons?
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He would be my vote right now. Finally getting a decent OL in front of him with THESE weapons?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47r3vszspe3upfgf3jvp...y.gif&ct=g]

He'd get my vote with only Chase and a bunch of scrubs, but throw in Mixon, Boyd, and Higgins and the sky's the limit! 
Reply/Quote
Jefferson to the Bengals 2025 book it
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 02:30 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Jefferson to the Bengals 2025 book it

Since we'll probably lose Higgins after this year or Boyd after 2023, I could definitely see it.

If we lose Higgins after this year (I hope not), I could see us trading for Jefferson.

If the salary cap goes up, we could keep Higgins and Boyd, but having Jefferson would make us so unreal.

Burrow, Chase, and Jefferson would be the best trio in NFL history.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 02:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Since we'll probably lose Higgins after this year or Boyd after 2023, I could definitely see it.

If we lose Higgins after this year (I hope not), I could see us trading for Jefferson.

If the salary cap goes up, we could keep Higgins and Boyd, but having Jefferson would make us so unreal.

idk that will likely be a lot of salary invested into WR to have those 2 on 2nd contracts.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 02:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Since we'll probably lose Higgins after this year or Boyd after 2023, I could definitely see it.

Barring a trade, we still have at least 2 more years of Tee Higgins before the ‘re-sign or let him walk’ decision needs to be made.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 03:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: idk that will likely be a lot of salary invested into WR to have those 2 on 2nd contracts.
Higgins might demand a big contract, so I would rather just spend the money on Jefferson if we could get him because of the connection with Burrow and Chase, especially if the salary cap goes up a good amount.
(07-13-2022, 08:59 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Barring a trade, we still have at least 2 more years of Tee Higgins before the ‘re-sign or let him walk’ decision needs to be made.

I figured we'd try to re-sign him or trade him after this year or else we'd risk him having a big year and price himself out, which would cause him to sign somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 11:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I figured we'd try to re-sign him or trade him after this year or else we'd risk him having a big year and price himself out, which would cause him to sign somewhere else.

Yeah, I agree. They’ll be trying to negotiate a long term deal as soon as the Super Bowl ends. I think he ends up signing something, but I could just as easily see the team not sign him knowing the pending deals with Chase and Burrow are right there as well.

I’d like to see him here long term though…even over Jefferson. I don’t think the drop off is huge, and I have attachment issues.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 03:02 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Yeah, I agree. They’ll be trying to negotiate a long term deal as soon as the Super Bowl ends. I think he ends up signing something, but I could just as easily see the team not sign him knowing the pending deals with Chase and Burrow are right there as well.

I’d like to see him here long term though…even over Jefferson. I don’t think the drop off is huge, and I have attachment issues.

Feel the same way, want Tee to stay badly. Him being a Bengals fan before he came here is a topper for me.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 02:30 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Jefferson to the Bengals 2025 book it

About a 5% chance Minnesota doesn’t resign their best player on the team. A top 5 WR. That’s like Minnesota saying they want to sign Chase to pair with Jefferson. Not happening because bengals aren’t letting Chase walk.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 12:43 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: About a 5% chance Minnesota doesn’t resign their best player on the team. A top 5 WR. That’s like Minnesota saying they want to sign Chase to pair with Jefferson. Not happening because bengals aren’t letting Chase walk.

Such a valid point… I’ll make sure I include sarcasm emojis on my post next time so you don’t read to much into them..
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 03:02 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Yeah, I agree. They’ll be trying to negotiate a long term deal as soon as the Super Bowl ends. I think he ends up signing something, but I could just as easily see the team not sign him knowing the pending deals with Chase and Burrow are right there as well.

I agree, especially since Tee will be firmly entrenched with the team and have built up his own chemistry with Burrow, which Burrow and Jefferson only played two seasons together and Tee and Burrow will have played three by the time we'd be making that decision.

Even if the salary cap goes up, would Jefferson command too much money? Would Jefferson and Chase want to be on the same team knowing that the other will steal targets? Chase isn't a diva but all receivers want the ball.

I'm like you and I want Higgins, if nothing else than for than keeping our core together.
(07-14-2022, 05:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel the same way, want Tee to stay badly. Him being a Bengals fan before he came here is a topper for me.

Agree. It brings an extra feel of pride to Tee and to the Bengals.

I'm hoping that Tee also sees that the grass might not be greener on the other side, even if a team does offer him slightly more money, because having a QB like Burrow will extend his career and keep him producing at a high level.

Winning the Super Bowl (or even another deep run) does scare me because everyone thinks it's because of them, so he might chase money somewhere else.

I hope not!
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 11:05 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree, especially since Tee will be firmly entrenched with the team and have built up his own chemistry with Burrow, which Burrow and Jefferson only played two seasons together and Tee and Burrow will have played three by the time we'd be making that decision.

Even if the salary cap goes up, would Jefferson command too much money? Would Jefferson and Chase want to be on the same team knowing that the other will steal targets? Chase isn't a diva but all receivers want the ball.

I'm like you and I want Higgins, if nothing else than for than keeping our core together.

Agree. It brings an extra feel of pride to Tee and to the Bengals.

I'm hoping that Tee also sees that the grass might not be greener on the other side, even if a team does offer him slightly more money, because having a QB like Burrow will extend his career and keep him producing at a high level.

Winning the Super Bowl (or even another deep run) does scare me because everyone thinks it's because of them, so he might chase money somewhere else.

I hope not!

While most players chase money and a chance at a Super Bowl, I would suspect that elite players like Higgins and Chase realize they are going to get paid no matter where they play, and Super Bowls are nice, but they are looking at the Hall. And to get to the Hall, you have to have a good QB throwing to you. 
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 01:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: While most players chase money and a chance at a Super Bowl, I would suspect that elite players like Higgins and Chase realize they are going to get paid no matter where they play, and Super Bowls are nice, but they are looking at the Hall. And to get to the Hall, you have to have a good QB throwing to you. 

yep. All depends on personal priorities.

tend to see the younger Guys (1st free agency)  go after the $$$$   but guys that are closing in on the End go after the Rings.  but exceptions to every rule.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 01:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: While most players chase money and a chance at a Super Bowl, I would suspect that elite players like Higgins and Chase realize they are going to get paid no matter where they play, and Super Bowls are nice, but they are looking at the Hall. And to get to the Hall, you have to have a good QB throwing to you. 

You'd think that but I've seen guys leave good teams for more money when it wasn't even a lot more money only to realize that they overvalued themselves.

NFL stands for Not For Long, so players know they have to cash in while they can.

On paper, Tee will have made 6 million on paper after this season (I think), but you also have to think about 37%(?) in taxes, plus agent fees and whatever else, so you never know.

Hopefully, you're right and we treat him right and he realizes that he's better he with the security and Burrow.

Chase knows he'll make big money here.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 03:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You'd think that but I've seen guys leave good teams for more money when it wasn't even a lot more money only to realize that they overvalued themselves.

NFL stands for Not For Long, so players know they have to cash in while they can.

On paper, Tee will have made 6 million on paper after this season (I think), but you also have to think about 37%(?) in taxes, plus agent fees and whatever else, so you never know.

Hopefully, you're right and we treat him right and he realizes that he's better he with the security and Burrow.

Chase knows he'll make big money here.

Most players chase the cash and SB because very few make the Hall. When you are on a different level than 90% of the league, the HOF should be the goal.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 01:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: tend to see the younger Guys (1st free agency)  go after the $$$$   but guys that are closing in on the End go after the Rings.  but exceptions to every rule.

This.

And it makes sense that it works that way.
Reply/Quote