Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow says Thad Moss will be a big part of the team
(08-31-2021, 05:35 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: And he was cut.

What a way to make your franchise QB angry
Reply/Quote
Panic panic panic!!!

Third tight end. Whatever.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:54 PM)Trademark Wrote: What a way to make your franchise QB angry

People are literally inventing things to worry about now. This is like the “Burrow might refuse to come here” crap. Give him more credit than that. He’s not going to hold a grudge against the team because we cut his undrafted college TE.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
What Joe was referring to is that Thad will be a big part of the team in making the sandwiches for an after practice snack for the guys...
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:54 PM)Trademark Wrote: What a way to make your franchise QB angry

What was Burrow supposed to say? “Nah we gonna cut that scrub.”
Reply/Quote

Am I going to win the lottery tomorrow?

Since you're psychic and all...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:49 AM)Trademark Wrote:

Burrow want's all LSU players. To bad Whitworth left before he got here
Reply/Quote

Burrow has no right to be angry, and there is no evidence that he is angry.
Reply/Quote

Burrow is a professional and appears to be very levelheaded.  I'm sure he may be a bit disappointed that his old teammate didn't make the team but I'm also sure he understands the way professional football works. 

He isn't like you, who gets mad and quits on the team during the first game of the season after the Bengals first punt.   Then quits multiple times throughout the season.   Ninja

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 06:21 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Burrow is a professional and appears to be very levelheaded.  I'm sure he may be a bit disappointed that his old teammate didn't make the team but I'm also sure he understands the way professional football works. 

He isn't like you, who gets mad and quits on the team during the first game of the season after the Bengals first punt.   Then quits multiple times throughout the season.   Ninja

Lol, good stuff George. Smirk
Reply/Quote
I need to confess - I thought this team was giving Burrow too much of a voice in personnel decisions. Today indicates otherwise. It'll take years to know whether it was the "right" move, but it was still good to see.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 04:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep.

Dammit. I told you all Wilcox needed to be on this team. 

I just wish they had cut Sample and kept Moss.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

I'd bet money Burrow wasn't "angry" that he got cut. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 06:21 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Burrow is a professional and appears to be very levelheaded.  I'm sure he may be a bit disappointed that his old teammate didn't make the team but I'm also sure he understands the way professional football works. 

The only thing i would change about this post is, i would leave out the ninja emoji.   Cool

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 08:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dammit. I told you all Wilcox needed to be on this team. 

You were right and I actually feel the same honestly. Moss is a better route runner and more of a weapon than Drew Sample.

And I don't dislike Drew at all, he is just a plodder at TE. Good blocker, I just think the coaches don't want to admit they were 
wrong about the Drew Sample pick or at least where they took him. Simmons in the end must like Sample on ST's better than 
Moss though, he is the guy that makes the final calls on cut day. He liked Wilcox on ST's as he should. Good ST'er got him over
the hump.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 08:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You were right and I actually feel the same honestly. Moss is a better route runner and more of a weapon than Drew Sample.

And I don't dislike Drew at all, he is just a plodder at TE. Good blocker, I just think the coaches don't want to admit they were 
wrong about the Drew Sample pick or at least where they took him. Simmons in the end must like Sample on ST's better than 
Moss though, he is the guy that makes the final calls on cut day. He liked Wilcox on ST's as he should. Good ST'er got him over
the hump.

Moss is undersized as a TE in the NFL. No way they give up Sample for him. And I was rooting for Moss so I'm not hating on him, it is what it is. I hope he makes the practice squad, which I assume he will unless claimed.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 06:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Am I going to win the lottery tomorrow?

Since you're psychic and all...

No. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 08:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dammit. I told you all Wilcox needed to be on this team. 

(08-31-2021, 08:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You were right and I actually feel the same honestly. Moss is a better route runner and more of a weapon than Drew Sample.

Drew Sample if cut would have $1m in dead cap space. It's not 100% the case, but you can generally follow the guaranteed money to determine the Bengals roster for cuts.

It's actually why I was surprised Jordan was cut since he had $240k in dead cap.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Pheeeeeeew..... the LSU Bengals are no more. After Chase's play, the coaches probably got cold feet on Moss, even though he was doing well. Now on a serious note, let's hop Zac & Callahan finally put our TEs to use to decimate defenses. Using TE just to block is not gonna win you that many games. The number of games lost due to division rival's TE's wide open to score a winning TD are too many & painful to look back to.
Reply/Quote
Moss was deep sixed
Joe Brady is still in Carolina
Chase is here but brought the dropsies

The Posse isn’t shaping up like Joe envisioned.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote