Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year?
(10-11-2020, 06:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: All eyes on Herbert tomorrow.

Why, do they give out OROY week 5 now?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why, do they give out OROY week 5 now?

They don't but it's something to monitor when you have a qb in the running

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
A solid game by Herbert in prime time with possibility of tying couple rookie records would probably put him in the lead after 5 games after rough game for Burrow and Robinson did little
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: They don't but it's something to monitor when you have a qb in the running

I guess. I’m not looking forward to a handful of overreacters starting threads about how we took the wrong QB after 5 games though if he plays well.

We won’t know who’s better for YEARS. Hell, Tua hasn’t even played a down yet.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess. I’m not looking forward to a handful of overreacters starting threads about how we took the wrong QB after 5 games though if he plays well.

We won’t know who’s better for YEARS. Hell, Tua hasn’t even played a down yet.

How is talking about taking wrong guy any different than talking about we took the right guy after 5 games? But really the thread is comparing Roy candidates not bashing Burrow pick 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:02 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: How is talking about taking wrong guy any different than talking about we took the right guy after 5 games? But really the thread is comparing Roy candidates not bashing Burrow pick 

Because he’s already shown he has franchise QB potential. Anything the other guys do doesn’t change that. Burrow was the consensus #1 pick. And they would have been crucified for taking Herbert, Tua, or even Young there. It was one of the easiest picks in draft history.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because he’s already shown he has franchise QB potential. Anything the other guys do doesn’t change that. Burrow was the consensus #1 pick. And they would have been crucified for taking Herbert, Tua, or even Young there. It was one of the easiest picks in draft history.

not really making sense of my point... 5 games means little either way on the future.. Herbert has also shown  franchise QB potential .. no way we can judge how either is going to turn out after 5 games.. that was my point.. the thread is about ROY comparing the two this year does not mean it was a mistake to draft Burrow but we won't know for a few years if he is next Manning or possible Fitzmagic.. 
Reply/Quote
Burrow still has the best odds for OROY.
https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/nfl/offensive-rookie-year-odds/
https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/rookie-of-the-year/
Reply/Quote
Taylor being head coach makes burrow a underdog IMO.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 04:08 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: not really making sense of my point... 5 games means little either way on the future.. Herbert has also shown  franchise QB potential .. no way we can judge how either is going to turn out after 5 games.. that was my point.. the thread is about ROY comparing the two this year does not mean it was a mistake to draft Burrow but we won't know for a few years if he is next Manning or possible Fitzmagic.. 

Colts moved on from Mora after 1 year with Manning. Hope we do the same with Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 04:08 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: not really making sense of my point... 5 games means little either way on the future.. Herbert has also shown  franchise QB potential .. no way we can judge how either is going to turn out after 5 games.. that was my point.. the thread is about ROY comparing the two this year does not mean it was a mistake to draft Burrow but we won't know for a few years if he is next Manning or possible Fitzmagic.. 

If you think he’s possibly going to be Ryan Fitzpatrick after everything you’ve seen over the last month+ I honestly don’t even know what to say to that.

Personally I think he’ll probably fall somewhere in the massive gamut between a top 2-3 QB all time and a journeyman spot starter drafted in the 7th round out of the Ivy League....

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 09:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If you think he’s possibly going to be Ryan Fitzpatrick after everything you’ve seen over the last month+ I honestly don’t even know what to say to that.

Personally I think he’ll probably fall somewhere in the massive gamut between a top 2-3 QB all time and a journeyman spot starter drafted in the 7th round out of the Ivy League....

Fitzgerald has been incredible for shorts periods that is my point, just too early to judge Burrow , 
Reply/Quote
Looks like Herbet is ahead of Burrow as we speak
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Fitzgerald has been incredible for shorts periods that is my point, just too early to judge Burrow , 

Who’s Fitzgerald? Lol

But if you’re talking about Ryan Fitzpatrick I’m gonna go ahead and call it now. Burrow will have a better career than him.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:22 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Looks like Herbet is ahead of Burrow as we speak

hhahahaahahhah

hahahahahahahahahahahaa

YOu 'fans' care more about Dalton than you do about the Bengals/Burrow

What a bunch of losers 
Reply/Quote
I think Herbert going win it, he's thrown 3 touchdowns in the first half with 3 BACKUP OFFENSIVE LINEMEN, and his starting running back is out! Why can't the Bengals line compete like this, the Chargers have 3 starters down on the offensive line and he Herbert is carving up the Saints. The Bengals are pitiful, if Burrow was smart, he'd get the hell out of Cincinnati. lol
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
Herbert is showing up very well in prime time with 3TDs already but needs to finish strong in 2nd half
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:22 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Looks like Herbet is ahead of Burrow as we speak

Could end being a very good QB class in a few years if Tua can stay healthy.

Reply/Quote
Terrible decision right there though. That’s the problem with Herbert.

Reply/Quote
I definitely didn't expect Herbert to be this good. Miami is the one who has the pressure on them if Tua doesn't shine.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote