Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year?
(10-03-2020, 03:35 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Well consider this, 3 weeks into the season and he has been passed over 3 times already even with the "records he is setting."

Playing for a losing team, hurts.

What's Jacksonville's record again?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 03:58 PM)jason Wrote: What's Jacksonville's record again?

No idea, why does that matter?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 04:09 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: No idea, why does that matter?

Because their RB won OROM despite being a 1 win team.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 03:57 PM)jason Wrote: Baker Mayfield and the Browns had a better record than the Giants the year Barkley won it. Andy Dalton had a better record as a rookie than Cam and went to the playoffs... Stats matter.

Also... Peyton Manning was on the radar in college for longer than Burrow was, but he wasn't more hyped. There was even legitimate doubt that he'd be taken over Ryan Leaf by the time the draft rolled around. Everybody and their Mama knew Burrow was going number 1... From like November on.

Right after the Tua injury....

Cause prior to that injury there was just as much debate about which one would be number 1...

Why does everyone want to rewrite history about this situation. He's here, and he is here for the next 5 seasons, and if the Bengals don't make drastic changes, it will not natter....

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 04:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because their RB won OROM despite being a 1 win team.

Which is 1 more then Cincy...

I also didn't say he'd be up for ORoY, I'm betting on the RB from KC Clyde Edwards-Helaire. Great numbers, part of a great team, and going to get a lot of exposure.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 03:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The award is not for “changing a franchise” or whatever it’s for being the best rookie. If he keeps putting up the type of of numbers he has the last couple weeks he’s absolutely going to be one of the front runners.

And you think it is purely stats based?

If you are talking fantasy football, sure...stats are all that matters but if you really watched football outside of the tiny fishbowl of Cincinnati, you would know that it isn't about stats alone, nothing is anymore.

Wins matter, Championships matter, stats matter, how a player improves players around him matters, all this stuff matters in the eyes of the ***** voters.

I get it, you have been Burrow's personal fluffer since last November, and as I said, the kid is good but one good player isn't going to fix this team and one good player on a 1 win team isn't going to get the credit he deserves nationally versus players on 12 win teams or even 5 or 6 win teams.

It isn't a bias, it is an absolute reality that you have to see from the past 20 years of how the NFL operates. 

Will he be a finalist if he continues his numbers, sure... will he win it if this team can't win... no, and you have to be blind to not see that.

This isn't anti Burrow, this is anti Bengals futility and just a rational look at the NFL as a whole.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 04:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And you think it is purely stats based?

If you are talking fantasy football, sure...stats are all that matters but if you really watched football outside of the tiny fishbowl of Cincinnati, you would know that it isn't about stats alone, nothing is anymore.

Wins matter, Championships matter, stats matter, how a player improves players around him matters, all this stuff matters in the eyes of the ***** voters.

I get it, you have been Burrow's personal fluffer since last November, and as I said, the kid is good but one good player isn't going to fix this team and one good player on a 1 win team isn't going to get the credit he deserves nationally versus players on 12 win teams or even 5 or 6 win teams.

It isn't a bias, it is an absolute reality that you have to see from the past 20 years of how the NFL operates. 

Will he be a finalist if he continues his numbers, sure... will he win it if this team can't win... no, and you have to be blind to not see that.

This isn't anti Burrow, this is anti Bengals futility and just a rational look at the NFL as a whole.

Thankfully we have the hype police like yourself to rein us in. Invaluable service you’re providing.

Anyway, you continue to move the goalposts and want to argue about “changing franchises” and “fixing the team” when all that’s being discussed in this thread is his chances at OROY. Which I maintain are good.

Reply/Quote
I mean seriously, why the hell are we talking about championships in a OROY thread? Very bizarre.

Reply/Quote
He wont win it because he plays for cincy. Simple as.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 03:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Win/loss record always matters with the NFL, if not Riley, and Anderson among others would get legit HoF consideration.

But in the ORoY award discussion, Peyton Manning set all kinds of records for rookie passers as a rookie in 1998 and didn't win the award, only won...3 games.

Wins matter in the eyes of the NFL voters. I don't care what records he sets, if this team wins 2 games, he won't get the award.
Manning didn't win because moss was better, period.

Stop with this nonsense.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 05:29 PM)motoarch Wrote: Manning didn't win because moss was better, period.

Stop with this nonsense.

Thanks... I was gonna look up who won that year. It didn't immediately register that Randy Moss was in that same class... A generational talent at WR.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 04:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Right after the Tua injury....

Cause prior to that injury there was just as much debate about which one would be number 1...

Why does everyone want to rewrite history about this situation. He's here, and he is here for the next 5 seasons, and if the Bengals don't make drastic changes, it will not natter....

How did I rewrite history? If anybody did it's you. Chase Young was the consensus number prospect til Burrow destroyed the SEC and Clemson. A lot of people weren't sure Tua would translate to the NFL. I know one thing... Burrow has an infinitely better chance of winning ROY than Tua does.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 04:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Thankfully we have the hype police like yourself to rein us in. Invaluable service you’re providing.

Anyway, you continue to move the goalposts and want to argue about “changing franchises” and “fixing the team” when all that’s being discussed in this thread is his chances at OROY. Which I maintain are good.

I mean seriously... The guy was hyped like very few have ever been. All he's done is show up with no off or preseason and chuck it 140 some odd times with no line and no running game.140 attempts, 5 TDs and 1 boneheaded interception in his first start. I don't see what's not to like... He's surrounding offensive teammates are another story.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 03:10 PM)Synric Wrote: Win lose record doesnt matter in the Rookie of the Year awards its individual play and if Burrow keeps setting records he will win. 

This week its 16 receptions and 40 targets to set the most by a rookie through 4 games.

If a QB comes in and sets rookie records, he wins. EoS

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 04:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And you think it is purely stats based?

I get it, you have been Burrow's personal fluffer since last November, and as I said, the kid is good but one good player isn't going to fix this team and one good player on a 1 win team isn't going to get the credit he deserves nationally versus players on 12 win teams or even 5 or 6 win teams.

So rookie of the year is only given out to players who can "totally fix their team" all by themselves ? got it  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 08:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: So rookie of the year is only given out to players who can "totally fix their team" all by themselves ? got it  :andy:

I mean Barkley clearly fixed the Giants...lol

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 08:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean Barkley clearly fixed the Giants...lol

The top rookies nearly always go to crappy teams. The number of wins a team has, has nothing at all to do with it.
Reply/Quote
Way too early for predictions for example if Herbert has another solid game and throws for 300 in his first three starts and Burrow has a down game.. Herbert would be right up there with Burrow for early rookie of year
Reply/Quote
Herbert to me has the edge.. he has played 3 games and went 5 tds 2 ints and averaged over 300 yds. passing
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 07:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well maybe he needs to stop playing conservative now.. take and make some bigger plays down the field.. in some ways he looks like a young Dalton with a better ability to run

No...just no.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote