Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burrow Recruiting Collins
(03-19-2022, 08:49 PM)motoarch Wrote: I like turtles

We've resorted to boners and turtling talk, this can't be a good sign lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:22 PM)samhain Wrote: GOT is dead to me after the finale.  I've never seen a show or movie tank it's entire body of work in such and abrupt and complete fashion.  I just can't watch it after witnessing that abortion of an ending.

Dexter

Reply/Quote
"we" just over did it with the Collins stuff. But it's time to move on and move these threads once and for all.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 08:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: 886406a8a9a9fd018dacd3adb12639f2.gif]

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Its over. Bengals would be smart and start working on Daryl Williams right now.

Yep. They need to get someone to sign on the dotted line and get this RT sitch resolved.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:18 PM)jeremydc Wrote: I like your optimism. 

I am not optimistic at this point, but until he signs somewhere else, or we ink a RT, it ain't over. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If he passed the physical I’m pretty disappointed they let him leave the building without being signed.

This is really the worst case scenario. I assume they won’t move onto Daryl Williams (or whoever) until Collins makes up his mind. And in that time the former could get signed. Ugh

Hard to believe it's anything other than the guaranteed money.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm over it all.

Time to look to the draft. This FA stuff is annoying and drawn out. 

That's the good thing about going through over 60 pages of comments on Collins since he was cut by the Cowboys:  If he left without signing, then I have gone through so many ups and downs that I'm also over it all. Tired of the drama and ready to move on to someone who wants to be a Bengals
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Its over. Bengals would be smart and start working on Daryl Williams right now.

I think your right. I can't believe they let him leave and I think that he'll end up signing with Miami. I wonder if this is why we weren't in with Moses because we were interested in Collins. But yes start talking with Williams because we cannot go into the draft with ni RT.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hard to believe it's anything other than the guaranteed money.

Yep. I would say he has a competing offer which he presented to the Bengals today and gave them a chance to Counter at a late meeting which they didnt...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Mike you lied watch Burrow take another 50 + sacks next season.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. They need to get someone to sign on the dotted line and get this RT sitch resolved.

They're "still in the mix" which means they are stuck in a holding pattern and can't make any moves until this is resolved... 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hard to believe it's anything other than the guaranteed money.

So frustrating. They have the chance to completely revamp the OL in one offseason. Cut Waynes already and buy a goddamn RT ffs.

Reply/Quote
Hasn't Collins played some LT in his career when Smith was injured? He may see himself like Brown did in Baltimore. He may be asking for a deal between what a RT and LT would make, which would be something that would probably turn the team off.

Oh well. There are other needs to spend the money on. The team needs a corner, a tackle, and another 3 tech DT.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: None of these shows being mentioned come close to the golden age HBO stuff (The Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood, etc).

I'm a Sopranos fan but i've not watched the entire thing. Never seen an episode of The Wire or Deadwood.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm a Sopranos fan but i've not watched the entire thing. Never seen an episode of The Wire or Deadwood.

Shocked

You should really remedy that.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: They're "still in the mix" which means they are stuck in a holding pattern and can't make any moves until this is resolved... 

I don't think so. If he left without signing, the Bengals need to move onto someone who wants to be part of this team. 

It is clear that when he came, there was an understanding of what it would take to sign him. Otherwise, they don't invest so much time with players and coaches meeting him and front office staff, etc. If he got a competing offer meanwhile, and walked out to visit another team, then maybe he's not the one the Bengals should invest in. 

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm a Sopranos fan but i've not watched the entire thing. Never seen an episode of The Wire or Deadwood.

This is an absolute travesty.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:22 PM)samhain Wrote: GOT is dead to me after the finale.  I've never seen a show or movie tank it's entire body of work in such and abrupt and complete fashion.  I just can't watch it after witnessing that abortion of an ending.

The sad part is, the writers followed GRRMs books well (with their own twists) but once that source material was gone, they totally ****** up how it ended. I don't think i've ever been more disappointed in an ending for any other show. 

From my recollection, i liked the first 3 episodes of the final season...and i think it was the end of epi 3 that it started going south. Is that when Arya flew in to kill The Night King with her spiffy knife drop?

And i really, really, really hated the final episode.

Reply/Quote
Watson went to Browns so we should be talking to Armstead just to see what his price if indeed Collins has put us on hold to talk to other teams.

Others as well, do not want to have to draft a starting Offensive Tackle

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote