Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow sets another rookie record
(10-04-2020, 08:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Um...

I said, "Saw it Today," I believe.

Yeah, I just saying didn't see it, for the O-line, for the majority of the time...just some of the time. When given time, he did very well, in my opinion. I think, that what I saw, didn't see him with a clean pocket the majority of the time. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes

The only thing I had against Herbert was his decision making at times. He seemed to hit the panic button and/or try to force stuff to much.

That pick in the 4th with a couple minutes left was bad bad. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Burrow is not showing elite arm strength, not yet. But, he carries himself like a winner and love how he is progressing/ As for the old give him a clean pocket, you give any NFL QB an clean pocket all of the rime with a bunch of skilled receivers and RB's, they will look awesome.

Nice win today, but man our defense is really bad.

Burrow will never have elite arm strength but his anticipation, timing and accuracy more than makes up for it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 01:22 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Burrow will never have elite arm strength but his anticipation, timing and accuracy more than makes up for it. 

Absolutely. Some of the windows that Burrow is throwing into are incredible. All of what you said allows him to do it and it is so impressive.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 01:22 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Burrow will never have elite arm strength but his anticipation, timing and accuracy more than makes up for it. 

When I was 15 I threw harder and farther than Joe Montana but that whole anticipation, timing and accuracy thing was a bit of an issue. He may have been the best ever at all three but threw lots of rainbows because of touch, not weakness.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hopefully we're part of the next generation's best QB debates for a long time

A lot of us thought we were in that debate back in '05 with Palmer.  It was gonna be between palmer, big ben and eli manning.  Of course those latter two have 2 rings a piece and the former never even won a playoff game with us
Reply/Quote
To the arm strength topic, I think I posted this during the draft but in reality there are about 5 guys in the league with "elite" arm strength. Those guys can actually make throws other guys can not consitently (opposite hash 10 yard out/14 yard come back for example). After that everyone else can essentially make all the same throws with very little difference. When you fall below that "everyone else" baseline then you are discussing guys who simply can't play in the NFL (Think Kellen Moore). People make too much of a point about arm strength, in reality it is either elite or it isn't if you are in the NFL and actually playing.

Side note, before anyone comes in with velocity stats or other random things showing there are variations in speed. It doesn't make a difference in success at all outside of those guys that I mentioned can actually make throws that others can't because it completley changes how a CB plays knowing a throw can be made that usually can't be.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is great but I think it is clear we have moved into a more offensive era of the NFL (or else defenses were hit harder by a lack of preseason -- or maybe both). Point averages are up. Passing yards per game are up. Look at all the teams that scored 31 points yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 08:57 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Burrow is great but I think it is clear we have moved into a more offensive era of the NFL (or else defenses were hit harder by a lack of preseason -- or maybe both). Point averages are up. Passing yards per game are up. Look at all the teams that scored 31 points yesterday.

Sure, but it's also not as if they haven't been high scoring for a while now.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 08:50 AM)Au165 Wrote: To the arm strength topic, I think I posted this during the draft but in reality there are about 5 guys in the league with "elite" arm strength. Those guys can actually make throws other guys can not consitently (opposite hash 10 yard out/14 yard come back for example). After that everyone else can essentially make all the same throws with very little difference. When you fall below that "everyone else" baseline then you are discussing guys who simply can't play in the NFL (Think Kellen Moore). People make too much of a point about arm strength, in reality it is either elite or it isn't if you are in the NFL and actually playing.

Side note, before anyone comes in with velocity stats or other random things showing there are variations in speed. It doesn't make a difference in success at all outside of those guys that I mentioned can actually make throws that others can't because it completley changes how a CB plays knowing a throw can be made that usually can't be.

Just out of curiosity, would Chad Pennington have been an outlier of the bold?

He may have had arguably the weakest arm in the 2000s-now and he did have a decent amount of success in the league.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:35 PM)maclanta Wrote: Myles jack definitely gets credit... but Sample needs to control that ball so it doesn’t happen.

I’m actually pleased with Sample’s improvement.  I think he will continue to get better.  And I think we have to trust that Joe is throwing it to him, so not as bad as the fans believe it to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He had 2 TDs go right through his hands.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 01:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Just out of curiosity, would Chad Pennington have been an outlier of the bold?

He may have had arguably the weakest arm in the 2000s-now and he did have a decent amount of success in the league.

I have always heard the stories of his arm strength but have never gone back and watched any real tape on him other than occasional clips. It's tough to say if his arm strength was really that bad or if it was more group-think around his arm strength. 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 01:41 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: When I was 15 I threw harder and farther than Joe Montana but that whole anticipation, timing and accuracy thing was a bit of an issue. He may have been the best ever at all three but threw lots of rainbows because of touch, not weakness.

Same here.  When I was 15, I had a 75 MPH fastball. But there was no chance at all I was ever going to be a pitcher in the majors.  Arm strength alone isn't everything.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:02 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Im troubled by the lack of separation by the receivers

Auden Tate on pace for a whopping 220 yards on the season.
AJ Green on pace for 476.

Higgins on pace for 608, but he's been seeing a steady increase each week, so I would expect him to be 700+ by end of year unless someone else cuts into his targets. Respectable for a WR2.

Boyd on pace for a great 1280 yards. He's the true WR1 right now. Higgins is WR2. Green WR3, Tate WR4.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 06:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

And he's just getting started. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote