Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow's injury
(12-06-2021, 09:04 PM)Tony Wrote:  Burrow isn't Derek Carr.... I bet you Burrow balls out.. 1 thing about this team , they get pissed after a loss like this.. I could see them winning the next 2, if Reiff and Hopkins are back...

1 thing about this team, is they are unpredictable and inconsistent. A recipe for a superbowl win.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 03:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Update for PDJ:

"Just left 30 minutes of practice open to media. Burrow did what you would want to see. Threw a few long, short with a little force, mid-range with touch. No tape/glove.

Didn’t take part in every drill, but clearly enough to feel good about where the pinky is at for Sunday."

Fantastic news, thanks Weezy. Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 05:14 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: 1 thing about this team, is they are unpredictable and inconsistent. A recipe for a superbowl win.

Recipe for a playoff win, maybe. I have no doubt that they can play with pretty much anyone in the league. I’m just not confident in their ability to string together the 3-4 victories in a row against good teams that it would take to win the Super Bowl.

Hopefully they can flip the narrative over the last month+ and gain some consistency.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 05:25 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Recipe for a playoff win, maybe. I have no doubt that they can play with pretty much anyone in the league. I’m just not confident in their ability to string together the 3-4 victories in a row against good teams that it would take to win the Super Bowl.

Hopefully they can flip the narrative over the last month+ and gain some consistency.

They are so damn inconsistent you cannot have any faith in them playing well week to week. Weird.

We were imposing our will on the Chargers in the middle of that game and I thought we were going to win and then bang, the 
ball just gets poked out of Mixon's hands and goes for a defensive TD and the game was pretty much over. It was just a strange
game, our DL played very well, you wouldn't think this could ever be the case when you give up 34 points on D.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 05:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They are so damn inconsistent you cannot have any faith in them playing well week to week. Weird.

We were imposing our will on the Chargers in the middle of that game and I thought we were going to win and then bang, the 
ball just gets poked out of Mixon's hands and goes for a defensive TD and the game was pretty much over. It was just a strange
game, our DL played very well, you wouldn't think this could ever be the case when you give up 35 points on D.

The Bengals have been bad based on two key things this year: 

Turnovers and matching up against quality defensive lines. These are their Achilles hill.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 05:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Bengals have been bad based on two key things this year: 

Turnovers and matching up against quality defensive lines. These are their Achilles hill.

Agree, which is why losing Reiff and Hopkins hurt us so bad against the Chargers. I think Burrow will eventually stop throwing
those head scratching interceptions every week and Mixon doesn't fumble often so they might be able to fix these things as long
as the OL can stay healthy. But no chance if we are hurt on the OL unless the backups all of a sudden play well under Pollack's 
tutelage. Those penalties on Hill and Prince were killers on top of their poor play.

Good thing we probably have better refs in the Niner game. Hochuli's crew is terrible man.
Reply/Quote