Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow's surgery
It was today, right? Any news?
Reply/Quote
I'm sure we'll hear it was a "success".... What else can they really say.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
“We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster.”

- Oscar Goldman
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 04:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: “We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster.”

- Oscar Goldman

A few more years with a questionable O-line and he won't even be made out of the same parts he was when the Bengals drafted him. The Ship of Theseus.   Ninja

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 04:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: “We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster.”

- Oscar Goldman

$6M wont come close to buying a franchise QB these days....

[Image: screen-shot-2023-03-07-at-2.06.57-pm.png?w=972]

Reply/Quote
I hope it went well. Also hoping for a clear timeline. Hearing that he'll be ready for OTAs sounds a lot different after the surgery than before. You can say anything before. Gotta be (slightly) more realistic and accountable after.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 04:51 PM)tms Wrote: I hope it went well. Also hoping for a clear timeline. Hearing that he'll be ready for OTAs sounds a lot different after the surgery than before. You can say anything before. Gotta be (slightly) more realistic and accountable after.

He'll be ready just in time to give ZT an excuse for a slow start in 2024. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 05:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He'll be ready just in time to give ZT an excuse for a slow start in 2024. Ninja

Ah man don't give him any ideas lol
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 05:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He'll be ready just in time to give ZT an excuse for a slow start in 2024. Ninja

Year 1...imagine how much better Joe would be if he had a normal off-season and training camp without COVID...then he tears the ACL
Year 2...if he is this good after ACL rehab imagine how much better he will be with a normal off-season and training camp
Year 3...finally a normal off-season and training camp for Joe imagine how good he is going to be...not so fast says his ruptured appendix
Year 4...this is finally a normal off-season and training camp for Joe...this offense will be so good...oops you got optimistic again says the calf
Year 5.... is a normal off-season and training camp....Joey B is rehabbing again

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 06:43 PM)pally Wrote: Year 1...imagine how much better Joe would be if he had a normal off-season and training camp without COVID...then he tears the ACL
Year 2...if he is this good after ACL rehab imagine how much better he will be with a normal off-season and training camp
Year 3...finally a normal off-season and training camp for Joe imagine how good he is going to be...not so fast says his ruptured appendix
Year 4...this is finally a normal off-season and training camp for Joe...this offense will be so good...oops you got optimistic again says the calf
Year 5.... is a normal off-season and training camp....Joey B is rehabbing again

Starting to remind me of Homer Bailey. Great early success, signs huge contract and then gets a severe injury. Or, is he just an updated version of "Man of Glass" Eifert. Either way, Burrow's trajectory is starting worry me.
Reply/Quote
Man just compared a top 2 QB to Homer Bailey… :lmao:

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 07:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man just compared a top 2 QB to Homer Bailey… LMAO
I guess time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 07:24 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I guess time will tell. (and no way Burrow is a top 2 QB)

He was for the past couple years. But even if you want to just say top 5, Homer Bailey is still a ridiculous comparison.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 07:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was for the past couple years. But even if you want to just say top 5, Homer Bailey is still a ridiculous comparison.

Maybe you should research the history. Bailey pitched a no-hitter at age 24 and is only one of seven pitchers in the history of the MLB to pitch 2 no-hitters. Considered to be a young elite pitcher the Reds signed him to a $100 million + contract. He then fell apart physically making the contract one of the worst of all time. Starting to see any similarities?

Of course, you may prefer to use the Andrew Luck comparison.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 04:37 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: A few more years with a questionable O-line and he won't even be made out of the same parts he was when the Bengals drafted him. The Ship of Theseus.   Ninja

you can;t really blame issues this year calf and wrist on the line, this just seems to become the tired narrative whenever Burrow is injured, besides every given sunday a QB is being hit multiple times... it part of the game
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 07:42 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Maybe you should research the history. Bailey pitched a no-hitter at age 24 and is only one of seven pitchers in the history of the MLB to pitch 2 no-hitters. Considered to be a young elite pitcher the Reds signed him to a $100 million + contract. He then fell apart physically making the contract one of the worst of all time. Starting to see any similarities?

Of course, you may prefer to use the Andrew Luck comparison.

He was never one of the very best pitchers in the entire league for multiple seasons. The comparison is terrible.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 07:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: you can;t really blame issues this year calf and wrist on the line, this just seems to become the tired narrative whenever Burrow is injured, besides every given sunday a QB is being hit multiple times... it part of the game

Yes but what other franchise is asking there injured immobile QB to go and throw it twice as much as they run? Please no one say KC because Mahomes was hardly immobile. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 07:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was never one of the very best pitchers in the entire league for multiple seasons. The comparison is terrible.

Maybe so, but Burrow's yearly physical ordeals are troubling. In no way am I implying it's Joe's fault but, if he can't be on the field, he can't become a great QB. It's hard to combat misfortune.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 07:58 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yes but what other franchise is asking there injured immobile QB to go and throw it twice as much as they run? Please no one say KC because Mahomes was hardly immobile. 

but again injuries this year have little to nothing to do with the Oline...we can debate pass/run but that discussion is not relative to this year injuries. He hurt his calf on his own in preseason, wrist in just playing the game and was healthy
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 08:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: but again injuries this year have little to nothing to do with the Oline...we can debate pass/run but that discussion is not relative to this year injuries. He hurt his calf on his own in preseason, wrist in just playing the game and was healthy

Okay I think I walked in on the middle of that debate. I think the oline has been adequate this year. I do still hope we try and improve it this offseason.
Reply/Quote