Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow allegedly on a 25 drop back pitch count
Bengals twitter fan/personality has said that a Bengals player told him that Burrow is on a 25 drop back pitch count. Might explain some of the ‘strange’ play calling at the end. Take it with a grain of salt. Couple of tweets below.

https://mobile.twitter.com/zimwhodey/status/1437943866687164419?s=21

https://mobile.twitter.com/zimwhodey/status/1438253342241734656?s=21
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 07:44 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Bengals twitter fan/personality has said that a Bengals player told him that Burrow is on a 25 drop back pitch count. Might explain some of the ‘strange’ play calling at the end. Take it with a grain of salt. Couple of tweets below.

https://mobile.twitter.com/zimwhodey/status/1437943866687164419?s=21

https://mobile.twitter.com/zimwhodey/status/1438253342241734656?s=21

Yeah, I don't believe that for a second.  Now they may have a preference to keep it at or below that level to maintain a balanced offense, but there;s no way they are going to run the ball in obvious passing situations because he already threw 25 times.  Especially don't believe it when he exceeded that number in game 1 alone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 08:05 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Yeah, I don't believe that for a second.  Now they may have a preference to keep it at or below that level to maintain a balanced offense, but there;s no way they are going to run the ball in obvious passing situations because he already threw 25 times.  Especially don't believe it when he exceeded that number in game 1 alone.

Barely exceeded it and only due to overtime. 

But I have to agree that if they are trying to win a game they aren't going to avoid passing the ball due to having used 25 passes already. 

The bright side of this is that the offense should be focused more on balance and the run which is a good thing.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I call shenanigans
Reply/Quote
Nothing wrong with a balanced attack. Guys like Manning and Brady have no issue handing it off if it’s working.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 08:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Barely exceeded it and only due to overtime. 

But I have to agree that if they are trying to win a game they aren't going to avoid passing the ball due to having used 25 passes already. 

The bright side of this is that the offense should be focused more on balance and the run which is a good thing.

He exceeded in regulation the 5 sacks count as dropbacks.
Reply/Quote
Total BS

He had 17 drop backs in the first half alone.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 08:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Total BS

He had 17 drop backs in the first half alone.

Agree.  It's easy to speculate something like this in a game where things never got out of hand for the Bengals.  Wait until they get into a scenario where they are down 2 or 3 touchdowns.  You'll see that "pitch count" exceed 25 in a hurry.
Reply/Quote
Things changed when he came off limping in 2nd half.. not rocket science here.. he is not 100 percent.. they protected him in 4th quarter and OT
Reply/Quote
After the big Chase TD that seemed to come as a rope-a-dope play that caught the Vikes sleeping, I'm suspicious of any claim like this. Teams may or may not buy into this, but it might make DCs consider loading up the box to stop Mixon. When they do, then everything opens up downfield.
Reply/Quote
Nah. This isn't baseball where you can just go out there and pull the pitcher. The flow of the game dictates how much a QB drops back.

This is total BS.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Zim does have inside sources , and I doubt he just totally made this up, but it was probably more of a goal target # if the game was going right.

Reply/Quote
I don't think this has anything negative to do with Joe Burrow. It's more likely a commitment to running the football.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Zim does have inside sources , and I doubt he just totally made this up, but it was probably more of a goal target # if the game was going right.

If he does have inside sources why would they allow him to tell others puts team at a competitive disadvantage
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 10:04 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If he does have inside sources why would they allow him to tell others puts team at a competitive disadvantage

Ask him.

Reply/Quote
Thankfully Zims inside sources told him Bengals would be passing on 2nd downs more often.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Zim does have inside sources , and I doubt he just totally made this up, but it was probably more of a goal target # if the game was going right.

I'd say this. It's not set in stone.
Reply/Quote
Probably shouldn't tell everyone that
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 10:48 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Probably shouldn't tell everyone that

I mean, the entire league has the tape of week 1 now. It’s no secret what we were trying to do.

Reply/Quote
Zim is pretty reliable
Reply/Quote