Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow's New Farm!
[Image: 321118817_1625787841208934_2415357347522...e=63A6C187]

Hilarious

It's unreal that we have a quarterback that's this good and he's doing it all behind a shitty offensive line!

Imagine how good he'll be when we protect him!
Reply/Quote
For the millionth time the OL isn’t shitty anymore.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
If the title “Goat” went away forever it wouldn’t upset me one bit.
Reply/Quote
WTF??
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For the millionth time the OL isn’t shitty anymore.

I agree 100% they are average .. maybe a little above average. Burrows play style he's always gonna take some sacks...
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For the millionth time the OL isn’t shitty anymore.

What adjective would you use to describe the 19th ranked offensive line?

Quote:19. CINCINNATI BENGALS (DOWN 4) 

Projected Week 15 Starters:
LT Jonah Williams
LG Cordell Volson
Ted Karras
RG Alex Cappa
RT La’el Collins
  • Four of the five starters on this line allowed multiple pressures against the Browns, with Myles Garrett and Jadeveon Clowney ending the game with six pressures each.
  • Cincinnati’s line now ranks 28th in PFF pass-blocking grade and tends to be exposed whenever it faces an elite pass-rusher.
Upcoming Opponent: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • Tampa Bay has lost all of its significant pass-rushers to injury this season, with off-the-ball linebacker Devin White arguably their best remaining rush threat. 

This one has us at 22

Might not be AS BAD, but they're still pretty bad.
Reply/Quote

Our LT has been playing at an elite level lately. Our rookie LG has far exceeded most expectations. Our center is as solid as they come (and a fantastic leader). Our RG is really, really good. And although our RT struggles at times in pass protection he’s a complete mauler in run game.

To describe that unit as “shitty” is downright silly. And something I’d expect from casuals and outsiders who don’t closely follow this team.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Our LT has been playing at an elite level lately. Our rookie LG has far exceeded most expectations. Our center is as solid as they come (and a fantastic leader). Our RG is really, really good. And although our RT struggles at times in pass protection he’s a complete mauler in run game.

To describe that unit as “shitty” is downright silly. And something I’d expect from casuals and outsiders who don’t closely follow this team.

Didn't Romo say something yesterday about the Bengals might want to move on from Jonah?
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Didn't Romo say something yesterday about the Bengals might want to move on from Jonah?

Idk, Romo said a lot of dumb shit yesterday. I lost track.

He spent 99% of the broadcast fellating Tom Brady.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What adjective would you use to describe the 19th ranked offensive line?

This one has us at 22

Might not be AS BAD, but they're still pretty bad.

Yeah, if you want to believe that, I have some ocean front property in South Dakota I will sell you...
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk, Romo said a lot of dumb shit yesterday. I lost track.

He spent 99% of the broadcast fellating Tom Brady.

I know he made me scratch my head a few times....
Reply/Quote

You're right. They started off really rough but you can see the improvement here late in the season. If you want even more confirmation, you can plot out pressure percentage. It has been gradually trending down as the season goes on. The "offensive line is shit" narrative stems from those rough first six weeks, mainly. 

[Image: tUP68zi.png]
Reply/Quote
I did hear Romo say Jonah has given up the most sacks in the nfl. Not sure how accurate that is as he just talks to hear himself.
Reply/Quote
This is the best line we have had in years
Reply/Quote

He's only been sacked 8 times in the last 6 games. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Yeah I bet if you do the last 8 games our OL would definitely be in the upper half of the league
I feel like Burrow let's himself get sacked on 3rd down to try and make a play (unless we're in FG range). I definitely wouldn't say we have a shitty or even bad OL
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:18 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: If the title “Goat” went away forever it wouldn’t upset me one bit.

Remember when it was a negative?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 12:01 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Remember when it was a negative?

Yep. I also remember when it was basically reserved for those who were considered what it’s actually an acronym of. Now some random player has 4 good games and people are like “what a GOAT!”
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:55 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I did hear Romo say Jonah has given up the most sacks in the nfl. Not sure how accurate that is as he just talks to hear himself.

I believe 5 of them came in the first 2 weeks though. He had a rookie LG next to him, Burrow wasn’t 100% yet, and we played a couple of the nastiest pass rushing teams in the league. It was the perfect storm. He also played through the knee injury at one point. And ofc Garrett just always abuses Jonah, but he does that to most LT’s.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 01:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I believe 5 of them came in the first 2 weeks though. He had a rookie LG next to him, Burrow wasn’t 100% yet, and we played a couple of the nastiest pass rushing teams in the league. It was the perfect storm. He also played through the knee injury at one point. And ofc Garrett just always abuses Jonah, but he does that to most LT’s.

Anyway, there's another guy that's given up 3 more sacks than Jonah.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote