Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burrow Recruiting Collins
I think the Collins dude ends up a Bengal. He was here the better part of two days. Clearly, they were close and both sides like a lot of what they heard. Others aren't exactly beating down La'el's door to get to him. My best guess is that he will be in black and orange.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:41 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Maybe I'm alone on this, but is anyone concerned why Jerry Jones was so willing  to tell this Top 5 lineman to kick rocks ?  I know it saved him some money but Jerry is a guy who will spend some money for a quality product. Also, why isn't there more teams just beating down the door of this ex-Cowboy behemoth to get a shot at him?  You would think one of the top linemen in the league would be getting more play from teams. What's up? Something doesn't feel quite right.  Help me out.

Beside all the other issues the cowboys have, Jones is a feeble old coot losing it gradually quicker and quicker..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:03 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I think the Collins dude ends up a Bengal.   He was here the better part of two days. Clearly, they were close and both sides like a lot of what they heard. Others aren't exactly beating down La'el's door to get to him.   My best guess is that he will be in black and orange.

his agent is also mixon's and pacman jones, I could imagine his agent might have gone into it saying we aren't signing anything no matter what they say, yet.
Reply/Quote
Rather people are ready to realize it or not, we've lost more than we've gained. We've downgraded from CJ if only the locker room presence (and it's a tough sell to say we've upgraded), lost Spain, lost larry O, lost Reiff, haven't upgraded one of the worst pass defenses, in a conference that has upgraded it's pass catchers and qb's.... We've strengthened Center and RG and people will hang their hats on that to claim we haven't fallen behind, but other spots have taken hits.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: . We've downgraded from CJ if only the locker room presence (and it's a tough sell to say we've upgraded)

It’s not a tough sell at all to say cincy upgraded the TE position

Because they did
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:27 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: It’s not a tough sell at all to say cincy upgraded the TE position

Because they did

With a player on his 3rd team in 5 years. A first round pick that typically gets a long leash? I think it's a tough sell.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: With a player on his 3rd team in 5 years. A first round pick that typically gets a long leash? I think it's a tough sell.

Did you see the tight ends Hurst was playing with during his times in Baltimore and Atlanta?

A guy like Tyler higbee and even hunter henry wouldn’t see much production next to Pitts and Andrews
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 12:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is a complete fantasy. This goes along the lines of thinking players will sign here solely because we have Joe at QB. 

Players want MONEY first and foremost. Give them the MONEY and it will happen. 

Considering thats one of the top reasons Hilton claims he came here, I'd disagree with your sentiment but you could be right. That’s your opinion.
Reply/Quote
The fact we have to already try to justify if being outplayed by a 3rd round pick in his own draft, and a team passing on Chase for another 1st round TE makes it a hard sell.

Besides can he block like CJ in the run game and in pass pro is the question for this offense. That's the piece we downgraded at and that is a significant piece to the scheme.

But I'm not slamming the signing. I understand the offense, it's just a hard sell to say we've upgraded.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Rather people are ready to realize it or not, we've lost more than we've gained.

This is hilarious coming from a guy who refuses to even look at the holes other teams have due to free agents starters.

Free agency is far from over.  Pretty much every team in the league is still looking to replace starters that were free agents.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Did you see the tight ends Hurst was playing with during his times in Baltimore and Atlanta?

A guy like Tyler higbee and even hunter henry wouldn’t see much production next to Pitts and Andrews

Exactly!
Reply/Quote
You know things are good when losing CJ Uzomah is one of the biggest things people are crying about.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:03 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I think the Collins dude ends up a Bengal.   He was here the better part of two days. Clearly, they were close and both sides like a lot of what they heard. Others aren't exactly beating down La'el's door to get to him.   My best guess is that he will be in black and orange.

I think the Bengals ought to float that they looking at 2 other tackles and whoever signs first gets the gig. Two can play that game.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: Besides can he block like CJ in the run game and in pass pro is the question for this offense. That's the piece we downgraded at and that is a significant piece to the scheme.

I was always a big fan of Uzo.  I think he was underrated by many fans here due to the low number of targets he got in our offense.

And I am not as stoked about Hurst as some people here.

But replacing Uzo with Hurst plus $4 million was one of the best moves the Bengals have made this off season.  And you know why?  BECAUSE THE BENGALS ARE NOT FINISHED IN FREE AGENCY.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: The fact we have to already try to justify if being outplayed by a 3rd round pick in his own draft, and a team passing on Chase for another 1st round TE makes it a hard sell.

Besides can he block like CJ in the run game and in pass pro is the question for this offense. That's the piece we downgraded at and that is a significant piece to the scheme.

But I'm not slamming the signing. I understand the offense, it's just a hard sell to say we've upgraded.

A player getting outplayed by 2 all pro talents means he’s worse than a mediocre CJ Uzomah?

Please.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the Bengals ought to float that they looking at 2 other tackles and whoever signs first gets the gig. Two can play that game.

When a player signs has nothing to do with improving the team.

You sign the best value player you can instead of playing silly games.

Free agency is not like a teenage romance.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was always a big fan of Uzo.  I think he was underrated by many fans here due to the low number of targets he got in our offense.

And I am not as stoked about Hurst as some people here.

But replacing Uzo with Hurst plus $4 million was one of the best moves the Bengals have made this off season.  And you know why?  BECAUSE THE BENGALS ARE NOT FINISHED IN FREE AGENCY.

I understand the money aspect of it all, because I get how TE's are used in the Offense, specifically with our 3 wideouts and RB as pass catching options. I'm not complaining about letting him walk. I'm just not so quick to determine he's an upgrade. A better financial move yes, and upgrade.... I think that's a tough sell and we'll just have to see. 

Reply/Quote
tough sell tough sell tough sell

like a broken record
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When a player signs has nothing to do with improving the team.

You sign the best value player you can instead of playing silly games.

Free agency is not like a teenage romance.

No shit, but if guarantees are the sticking point and the Bengals won't budge (which evidently they won't) then there is no reason not to put some pressure to sign back on the player. 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: A  player getting outplayed by 2 all pro talents means he’s worse than a mediocre CJ Uzomah?

Please.

I never said he was worse... Don't put words in my mouth just to get yourself worked up. That's lame.

The question was is he an upgrade. 

Reply/Quote