Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Burrow is holding ball to long
(09-19-2022, 02:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
2 guys WIDE OPEN on this play and Burrow takes a sack instead of hitting one his check downs.

Is this the opposite of "seeing ghosts?"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 02:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Is this the opposite of "seeing ghosts?"

It’s like he wants every play to be a home run ball. And it’s such a fine line on how much of that you want to coach out of him.

Reply/Quote
"I thought, for the most part, we protected the ball well in those situations and that was my goal this week." - Joe Burrow

So yeah Joe's picks were on his mind with taking those sacks instead of checking down or throwing the ball away.

"We knew that he liked to hold the ball and we knew we've got some guys that can go get after him," the Cowboys' Armstrong said. "That was the goal to go do that."

Steelers player had a quote that they knew what play we were running based on the personnel/package. Easy.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It’s everything, but Joe has not helped himself at all by not hitting the easy dump offs. No team will change their scheme until Joe learns this.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I refuse to blame Burrow after all the abuse he has taken because of these shit coaches and Olines...
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:11 PM)Tony Wrote: I refuse to blame Burrow after all the abuse he has taken because of these shit coaches and Olines...

It's not "blame" it's his playing style. He's asserted "not all sacks are bad". I personally hope he looks to see what he can do to be part of the solution.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:11 PM)Tony Wrote: I refuse to blame Burrow after all the abuse he has taken because of these shit coaches and Olines...

It’s both. The OL needs to be better, but Joe also has to help himself some, too.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s both. The OL needs to be better, but Joe also has to help himself some, too.

Yes. And the scheme/playcalls could help too.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

In the replies to that...

[Image: FdBfcJ2XwAcQixO?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Just 3 guys last year worse at helping themselves not get sacked, too. (Plus obviously also a bad OL.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 01:11 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: In the replies to that...

[Image: FdBfcJ2XwAcQixO?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Just 3 guys last year worse at helping themselves not get sacked, too. (Plus obviously also a bad OL.)

Brutal.

I love Burrow, but he has to take some of that out of his game. At the very least it should be situational. Playing hero ball in the 4th quarter down a TD is one thing, trying to do it every single snap is quite another.

Reply/Quote
2 guys WIDE OPEN on this play and Burrow takes a sack instead of hitting one his check downs.

With daylight in front of them to boot.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

It's just amazing to me that Burrow is this screwed up. I've noticed a couple times myself it seemed he had open receivers and just hesitates.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 10:27 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's just amazing to me that Burrow is this screwed up. I've noticed a couple times myself it seemed he had open receivers and just hesitates.

They show a video with about a minute left in the half.  By this time Burrow has been hit and sacked and faced pressure how many times?  Of course he is going to have happy feet and miss open guys.  This would happen to any QB that takes that many hits.  If a defense keeps hitting the QB, that QB will get rattled and it doesn't matter if you are talking Brady, Mahomes, Burrow or any other QB.

Posting a video where Burrow has already faced a lot of punishment and then saying he missed wide open receivers is not telling the full story.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 02:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Is this the opposite of "seeing ghosts?"

It's not seeing anything.... 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote