Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year?
(11-04-2020, 09:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No argument but Burrow also played well in primetime against the Browns. Wasn't that the Thursday night game?

Just slipped my damn mind lol

oh yes it was and he did play well...  like i said a race of two rookies playing very well.. lets see how Herbert does this week has a tough matchup with Raiders.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I will tell you all this: (YES, it is highly improbable) If Burrow pulls the upset against pitt and goes on an unfathomable run, he won't just win OROTY, he could win league MVP. If he beats pitt, I think it has a really good chance of it. That is a huge, if, I know...
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 09:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will tell you all this:  (YES, it is highly improbable)  If Burrow pulls the upset against pitt and goes on an unfathomable run, he won't just win OROTY, he could win league MVP.  If he beats pitt, I think it has a really good chance of it.  That is a huge, if, I know...

I'm not saying that's impossible, but c'mon. I know that's just a hypothetical you're throwing around, but lets BEAT Pitt first. I almost feel he will have to at least clinch us a wildcard spot for him to get any consideration. Personally I think it's between A-Rod and Wilson.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 10:04 AM)Takedown Wrote: I'm not saying that's impossible, but c'mon. I know that's just a hypothetical you're throwing around, but lets BEAT Pitt first. I almost feel he will have to at least clinch us a wildcard spot for him to get any consideration. Personally I think it's between A-Rod and Wilson.

I gave TWO disclaimers about how unlikely it was...did I need three?

Wilson is the run away favorite, but he was on a playoff team last year.  If Burrow does the (seemingly) impossible, then he should win it.  
Reply/Quote
Wilson is overdue for MVP. I think it’s his year.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 10:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wilson is overdue for MVP. I think it’s his year.

This.

Wilson is having a first ballot Hall-of-Fame career.

2nd highest career passer rating in NFL history (102.4) just barely behind Aaron Rodgers (103.1).  Never had a losing season.  9-6 in post season.  Also averaging over 500 rushing yards per season.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 10:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wilson is overdue for MVP. I think it’s his year.

I remember them saying late last season when talking MVP that Wilson has never received a single MVP vote in entire career. Just unbelievable !
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 10:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I gave TWO disclaimers about how unlikely it was...did I need three?

Wilson is the run away favorite, but he was on a playoff team last year.  If Burrow does the (seemingly) impossible, then he should win it.  

That Seahawks defense is so bad that Seattle probably doesn't win a game this year without Wilson. That's how important he is to that team. He's the MVP lock barring injury.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 10:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I gave TWO disclaimers about how unlikely it was...did I need three?

Yes.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
PFF did an excellent article on Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-8-qb-review-joe-burrow-and-justin-herbert-continue-to-impress-but-their-styles-have-been-vastly-different
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 03:26 PM)Synric Wrote: PFF did an excellent article on Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-8-qb-review-joe-burrow-and-justin-herbert-continue-to-impress-but-their-styles-have-been-vastly-different

Good article indeed. I know people will accuse PFF of being pro-Burrow and anti-Herbert, but I like that they believe Burrow’s success is more sustainable. Especially their point about the weather changing.

Nice to see Burrow graded in the top 10 from a clean pocket, too. Perhaps a glimpse of the future if we can get the OL fixed...

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 09:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will tell you all this:  (YES, it is highly improbable)  If Burrow pulls the upset against pitt and goes on an unfathomable run, he won't just win OROTY, he could win league MVP.  If he beats pitt, I think it has a really good chance of it.  That is a huge, if, I know...

Sorry he really has little chance at MVP.. Wilson and Mahomes are two right off the bat that are so far ahead and on winning teams.. 
Reply/Quote
Not to sound like too much of a Burrow homer, but, I swear Mike Williams gets away with a lot of pushing off (and that helps Herbert). I've seen at least 4 big plays where he pushed off the defender including the one against the Bengals.

Nothing against Herbert, I think he's legit and going to be a stud and is probably the favorite right now for RoY.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 02:14 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Not to sound like too much of a Burrow homer, but, I swear Mike Williams gets away with a lot of pushing off (and that helps Herbert). I've seen at least 4 big plays where he pushed off the defender including the one against the Bengals.

Nothing against Herbert, I think he's legit and going to be a stud and is probably the favorite right now for RoY.

Williams has only 18 catches for 300 yards for the season... he has been dealing with injuries... but he is a nice deep threat for Herbert who has done well throwing long so if Williams can stay healthy will help Herbert but he has not been big in the overall passing game for the season. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 11:19 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Williams has only 18 catches for 300 yards for the season... he has been dealing with injuries... but he is a nice deep threat for Herbert who has done well throwing long so if Williams can stay healthy will help Herbert but he has not been big in the overall passing game for the season. 

The big thing with having Williams is it forces teams to respect the deep ball.

Right now the Bengals are lacking a guy who can get down the field and stretch the defense AND make a catch. (That last part is where Ross fails.)

So Williams just being on the field and running routes does help to open things up a little underneath, plus Herbert has connected with Williams on a few deep passes so teams are respectful of that.

It's possible that this draft actually will have the first 3 QBs taken all being really good, which is certainly good for the league overall.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
CBS has 10 bold projections for the second half, and one is just like this thread.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ten-bold-predictions-for-second-half-of-2020-nfl-season-buccaneers-win-it-all-49ers-brace-for-big-qb-change/

6. Herbert wins Offensive Rookie of the Year
Look, if you want to crown Joe Burrow, go right ahead. There's no denying his impact on the Bengals, and he's going to be a Pro Bowler in no time. But let's not pretend Justin Herbert hasn't been just as, if not more, impressive out in Los Angeles. The wins aren't there yet, but it's also not his fault he can't play defense. This kid's got top-five arm talent and entirely looks the part as a rookie.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
All of this talk about drafting a down field threat

Stop it.

Green will prob be here in cincy next season and I guarantee he will perform a hell of a lot better than this season

Focus on the o-line and defense
Reply/Quote
Not only is Joe Burrow on pace to bear Andrew Lucks Most Passing Yards by a Rookie record he is on pace to beat Andy Daltons 2013 most most passing yards by a Bengal QB record.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

It would be cool if this happened but I think Russell Wilson is locked for the league MVP.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 05:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Not only is Joe Burrow on pace to bear Andrew Lucks Most Passing Yards by a Rookie record he is on pace to beat Andy Daltons 2013 most most passing yards by a Bengal QB record.
Is he also on pace for most completions and attempts?,  seems like we have thrown the ball more this year than I can remember .
Reply/Quote