Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow is special
The fact that Burrow has completed almost 65% of his passes, with only one pick and a rating of nearly 90...while having to throw 47 times a game, being sacked 14 times and hit 45 times, is just unreal...especially considering he's a damn rookie! The kid is more than just legit, he is incredibly special, IMO.

Can you imagine if he had an o-line that could actually protect him and a running game that was actually effective? 
Reply/Quote
History says we will never get to see that...
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The fact that Burrow has completed almost 65% of his passes, with only one pick and a rating of nearly 90...while having to throw 47 times a game, being sacked 14 times and hit 45 times, is just unreal...especially considering he's a damn rookie! The kid is more than just legit, he is incredibly special, IMO.

Can you imagine if he had an o-line that could actually protect him and a running game that was actually effective?

I saw very few "bad" passes. Just wish he had some Oline and running game to help him. 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The fact that Burrow has completed almost 65% of his passes, with only one pick and a rating of nearly 90...while having to throw 47 times a game, being sacked 14 times and hit 45 times, is just unreal...especially considering he's a damn rookie! The kid is more than just legit, he is incredibly special, IMO.

He’ll have both when he takes over for Drew Brees in New Orleans in a few years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Am I allowed to be hyped about Burrow in this thread? Is that ok? I don’t want to offend anyone, or be told to go make macaroni art or whatever...

But anyway...yes he is definitely special. I sincerely hope we don’t waste him.

Reply/Quote
We're on a pace for allowing 75 QB sacks this year...
Reply/Quote
[Image: th?id=OIP.b1kJBXcq9kUnCxgFiQng0QHaFC&pid...=243&h=166]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
And the one pick was just a rookie mistake trying to do too much and make something happen. He really hasn’t had many bad throws through 3 games. And considering the pressure that’s pretty amazing.

Reply/Quote
I know Burrow is a young rookie, but the team cannot keep running 5 WR with this OL. The hits and sacks is unacceptable at any level. They need to have max protection schemes and just run Mixon. This has reached the point after three games that winning is no longer a priority. They have to protect their best QB prospect in years in Joe Burrow.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: We're on a pace for allowing 75 QB sacks this year...

[Image: HarmlessQuerulousGyrfalcon-max-1mb.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know Burrow is a young rookie, but the team cannot keep running 5 WR with this OL. The hits and sacks is unacceptable at any level. They need to have max protection schemes and just run Mixon. This has reached the point after three games that winning is no longer a priority. They have to protect their best QB prospect in years in Joe Burrow.

Absolutely! This is the time to go to two tight end sets and unbalanced jumbo packages.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Am I allowed to be hyped about Burrow in this thread? Is that ok? I don’t want to offend anyone, or be told to go make macaroni art or whatever...

But anyway...yes he is definitely special. I sincerely hope we don’t waste him.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone couldn't be hyped about him at this point. 
Reply/Quote

And the pick wasn't even a drop back pick (meaning a misread in coverage or "seeing ghosts" or anything like that). Just a "trying to make a play out of nothing" moment. He has since started throwing those out of bounds, as we saw with the two rolling pocket plays today.

He's going to be elite in this league. His accuracy is absolutely absurd.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:31 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He's going to be elite in this league. His accuracy is absolutely absurd.

Yes, Joe will be elite — but it won’t happen with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Have to protect this guy. First two picks next year in the draft needs to be offensive lineman.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: We're on a pace for allowing 75 QB sacks this year...

...and about 250 hits!  Mellow
Reply/Quote

What would our genius HC say about that? 

"It's blown out of proportion"  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:35 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: What would our genius HC say about that? 

"It's blown out of proportion"  Mellow

Remember that time Duke and Marvin said the o-line wasn't an issue and then it's been an issue ever since? Maybe Zac is still reading from that manual?  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Remember that time Duke and Marvin said the o-line wasn't an issue and then it's been an issue ever since? Maybe Zac is still reading from that manual? Nervous

There is a reason Bill Belichick can plug Cam Newton into his offense and it just “works.” There is a reason Mike Tomlin can go 8-8 with a third string quarterback. There is a reason Lamar Jackson can run or pass at will. There was a reason the Cleveland Browns and Green Bay Packers traded championships in the 1950s and 1960s.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, Joe will be elite — but it won’t happen with the Bengals.

Why do people think Burrow will leave the Bengals? When was the last elite 1st contract QB to leave their franchise?
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote