Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Burrow's Looking Good And Is About To EXPLODE!
The first reply to this will be "if he's about to explode, that's not good because we need a quarterback!"

I'm brain damaged and even I know that's an unoriginal and lame response!

Anyways, on to the topic.................

Apparently, Burrow has been looking as good as he has all year and feels as good he has all year!

Quote:"It's the best I've felt after a game, so I'm optimistic," Burrow told reporters.

When asked to clarify what felt better, he attributed that assessment to his improved mobility.

The Cardinals blitz at one of the lowest rates of NFL defenses, so that will obviously help if they stick to that.

Obviously, teams game plan for individual games, but they also don't want to do something that they don't do well, and their secondary is horrible, so blitzing people means less people to help the struggling pass defense, and Burrow could get the ball out quickly to Chase, and I saw Higgins could play Sunday and is listed as questionable!

The line is looking like it's finally figuring things out and could use this game as a confidence boost!

Since Palmer, people have always complained about our slow starts to seasons, but maybe it's just part of the Cinci curse.

Anyways, this could be the game to get us back on track!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
Brad, a lot of your posts bring me entertainment in some form or another. That said, after last week when you said the OL was going to "eat" and not only did they starve, they apparently threw up all over the field, well, I'm just going to have to temper my expectations of Joe exploding on the field this Sunday.

Don't get me wrong, I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope he does, but c'mon now.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 03:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Brad, a lot of your posts bring me entertainment in some form or another. That said, after last week when you said the OL was going to "eat" and not only did they starve, they apparently threw up all over the field, well, I'm just going to have to temper my expectations of Joe exploding on the field this Sunday.

Yeah, we will see Sunday... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 03:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Brad, a lot of your posts bring me entertainment in some form or another. That said, after last week when you said the OL was going to "eat" and not only did they starve, they apparently threw up all over the field, well, I'm just going to have to temper my expectations of Joe exploding on the field this Sunday.

Glad my posts give you some enjoyment! (I know what you meant.)

And sometimes it seems like this team could mess up a wet dream, but this one seems black and white to me.

Burrow feeling healthier and more mobile, plus a defense that doesn't blitz a whole lot, along with Higgins (probably) playing just gives me hope about this week.

I just looked and FantasyPros agrees with me and expects Burrow to go for 300+ with three touchdowns and we drop a 40 piece on the Cardinals.

This is more than just my usual fluff posts and I think this game could be our get-right game.
Reply/Quote
cant get excited to we see it during a game

Cardinals are not a cake walk team
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 03:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: cant get excited to we see it during a game

Cardinals are not a cake walk team

Yeah, I thought our get right game was going to be a few games back and then the tweaked calf happened and the Titans game happened...

Our 1 win was our Defense playing their asses off and they have been on the field all season it seems.

Will believe it when I see it, the Cards are way better than I thought they would be this year and we lose away and they win at home.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 03:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Glad my posts give you some enjoyment! (I know what you meant.)

And sometimes it seems like this team could mess up a wet dream, but this one seems black and white to me.

Burrow feeling healthier and more mobile, plus a defense that doesn't blitz a whole lot, along with Higgins (probably) playing just gives me hope about this week.

I just looked and FantasyPros agrees with me and expects Burrow to go for 300+ with three touchdowns and we drop a 40 piece on the Cardinals.

This is more than just my usual fluff posts and I think this game could be our get-right game.

Oh, I don't doubt this could be our 'get right' game. Cards do not have a good pass defense so if we get 100% Burrow then he very may well explode, but I'm also a somewhat superstitious guy and after seeing your last 'prediction' fail miserably, I worry that you just jinxed Joe. That's all I'm sayin.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow 2023 version is not you, and the Cardinals are not Andy Dalton in the locker room.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 04:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Oh, I don't doubt this could be our 'get right' game. Cards do not have a good pass defense so if we get 100% Burrow then he very may well explode, but I'm also a somewhat superstitious guy and after seeing your last 'prediction' fail miserably, I worry that you just jinxed Joe. That's all I'm sayin.

I try not to be superstitious, but even I picked us to lose to the Cards Sunday and I picked us to win every other game we lost.

So we just might win lmao
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 03:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This is more than just my usual fluff posts and I think this game could be our get-right game.

[Image: press-x-to-doubt-la-noir-original-meme-template.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'll believe it when I see it Sunday.
Prove it, Burrow!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Stats say that the Cards' defense is allowing 25 points per game, 374 total yards per game, and 5,8 yards per play. In other words, a mediocre defense. Can Zac and Burrow take advantage of this situation? Shall to be see. Stay stuned.
Reply/Quote
Well I swear he said the same thing after the Rams game, but we will see.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Brad, if you've been reading for the last week, you know Burrow will never heal, he'll never be the QB he was, and we should trade him for draft picks. How dare you show optimism and enthusiasm........ HOMER!!! Ninja
Reply/Quote
As always we'll see. Are his throwing mechanics fixed? Is he launching correctly off of the right leg? Is he moving correctly in the pocket?

The Titan game was a perfect storm of weird nonsense, from the defense repeatedly blowing coverages and missing tackles to Burrow having no awareness in the pocket to the OL having its first really poor outing of the year - and at that the weird play calling and Burrow being immobile and holding the ball made things a lot more difficult than they should have been. And the supposed excuse for the defense of the offense not moving wearing them out is inapplicable when the TOP was even when they imploded and let Tennessee score 21 points straight.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 03:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I just looked and FantasyPros agrees with me and expects Burrow to go for 300+ with three touchdowns and we drop a 40 piece on the Cardinals.

Interesting. Many of the fantasy podcasts and videos I watch say they are avoiding Burrow this week because he's too unpredictable and is not playing well.

Reply/Quote
Until I see Joe Burrow actually moving and throwing with some zip on the field all I hear is blah, blah, blah.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 04:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Brad, if you've been reading for the last week, you know Burrow will never heal, he'll never be the QB he was, and we should trade him for draft picks. How dare you show optimism and enthusiasm........ HOMER!!! Ninja

I've been wondering if it's all been one big joke and I'm the only one not in on it!

Burrow hasn't been healthy, so, because of a few bad games (where it obviously has been because he hasn't been 100%), people are saying he's done and calling for us to draft a QB.

Even if he's not 100% this season, will his body not heal itself with rest in the offseason, or are there no medical treatments or anything to help him out? 

All these posts make me think he has the football version of AIDS or something............

Based on the posts, I don't know if we could even get a 7th rounder for him.

I've honestly been wondering if I've been in the Twilight Zone or something because Burrow took us to back-to-back SBs with no offensive line and people suddenly want him gone?

I quit reading those threads because they just make me wonder if I'm too brain damaged to see the obvious or what.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 04:45 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Stats say that the Cards' defense is allowing 25 points per game, 374 total yards per game, and 5,8 yards per play. In other words, a mediocre defense. Can Zac and Burrow take advantage of this situation? Shall to be see. Stay stuned.

The Titans were a bad team before they got to play us. Their team stats before and after playing us.....

15.0 points per game scored  ---> 18.0 points per game scored
240 offensive yards per game  ---> 280 offensive yards per game

22.3 points per game allowed  ---> 17.5 points per game allowed
347 yards per game allowed  ---> 311 yards per game allowed

15 points per game on offense would make them the 29th scoring offense, but 18 makes them 23rd.
22.3 points per game allowed would make them the 17th scoring defense, but 17.5 makes them 8th.

- - - - - -

That's the problem with looking at averages and rankings this early for teams. Some teams get to play teams like The 2023 Bengals that absolutely make them look amazing, and some teams haven't yet.

It's not just that they're all super amazing that the Bengals have played the 5th, 3rd, 15th, and 8th scoring defenses. It's also because the Bengals offense is just terrible, and when you only score 3 offensive TDs all season, opposing defenses are going to look real good because of it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 03:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The first reply to this will be "if he's about to explode, that's not good because we need a quarterback!"

I'm brain damaged and even I know that's an unoriginal and lame response!

Anyways, on to the topic.................

Apparently, Burrow has been looking as good as he has all year and feels as good he has all year!

The Cardinals blitz at one of the lowest rates of NFL defenses, so that will obviously help if they stick to that.

Obviously, teams game plan for individual games, but they also don't want to do something that they don't do well, and their secondary is horrible, so blitzing people means less people to help the struggling pass defense, and Burrow could get the ball out quickly to Chase, and I saw Higgins could play Sunday and is listed as questionable!

The line is looking like it's finally figuring things out and could use this game as a confidence boost!

Since Palmer, people have always complained about our slow starts to seasons, but maybe it's just part of the Cinci curse.

Anyways, this could be the game to get us back on track!

WHO-DEY!

I'm glad you are Positive as opposed to all the Negative.  I hope you are right.  I have yet to see Burrow looking good this year, or the O Line looking like it is getting it together.  Nor do I see Higgins as still questionable on Friday afternoon as an upside.  

All road games are hard and Arizona will be no easy game.  I just hope Bengals win and Burrow doesn't injure himself even more.  Big difference between low contact practice and full contact games. 

If Bengals win, they could come home and beat Seattle and be back to 3-3 on season at bye week 7.   That is not a dominate record, but it is better than 2-4 or 1-5.   After last week, I'm not sure Burrow is healthy enough to start.  I'm starting to buy into those who said he should rest and let his injury fully heal.  However I'm glad you are Positive, not Negative.  I also want the Bengals to win this Sunday.  I am not one who throws in the towel, and starts talking NFL Draft with 12 games left in regular season.  

So GO BENGALS and beat Arizona.   I don't think it's going to be an easy road game, and Arizona could beat us, but I hope Bengals Win. Now if it is an easy game, I hope somebody tells Arizona, otherwise they will show up to win. I don't look for Bengals to explode and win 50 to 0 or anything, but I hope Bengals can just get out with a win.

Tiger 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote