Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Burrow ternding in the right direction...
(09-25-2023, 12:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My question is this...

If he continues tweaking his calf every other week...does it set back the actual time it takes for him to get to 100%?

I know that may be a dumb question, but I don't know the answer to it and I feel like it's a pretty important question. If the calf takes the same amount of time to get to 100% tweaking or no tweaking, then I'd say continue to play him.

No. Every ‘tweak’ is a re-injury of the muscle. Calf issues can be nagging recurring injuries. 
Reply/Quote
The way the rest of the division is ternding the Bengals could possibly lose the next 5 games and still make the playoffs!   Who Dey
Imagine if they go just 4-13 win the division and make the playoffs and win the super bowl.. That would be a kick in the nuts to the rest of the division..lol ImI'm almost rooting for that to happen..all of Pissburgs past super bowls straight down the toilet.. Hilarious  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 12:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: I feel like Burrow has a little Big Ben in him... Was he exaggerating his limp at the end of the last game?

Like everyone was saying, now as of under an hour ago (3:30 now), it looks like he's trending towards playing.

I love that he's going to give it a go and I hope we can get behind the home crowd and that lets the line get a push and we can establish the run game. Keep as much pressure off of Joe as possible.

The crowd will also hopefully fire up the defense and we can keep them off the field as much as possible.

Someone offered me a lot of money for my tickets or I'd be there going crazy.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 12:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: IF (not saying it will happen) Bengals end up losing and big reason is because of poor offense due to him being limited or reaggravating again, there will be A LOT of scrutiny by media/fans for allowing him to play when he wasn't fully ready.

Not to necessarily call Jake Browning a sacrificial lamb, but would it be better to put him in there tonight to deal with Donald?
Maybe I just have PTSD from 2020 Commanders game with Jonathan Allen just blowing through Michael Jordan.

The offense is better with Joe throwing left handed than with Browning.
If we lose tonight, the season isn’t over, but the margin for the rest of the year is razor thin.
There are difference makers on about 10 defenses now, can’t bubble wrap here and there. Our best chance to win is with Joe, hobbled or not. Now if there is a larger chance to reinjure, then yeah sit him. But if that was the case then they already screwed the pooch by letting him play week 1 and 2.
If he is wanting to play, let him play. We have to win.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 12:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: IF (not saying it will happen) Bengals end up losing and big reason is because of poor offense due to him being limited or reaggravating again, there will be A LOT of scrutiny by media/fans for allowing him to play when he wasn't fully ready.

Not to necessarily call Jake Browning a sacrificial lamb, but would it be better to put him in there tonight to deal with Donald?
Maybe I just have PTSD from 2020 Commanders game with Jonathan Allen just blowing through Michael Jordan.

While hindsight is 20/20, there should already be plenty of scrutiny. They've come out and admitted that the (already lackluster) playcalling was hamstrung by Burrow's calf. Again, it's easy to say now that we're already 0-2, but it probably would have made more sense to start Burrow on the PUP list. The QB2 already had all the reps during the preseason with the 1s, and little to no tape for opponents to study. Browning might have been able to guide us to a win or two and give Burrow another month. Now we're in a no-man's-land of Burrow never getting closer to 100% but needing to throw him out there because our season is on the verge of being lost in the first quarter of the season. 

Edit: Good news is I sat him in Fantasy Football. 6TDs incoming tonight.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 04:59 PM)CottonHill Wrote: The offense is better with Joe throwing left handed than with Browning.
If we lose tonight, the season isn’t over, but the margin for the rest of the year is razor thin.
There are difference makers on about 10 defenses now, can’t bubble wrap here and there. Our best chance to win is with Joe, hobbled or not. Now if there is a larger chance to reinjure, then yeah sit him. But if that was the case then they already screwed the pooch by letting him play week 1 and 2.

Agree with this. It is a risk if there's a sizeable chance of doing worse damage, but if Burrow isn't really fully ready to go, then we might not be that far off sitting him for most of the season anyway. If he's hobbling through the next 2-3 games and we aren't winning, we wouldn't be that far from realistically giving up the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 05:14 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: While hindsight is 20/20, there should already be plenty of scrutiny. They've come out and admitted that the (already lackluster) playcalling was hamstrung by Burrow's calf. Again, it's easy to say now that we're already 0-2, but it probably would have made more sense to start Burrow on the PUP list. The QB2 already had all the reps during the preseason with the 1s, and little to no tape for opponents to study. Browning might have been able to guide us to a win or two and give Burrow another month. Now we're in a no-man's-land of Burrow never getting closer to 100% but needing to throw him out there because our season is on the verge of being lost in the first quarter of the season. 

Edit: Good news is I sat him in Fantasy Football. 6TDs incoming tonight.

Pup list was not an option, he was injured during a training camp practice. After Final cuts, he could have gone on IR and been eligible to return to practice after 4 regular season games. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 05:14 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Edit: Good news is I sat him in Fantasy Football. 6TDs incoming tonight.

Ahhh.... So you do know how fantasy football works. LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 04:59 PM)CottonHill Wrote: The offense is better with Joe throwing left handed than with Browning.

Well he has thrown right handed and lost last 2. We have no idea how Browning would do. But it's up to Burrow if he plays subpar 3 straight games the. We might need to to rest him and play Browning next week.
Reply/Quote
I’d be gobsmacked if he didn’t go out there and at least try give it a go tonight.

All this cloak and dagger stuff from Taylor is pathetic at this point.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Either way Mixon needs 35 carries. Anything less than 30 is a bad coaching job. At least with Burrow it gives the allusion that we might throw. I don’t see a W in any scenario, if we play like we did the past 2 weeks.
Reply/Quote