Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow knee injury may have saved Zac
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
ZT doesn't have his dad's steakhouse to fall back on...he'd be lucky to get a job managing Hulk Hogan's Pastamania.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not so sure. I know it's easy to think that will happen, especially given Mike's reluctance to fire coaches...but one things that's different is that Mike went on record and said they were going to let Zac 'have his way'. Well it's been 2 years, a terrible hand-picked coaching staff and 145m free dollars later and Zac has 4 total wins to show for 'his way'. 

I actually think this will make it easier for Mike to cut ties with Zac, if he decides to. If it wasn't for this, I would say there's 100% chance Zac is back...but with this being the case, I honestly don't think it's a certainty anymore.

I won't be shocked if Zac is back because that's what I would expect from Mike, but I do think Zac's ineptitude has given him a pretty easy out as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:22 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What kind of ******* thinking allows someone to believe that, as crappy as this team is without Burrow--a team Taylor put together--coupled with all his terrible decisions in player game management, gives him an "excuse" for losing? They're not losing close games. They look utterly incompetent and unable to compete with even bad teams. 

What this team has done without Burrow is a more damning testimony of where this team is, than what they couldn't do with him. 

All that aside, it's exactly the thing that Mike Brown would do, which only further cements how unqalified, incompetent and clueless he is.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: ZT doesn't have his dad's steakhouse to fall back on...he'd be lucky to get a job managing Hulk Hogan's Pastamania.

I’d say he would have probably ended up coaching under his father in law in the CFL but he doesn’t even have that to fall back on...

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:44 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What kind of ******* thinking allows someone to believe that, as crappy as this team is without Burrow--a team Taylor put together--coupled with all his terrible decisions in player game management, gives him an "excuse" for losing? They're not losing close games. They look utterly incompetent and unable to compete with even bad teams. 

What this team has done without Burrow is a more damning testimony of where this team is, than what they couldn't do with him. 

All that aside, it's exactly the thing that Mike Brown would do, which only further cements how unqalified, incompetent and clueless he is.

Yeah.

All the minutiae of Zac Taylor's ineptitude aside... They got whooped 30 to 7 by a BAD team that was also missing it's starting QB, and just played a game 5 days ago.... Whooped by 'em. That's pathetic!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Meh.

With Joe we would've won 4-5 more games during the easy part of the schedule. Which would've been 6-7 wins, and a decent finish considering how bad the roster is.

Without Joe, we're going to finish with 2-3 total wins.

I dunno if the latter saves ZT. A crappy season is a crappy season. Personally, I think ZT is in more of a hotseat now than if JB finished the season beating garbage teams.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I would say the knee injury is what exposed Zac more than anything. If Burrow doesn't get injured--like Benton said--we string some more wins together late in the year that save Zac's job. Without Burrow, Zac is exposed as a terrible coach. Seeing the product on the field right now forces the Bengals to truthfully analyze Zac's job last year, as well as the stretch of games with Burrow. We could have won more with Burrow this year if we had a better coach--I think that's becoming quite clear to everyone.
Reply/Quote
Zac decided to have Burrow be on pace to throw 70 times against a d-line that was already pummeling him.  If anything the injury should seal his fate.  No one else in the league gets their QB hit as often as ZT.  
Reply/Quote
Notice ZT called 2 pass plays when it was obvious that the QB was on one leg? One a fade to the corner?
I find his lack awareness disturbing...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:42 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm not so sure. I know it's easy to think that will happen, especially given Mike's reluctance to fire coaches...but one things that's different is that Mike went on record and said they were going to let Zac 'have his way'. Well it's been 2 years, a terrible hand-picked coaching staff and 145m free dollars later and Zac has 4 total wins to show for 'his way'. 

I actually think this will make it easier for Mike to cut ties with Zac, if he decides to. If it wasn't for this, I would say there's 100% chance Zac is back...but with this being the case, I honestly don't think it's a certainty anymore.

I won't be shocked if Zac is back because that's what I would expect from Mike, but I do think Zac's ineptitude has given him a pretty easy out as well.

I agree. But, that came from a Paul Daugherty column.

I think at 2-7-1 with Burrow that it's a pretty huge jump to say the team would have finished with 6 or 7 wins. And even if that's the logic, it would be with the team beating REALLY BAD teams.

It's basically epic ineptitude. Epic.

Like it couldn't be worse. Adam Gase could probably come in and win 5 games with this team. Gase would have been better than 2-7-1 with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 03:12 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Zac decided to have Burrow be on pace to throw 70 times against a d-line that was already pummeling him.  If anything the injury should seal his fate.  No one else in the league gets their QB hit as often as ZT.  

Correct.  Piss-poor game management, and criminal negligence on the offensive line got Joe Burrow killed.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
This knee injury should actually be doing the opposite for Taylor IMO.
Without Burrow, the offense is bottom-of-the-barrel.
This shows that it's actually Burrow that makes this offense decent, not Taylor. Burrow doesn't need Taylor, he should be able to succeed in basically any offensive scheme.
To me, Taylor needs to still be finding ways to score offensive points without Burrow if his job is to be saved.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:42 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm not so sure. I know it's easy to think that will happen, especially given Mike's reluctance to fire coaches...but one things that's different is that Mike went on record and said they were going to let Zac 'have his way'. Well it's been 2 years, a terrible hand-picked coaching staff and 145m free dollars later and Zac has 4 total wins to show for 'his way'. 

As long as The Family lets the next head coach and every head coach in the future “have their way”, then this won’t be such a bad franchise to work for. The Family needs to stay the **** out of the way and let the coaches do their thing from here on out.
Reply/Quote
All I know is, the End of Year press conference is going to be something else.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 03:39 AM)SladeX Wrote: Notice ZT called 2 pass plays when it was obvious that the QB was on one leg? One a fade to the corner?
I find his lack awareness disturbing...

Yeah, that was really bad....the guy couldn't plant. 

I gotta give Allen props for gutting it out there though.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:53 PM)Big Boss Wrote: All I know is, the End of Year press conference is going to be something else.

Think it will be like Marvin Lewis January 2011 or Marvin Lewis January 2019?
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:15 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Think it will be like Marvin Lewis January 2011 or Marvin Lewis January 2019?

Reply/Quote
I will be elated if Taylor is fired. It would bring a lot of my interest back...although I've watched every game, I'm kind of numb to the team.

IF he's fired, I'd probably try go to some games next year and be more excited about the season.

That said, I expect them to keep him and waste Burrows rookie deal on him.
Reply/Quote