Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burrow's decision making has been terrible
Literally it's sad how he rarely ever targets one of the best receivers on the team in Boyd, he tries to force it to Chase and Tee half of the time when Boyd has been open more times than not. Some of his decision making has been Dalton-esque, at least Dalton knew when to throw it away. I think a lot of the sacks he takes too is because he holds onto the ball a lot trying to play hero ball. He really needs to clean up these dumb throws he makes it's getting frustrating at this point.
Reply/Quote
Boyd has 55 targets, only two less than Tee. He is receiving 19.5% of the teams attempts this season, roughly the same amount as he received last season (19.4%).
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 07:39 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Boyd has 55 targets, only two less than Tee. He is receiving 19.5% of the teams attempts this season, roughly the same amount as he received last season (19.4%).

Shhh. Facts kill narratives. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah he definitely needs to clean up some stuff. I've really thought that our offense or at least passing attack should go thru Boyd and target him early and often and let that open things up for Chase and Higgins. I want to say Burrow is really focusing in on Chase and Higgins. But I think Taylor is focusing on Chase as well with how many runs and screens we throw to him with not very good results. I think the explosive plays have helped this team but now we're just pushing them and struggling when they don't come. Boyd only getting 2 targets is just ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 07:27 PM)Trademark Wrote: Literally it's sad how he rarely ever targets one of the best receivers on the team in Boyd, he tries to force it to Chase and Tee half of the time when Boyd has been open more times than not. Some of his decision making has been Dalton-esque, at least Dalton knew when to throw it away. I think a lot of the sacks he takes too is because he holds onto the ball a lot trying to play hero ball. He really needs to clean up these dumb throws he makes it's getting frustrating at this point.

We are still targeting Boyd but has lessened agree over last 5 games , he had 3 games of 5 3 2 targets and I was at game yesterday and saw a few times Boyd open and we seemed to force the ball to others.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 07:40 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Shhh. Facts kill narratives. 

Yeah, like how Higgins missed two games and still has more targets.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 07:39 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Boyd has 55 targets, only two less than Tee. He is receiving 19.5% of the teams attempts this season, roughly the same amount as he received last season (19.4%).

Boyd has had a few high target games. 2 less than Tee with his two missed games. I mean Drew Sample had more targets than Boyd on sunday and there was atleast 2 other games where Boyd only had 1 more target than Sample. We all know what a dynamic playmaker sample is but that's still a little ridiculous. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 07:52 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Boyd has had a few high target games. 2 less than Tee with his two missed games. I mean Drew Sample had more targets than Boyd on sunday and there was atleast 2 other games where Boyd only had 1 more target than Sample. We all know what a dynamic playmaker sample is but that's still a little ridiculous. 

Yeah, his high target games were definitely early on but he is still receiving the same percentage if targets as he did last year, which was really my point. He is receiving 19.5% this year and he received 19.4% this year. I wonder if the complaint is more “Boyd isn’t as successful as he was last year” rather than “Boyd isn’t being targeted”.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 07:49 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yeah, like how Higgins missed two games and still has more targets.

The point of my post was really the percentage of total attempts. Boyd is receiving the same % of targets this year that he did last year.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 07:58 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The point of my post was really the percentage of total attempts. Boyd is receiving the same % of targets this year that he did last year.

What were his targets w/Burrow, Allen and Finely? And last year, they won 4 games so maybe try something different.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 08:00 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: What were his targets w/Burrow, Allen and Finely? And last year, they won 4 games so maybe try something different.

This is a good point. At this point last season, Boyd was receiving 8.8 targets per game. This year, he is seeing a little over six targets per game. Roughly 33% less.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 07:57 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, his high target games were definitely early on but he is still receiving the same percentage if targets as he did last year, which was really my point. He is receiving 19.5% this year and he received 19.4% this year. I wonder if the complaint is more “Boyd isn’t as successful as he was last year” rather than “Boyd isn’t being targeted”.

I get your point but that percentage is on the season and the high target games are definitely skewing the #'s. He's successful when targeted. At this point in his career that shouldn't even be a question. 
Reply/Quote
I've noticed it, (Boyd) but I haven't paid close enough attention to why it is the case.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Wait I thought people were mad out TE’s weren’t involved? Now they are and those targets have to come from somewhere. Add in the other two young receivers and less passing in general and the target share across the board was always going to drop a bit, although it hasn’t as a percentage. Taylor said in two of the sacks Boyd was the intended target so it wasn’t that they have forgotten him. There was an additional target where it was under thrown as Burrow was under pressure that looked like PI potentially.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 07:49 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yeah, like how Higgins missed two games and still has more targets.

Burrow has a 107.7 passer rating when targeting Chase, an 89.1 passer rating when targeting Higgins, and a 78.0 passer rating when targeting Boyd.  That should pretty well dictate the target share amongst the WR's.  

Burrow has also likely lost some trust in Boyd due to miscommunications on option routes and hot reads.  You hardly ever see those issues with Tee and Chase.  It's hard for the QB to have confidence if he can't trust the WR to be where he thinks he should be.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 08:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: Burrow has a 107.7 passer rating when targeting Chase, an 89.1 passer rating when targeting Higgins, and a 78.0 passer rating when targeting Boyd.  That should pretty well dictate the target share amongst the WR's.  

Burrow has also likely lost some trust in Boyd due to miscommunications on option routes and hot reads.  You hardly ever see those issues with Tee and Chase.  It's hard for the QB to have confidence if he can't trust the WR to be where he thinks he should be.

The last 2 games Burrow has 2 interceptions targeting Chase. Also we're wasting targets on Tee "can't make a tough catch" Higgins. I'm kidding on that last part. Look I know Chase obviously has the big play ability at another level than Boyd but that didn't do a dang thing for us on Sunday. Boyd has been forced to be our #1 WR in the past and he's proven himself to be a top slot WR in this league. So for us not to be targeting him more is just inexcusable. If Burrow has lost trust in Boyd than maybe he's a turd and we need to move on.
Reply/Quote

Ill-informed nonsense as per usual from the OP.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 09:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ill-informed nonsense as per usual from the OP.

It's not ill informed nonsense. Boyd had 2 targets yesterday and Drew Sample had 3. No matter how you slice it that's a problem. Sometimes stats don't tell the whole story as I think its been very lopsided game to game rather than a consistent weekly average.
Reply/Quote
I was at the game, it wasn't pretty
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 09:38 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: It's not ill informed nonsense. Boyd had 2 targets yesterday and Drew Sample had 3. No matter how you slice it that's a problem. Sometimes stats don't tell the whole story as I think its been very lopsided game to game rather than a consistent weekly average.

I’d rather not see Sample getting more targets than anyone, but Boyd only having 2 doesn’t necessarily mean it was a bad game plan. He only had 3 against Detroit, and we blew them out.

Reply/Quote