Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow in Shotgun
I noted this last year.  And I assumed it would be worked on.

Sunday's game was a glaring reminder of one of burrow's very few issues.

When he receives the shotgun snap, he is always tilting or slightly moving his body forward to meet the ball. He then has to reverse his upper body momentum.   It is ever so slight, and then he will fall back into his drop/read.

I can not, for the life of me, understand how they have not cleaned this minor and seemingly trivial item up.

We are talking literal fractions/milliseconds, but has anyone else noticed this besides me?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 11:52 AM)ATOTR Wrote: I noted this last year.  And I assumed it would be worked on.

When he receives the shotgun snap, he is always tilting or slightly moving his body forward to meet the ball. He then has to reverse his upper body momentum.   It is ever so slight, and then he will fall back into his drop/read.

I can not, for the life of me, understand how they have not cleaned this minor and seemingly trivial item up.

We are talking literal fractions/milliseconds, but has anyone else noticed this besides me?

I am going to have to re-watch the game to see...

Nice observation I will keep an eye on.
Reply/Quote
Good grief, someone get hold of Burrow and his coaches and tell him how to play QB...... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 01:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am going to have to re-watch the game to see...

Nice observation I will keep an eye on.

Take a look at the San Diego. Bears. Cleveland and titans game last year. And the game 3 days ago.
Reply/Quote
There are tendencies all over the field for this team.

I just saw they ran the ball on Sunday 90% of the time Joe was under center (not shotgun). That is so bad.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 02:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: There are tendencies all over the field for this team.

I just saw they ran the ball on Sunday 90% of the time Joe was under center (not shotgun). That is so bad.

Jesus Christ. 

I know I can probably find this - any idea on how successful the pass plays were under center?  I am assuming it was only 2 or 3 of them....
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 02:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: There are tendencies all over the field for this team.

Well, the way the Steelers were getting pressure the only way they were going to throw the ball under center was with play-action but Mixon was only averaging 2 ypc so that wasn't going to work.No time to throw the ball.

Bengals really need to pinch the edges in the passing game. I did not see one quick out for 5 yards in the 1st half. Never saw a roll-out for a safe pass. I love what Big Ben use to do with quick hitters to their WR's and let them get the yards. JB would not need to even hang onto the ball for more than 1-2 seconds.
Reply/Quote
Gotta love Zac Taylor, a brand new licensed driver handed keys to a standard shift sports car, not the slightest idea what to do.
Reply/Quote

Man I hope they clean that up. I do remember thinking it seems Pittsburgh knows every time we're gonna run it and where.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 03:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Man I hope they clean that up. I do remember thinking it seems Pittsburgh knows every time we're gonna run it and where.

Then, we would get to the Goal Line, drop into shotgun, and run a quasi delayed draw to mixon...lol

Maddening 
Reply/Quote
I noticed he was garbage Sunday
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 04:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I noticed he was garbage Sunday

So did Stevie Wonder - who by the way, can see. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 03:02 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Well, the way the Steelers were getting pressure the only way they were going to throw the ball under center was with play-action but Mixon was only averaging 2 ypc so that wasn't going to work.No time to throw the ball.

Bengals really need to pinch the edges in the passing game. I did not see one quick out for 5 yards in the 1st half. Never saw a roll-out for a safe pass. I love what Big Ben use to do with quick hitters to their WR's and let them get the yards. JB would not need to even hang onto the ball for more than 1-2 seconds.

They need to run the ball down hill more and stop doing these stupid ass tosses/pitches to the outside with Mixon. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Burrow likes shotgun so he can diagnose where rushers are coming from better. This would be amazing if we had an o line. Since our o line is trash we should run more from under center.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 11:52 AM)ATOTR Wrote: I noted this last year.  And I assumed it would be worked on.

No. I just went on NFL+ and watched about 10 other QBs, then watched Burrow. He doesn't look any different than *any of them do. 

The only thing i noticed is that Brady is the only one (that i watched) that starts moving backwards as the ball is in the air. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I don't see any little movement or idiosyncrasy like what OP is talking about... not sure if what they're mentioning would even make a difference.

Off-topic, lol OP got banned again? No surprise... wonder who's family her personally attacked again, for that to happen...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 12:18 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. I just went on NFL+ and watched about 10 other QBs, then watched Burrow. He doesn't look any different than *any of them do. 

The only thing i noticed is that Brady is the only one (that i watched) that starts moving backwards as the ball is in the air. 

Saw the same thing, no difference.

Nothing to see here. We just need to run the ball better to open things up, like Weezy said run down hill instead of those
tosses and pitches that end up in TFL for the Defense. Just dumb plays in the playbook that we need to get rid of. It is okay
to run tosses and pitches once in awhile but we run them far too often and don't run down hill which the new guys added 
to the OL are supposed to be good at.

The whole point of getting these guys was being versatile in the way we ran our OL schemes. Neither Cappa, Karras, La'el
Collins or Cordell Volson are wide zone O-lineman. They are directional Lineman, use them as such and let them gain the 
chemistry they so sorely need together.

(09-14-2022, 10:04 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, I don't see any little movement or idiosyncrasy like what OP is talking about... not sure if what they're mentioning would even make a difference.

Off-topic, lol OP got banned again? No surprise... wonder who's family her personally attacked again, for that to happen...

Saw the OP got banned again, have no idea lol
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 04:28 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They need to run the ball down hill more and stop doing these stupid ass tosses/pitches to the outside with Mixon. 

Whatever happened to the old school draw play up the gut ?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 01:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Whatever happened to the old school draw play up the gut ?

Would be perfect for this Offense with Joe Burrow who scares Defenses in the passing game.

Well, when he isn't throwing int after int lol
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 01:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Whatever happened to the old school draw play up the gut ?

We need Alstott
Reply/Quote