Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow May Not Be Cleared For Preseason
(08-11-2022, 08:54 PM)maclanta Wrote: One could argue that Brandon Allen getting reps helps this team for the long run more than Burrow getting reps right now.

I hope Burrow is back soon, but this only makes our questionable backup better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not questionable... He's a scrub. At this point in his career there's no changing that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2022, 09:44 PM)pally Wrote: He actually came to camp lighter than he has been.  He told Chris Simms he was down to around 210 about 10lbs lighter than he was last season.  He felt he was able to move around better at the lighter weight

We wouldn't be Bengals fans if we didn't assume the worst

That’s the old way. This team is something different.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Totally unrelated but while browsing randomly i came across a list. 

On that list it says that a first baseman for the Cincinnati Reds named Jake Daubert, died of complications from an appendectomy in 1924. 

The things you come across on the nutz...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
this is just depressing to read....I hope he recovers in time to come back and play like we know he can but damn what bad luck!
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2022, 09:46 PM)jason Wrote: He's not questionable... He's a scrub. At this point in his career there's no changing that.

What your not interpreting is that he's the Bengals scrub and he's one play away from being a starting QB on a team that played in the SB a year ago. Every single rep he gets with the 1st team is huuuuge for him and the Bengals. Nobody claimed he's JB or close BUT there's not a person going into this season that felt they had a chance of winning even a game if JB went down and especially with the way Allen looked against the Browns last season in his start.

Fast forward to now and, as mentioned, every rep he gets establishes a bit more cohesiveness and timing with his OL and receivers. If JB misses a a couple games this season due to illness, a bad toe, a sore shoulder, tweaked ankle, etc. these reps he's now getting may be the difference in a couple wins versus losses.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2022, 11:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Totally unrelated but while browsing randomly i came across a list. 

On that list it says that a first baseman for the Cincinnati Reds named Jake Daubert, died of complications from an appendectomy in 1924. 

I didn't even realize you were gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2022, 09:44 PM)pally Wrote: He actually came to camp lighter than he has been.  He told Chris Simms he was down to around 210 about 10lbs lighter than he was last season.  He felt he was able to move around better at the lighter weight

We wouldn't be Bengals fans if we didn't assume the worst

Then his weight is likely a concern given he's likely in the 190's by now.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I said this was likely when I heard about the surgery. People laughed it off as a minor procedure and relatively speaking, it is. That said, it's still a surgery, and one where your gut is cut open and they have to also cut through muscle to get to the appendix.

That takes time to heal. I was told to take it easy for a month. Obviously I'm not a pro athlete with the best medical care, but I imagine it's not far off for anyone.

With millions of dollars on the line, he'd probably be playing through any pain or discomfort if this were regular season, but in preseason? May as well be precautious with the franchise.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2022, 11:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Totally unrelated but while browsing randomly i came across a list. 

I used to work with an old Vietnam vet roughly a decade ago, and he had the most brutal appendix scar I've ever seen. The Army surgeon didn't know what they were doing. Plus this was back in the late 60's or early 70's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

The Reds Eric Davis lacerated his kidney in the World Series against Oakland.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 03:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Reds Eric Davis lacerated his kidney in the World Series against Oakland.

Stop it. 

We're talking about appendix and death.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 06:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Stop it. 

We're talking about appendix and death.

I just hope Burrow doesn't get injured tonight aganist the Cardnials. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
a positive sign...maybe he'll be on the rehab field on Sunday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I don't think 1 player has ever meant so much to the Bengals...
Reply/Quote
UC Medical Center has excellent surgeons and facilities so I have no doubt Burrow will be fine. Of course I don’t know if that’s where he had it done, but they set the bar quite high for other surgeons in Cincinnati.

This doesn’t worry me at all.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 09:46 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: UC Medical Center has excellent surgeons and facilities so I have no doubt Burrow will be fine. Of course I don’t know if that’s where he had it done, but they set the bar quite high for other surgeons in Cincinnati.

This doesn’t worry me at all.

so if your not sure where he had it done how can you assume it is UC medical center and on a side note they where suppar for relative of mine...
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 11:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: so if your not sure where he had it done how can you assume it is UC medical center and on a side note they where suppar for relative of mine...

Your relative had someone at UC Medical Center for supper?  
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 11:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: so if your not sure where he had it done how can you assume it is UC medical center and on a side note they where suppar for relative of mine...

As I said, they raise the bar. The Bengals can afford the best. UC has excellent docs. So whoever the bengals use will have to be at least at UC caliber.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 01:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Then his weight is likely a concern given he's likely in the 190's by now.

Please tell me on what planet you live, to lose 20 pounds in 10 days

I want in.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 11:47 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Please tell me on what planet you live, to lose 20 pounds in 10 days

I want in.

In his defense he did say 190s....so it could be 11lbs.  Cool
Reply/Quote