Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow out Sunday
(01-05-2022, 03:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He could be both.  I guess I just have more swagger and confidence than the people who are relieved Burrow isn't on the field. 

Because you're a HoF'er, my man.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 03:39 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I think you aren't required to test unless there are symptoms.  So I wouldn't test unless he's clearly showing symptoms 

Only way vaccinated are tested now is self report, showing symptoms, and I guess they do random testing as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:35 PM)Tony Wrote: Let's just hope this is the end of the breakout. I hear it takes a week to incubate.. This is downright frightening for the Bengals at this point...

Someone in my family had COVID on Thanksgiving. Between Saturday night and Sunday morning, myself, two of my brothers, any my sister in law all developed symptoms. Not major, but noticeable. No one got anything after that, so our incubation period seemed to be 2-1/2 to 3 days. 

Anecdotal evidence, but it's what I have to go on at this point. 

I think if the rest of the team isn't symptomatic by this weekend, then they may have dodged a bullet on getting it this time around. I'm not optimistic that it doesn't become an outbreak with us at this point. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
It's for the best. Beyond the knee and thumb, this should minimize (I hope) his probability of contracting covid at the worst possible time.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 03:26 PM)Synric Wrote: I hope BJ Hill gets a ton of snaps vs the Browns. We know he is a good interior pass rusher but with the Browns rushing offense it will be a great chance the evaluate that part of his game. 

Now BJ Hill is is in the Covid List.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:27 PM)Tony Wrote: Watch Allen go off and break the 525 with backups lol...

I really hope he hooks up with Boyd where Boyd can take it to the house a couple of times and let him get his 1000. Wonder how many teams have ever had 3 1000 yd receivers, a 1000 yd RB and a +4000 yd QB?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:33 PM)Tony Wrote: Maybe just keep them home this week? Let the backups get all the reps. It still hurts, how much practice are they gonna miss?

Joe and his WR's need to keep throwing...
Reply/Quote
Good to hear
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 05:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I really hope he hooks up with Boyd where Boyd can take it to the house a couple of times and let him get his 1000. Wonder how many teams have ever had 3 1000 yd receivers, a 1000 yd RB and a +4000 yd QB?

Two - the 2004 Colts and the 1995 Falcons.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 05:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I really hope he hooks up with Boyd where Boyd can take it to the house a couple of times and let him get his 1000. Wonder how many teams have ever had 3 1000 yd receivers, a 1000 yd RB and a +4000 yd QB?

I believe manning did it a few times, with the colts and again with the broncos, time to do research.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 06:00 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I believe manning did it a few times, with the colts and again with the broncos, time to do research.

The list of 4,000 and 1,000 and 3 x 1000 is short.

2004 colts
1995 falcons

The 2008 cardinals, 89 redskins, and 1980 chargers are the only other teams to have 3 x 1,000 WR. Interestingly, The 89 redskins trio accounted for all but about 320 yards.
Reply/Quote
I hope that they don't get cutesy and try to do stuff just to break records or give someone a certain amount of yards on the season. Last I checked the point of playing is to outscore your opponent, not to try to rack up accolades. Besides, 16 games have passed. The previous records were set with 16 games. I don't see a point in challenging old records with an extra game. 
Reply/Quote
Baker Mayfield is out as well.

So a battle of the backups.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I haven't read through this whole thread so if someone else has suggested this let me offer my apologies but I think they should put Joe, Jamar, Tee, Tyler, and maybe CJ in a room with Mixon and let them catch Covid and get it out of the way.

Of course I'm not serious but my oh my wouldn't it be great to get their Covid over with (I'm of the opinion that everyone in the USA will catch Omicron at some point) and not have to worry about them getting it before the playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 07:43 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I haven't read through this whole thread so if someone else has suggested this let me offer my apologies but I think they should put Joe, Jamar, Tee, Tyler, and maybe CJ in a room with Mixon and let them catch Covid and get it out of the way.

Of course I'm not serious but my oh my wouldn't it be great to get their Covid over with (I'm of the opinion that everyone in the USA will catch Omicron at some point) and not have to worry about them getting it before the playoff game.

I kinda agree... time is now to get covid if they are going to get it.

Burrow needs to be isolated as much as possible.... its a sham playoff teams have to worry about this ish
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 07:43 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I haven't read through this whole thread so if someone else has suggested this let me offer my apologies but I think they should put Joe, Jamar, Tee, Tyler, and maybe CJ in a room with Mixon and let them catch Covid and get it out of the way.

Not so far fetched. Before the MMR was widely available, my older sister drove miles with her infants to have them play with her younger sister's children who had rubella (German measles) so they would get it while they were young. 

I hope they are testing everyone this week to catch those asymptomatic. We don't care about positive asymptomatic cases that would impact this Sunday's game.
Reply/Quote
Get them all their own cabins at like Hocking Hills.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:19 PM)Tony Wrote: Burrow is on a conference now and said he doesn't expect to play...
https://youtu.be/gewBsOwDF78

SOURCE : BENGALS.COM......Coach Taylor may not even suit him up.  Bengal players agree, Burrow could use a bye week rest before Play-Offs.  They say they would not be in Play-Offs without Burrow, and he has done enough, save him for Play-Offs. 

Besides Burrow limping on the injury operated on leg after the Chiefs game, Burrow intends to get his throwing hand finger operated on after the play-offs.   The Bengals feel the risks of playing Burrow are too great, and the odds of moving into a 1 seed bye week are too low. 

There are other Bengals who will not play.  Covid has also hit the Bengals as with other teams and the USA.  Mixon and Hendrickson did not practice and may miss Browns game.  There are other key names who may not play. 

Coach Taylor says the Bengals are still trying to Win at Cleveland, and he wants whoever plays to step up, do their jobs, and get the job done, because they are in The NFL on Bengals and he expects them to step up and win this game. 

I'm very glad Burrow will not be playing. I was hoping Mixon wouldn't either. Whoever the Bengals play in the Play-Offs, they will need Burrow and Mixon.  It's impossible to say who Bengals will play, but it's easy to say they will need Burrow and Mixon.

So this ends the question of will Burrow and other players rest against Cleveland.  Some of you may not like it, but that's OK.   Injured Joe Burrow is being held out by Coach Taylor so he can be as healthy as possible in the Play-Offs.  Joe Burrow has been playing through leg and throwing hand injuries, but it has been decided it would be silly to play him in this new added on week 18.  Bengals have already won the AFC North.  Had they lost to Chiefs, Burrow would have played to win the AFC North, but now it is not needed. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 03:49 AM)kevin Wrote: SOURCE : BENGALS.COM......Coach Taylor may not even suit him up.  Bengal players agree, Burrow could use a bye week rest before Play-Offs.  They say they would not be in Play-Offs without Burrow, and he has done enough, save him for Play-Offs. 

Besides Burrow limping on the injury operated on leg after the Chiefs game, Burrow intends to get his throwing hand finger operated on after the play-offs.   The Bengals feel the risks of playing Burrow are too great, and the odds of moving into a 1 seed bye week are too low. 

There are other Bengals who will not play.  Covid has also hit the Bengals as with other teams and the USA.  Mixon and Hendrickson did not practice and may miss Browns game.  There are other key names who may not play. 

Coach Taylor says the Bengals are still trying to Win at Cleveland, and he wants whoever plays to step up, do their jobs, and get the job done, because they are in The NFL on Bengals and he expects them to step up and win this game. 

I'm very glad Burrow will not be playing. I was hoping Mixon wouldn't either. Whoever the Bengals play in the Play-Offs, they will need Burrow and Mixon.  It's impossible to say who Bengals will play, but it's easy to say they will need Burrow and Mixon.

So this ends the question of will Burrow and other players rest against Cleveland.  Some of you may not like it, but that's OK.   Injured Joe Burrow is being held out by Coach Taylor so he can be as healthy as possible in the Play-Offs.  Joe Burrow has been playing through leg and throwing hand injuries, but it has been decided it would be silly to play him in this new added on week 18.  Bengals have already won the AFC North.  Had they lost to Chiefs, Burrow would have played to win the AFC North, but now it is not needed. 

Hendrickson doesn't have Covid. He's out due to a tough case of sack-streak‐ended depression.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
F' it, let's just call it 10 wins and forfeit the game, tell everyone to stay home. Travelling to Cleveland during this team outbreak is a horrible idea.
Reply/Quote