Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow sets another rookie record
(10-04-2020, 05:53 PM)maclanta Wrote: He pretty much has only one INT on the year (since that one from today is definitely on Sample)... and he’s making really good decisions with the ball.  His timing with teammates will only get better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not Sample or Burrow's fault.  Credit Myles Jack with the takeaway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Makes you wonder,if Burrow had a clean pocket to throw from the majority of the time,as to what he would actually be capable of doing.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:22 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Makes you wonder,if Burrow had a clean pocket to throw from the majority of the time,as to what he would actually be capable of doing.

My answer would be...the sky's the limit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hoping we are gonna find out.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes

The only thing I had against Herbert was his decision making at times. He seemed to hit the panic button and/or try to force stuff to much.

And that could still end up being an issue for him. Most of the highlights I’ve seen he has guys running wide open. The big arm is nice and all, but I’m more impressed with our guy dropping dimes into such tight spots.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not Sample or Burrow's fault.  Credit Myles Jack with the takeaway.

Absolutely was Sample’s fault.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Crazy thing is: Herbert missed it by throwing for 290 today

Herbert also lost the game...

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:22 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Makes you wonder,if Burrow had a clean pocket to throw from the majority of the time,as to what he would actually be capable of doing.

If only we ever get to see it.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not Sample or Burrow's fault.  Credit Myles Jack with the takeaway.

Myles jack definitely gets credit... but Sample needs to control that ball so it doesn’t happen.

I’m actually pleased with Sample’s improvement. I think he will continue to get better. And I think we have to trust that Joe is throwing it to him, so not as bad as the fans believe it to be.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:34 PM)Destro Wrote: If only we ever get to see it.

Saw it today.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:35 PM)maclanta Wrote: Myles jack definitely gets credit... but Sample needs to control that ball so it doesn’t happen.

I’m actually pleased with Sample’s improvement. I think he will continue to get better. And I think we have to trust that Joe is throwing it to him, so not as bad as the fans believe it to be.

That was one of the many fluke plays that only happens to us and never to anyone else; I'm amazed it wasn't the Stoolers disguised as the Jags on that play.

- His back is turned.
- He has no beat on the ball
- He sticks up his arms blindly
- Sample catches it cleanly
- Jack just takes it away, flukily

I HATE plays like that and I'm so sick of seeing them happen to us.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is not showing elite arm strength, not yet. But, he carries himself like a winner and love how he is progressing/ As for the old give him a clean pocket, you give any NFL QB an clean pocket all of the rime with a bunch of skilled receivers and RB's, they will look awesome.

Nice win today, but man our defense is really bad.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That was one of the many fluke plays that only happens to us and never to anyone else; I'm amazed it wasn't the Stoolers disguised as the Jags on that play.

- His back is turned.
- He has no beat on the ball
- He sticks up his arms blindly
- Sample catches it cleanly
- Jack just takes it away, flukily

I HATE plays like that and I'm so sick of seeing them happen to us.

All but the bold is true.

It ricocheted off of Sample's face mask before his hands ever touched it.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:50 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: All but the bold is true.

It ricocheted off of Sample's face mask before his hands ever touched it.

Still had it though; it may have bounced off, but Jack stole it from his hands.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Joe Burrow becomes first rookie QB in NFL history to have three consecutive 300 yard games. - Jay Morrison

you do know that   Herbert just set rookie record i believe in most yards first  3 game starting...
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: you do know that   Herbert just set rookie record i believe in most yards first  3 game starting...

Different stat.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Saw it today.

You said majority of the time. This line still needs work.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:50 PM)McC Wrote: And lest we forget, he basically just handed off for the 4th quarter.

Good.  Poor guy shouldnt have to carry the team alone.  It's about time the running game showed up.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:14 PM)motoarch Wrote: Good.  Poor guy shouldnt have to carry the team alone.  It's about time the running game showed up.

Absolutely.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:10 PM)Destro Wrote: You said majority of the time. This line still needs work.

Um...

I said, "Saw it Today," I believe.
Reply/Quote