Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow to start running
Great to hear Joe
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 12:07 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yo, who pissed in your Wheaties?

He’s hated me since the day he joined here. Apparently I was too mean to Andy or something.

Reply/Quote
Really love his attitude there. Keep on going kid!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 12:07 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yo, who pissed in your Wheaties?

Cosmo gets too emotional when discussing QBs, which is the Nancy reference. He blamed Dalton for almost everything, got upset when I tried to tell him that Dalton wasn't the problem and now he suddenly allows himself to see that there are faults on the team other than the QB now that he has a man crush behind Center. Burrow is a better QB. No doubt about that at all and he got Cincy 2 whole wins before the below par team got him injured for the rest of the season, which I predicted would happen. #1 overall QBs don't do well on teams that earned the #1 pick. Peyton Manning is the exception and Troy Aikman went to a run heavy team.

I pointed out to someone else on the board how sensitive he gets when people don't praise Mighty Joe. He hadn't noticed it before . . . he does now. Keep watching. He can't control himself when there is even the slightest criticism of Burrow. He'll be along shortly after to "correct" them or mock them. It's sad, actually. "Everyone is entitled to MY own opinion"
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 03:24 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Cosmo gets too emotional when discussing QBs, which is the Nancy reference. He blamed Dalton for almost everything, got upset when I tried to tell him that Dalton wasn't the problem and now he suddenly allows himself to see that there are faults on the team other than the QB now that he has a man crush behind Center. Burrow is a better QB. No doubt about that at all and he got Cincy 2 whole wins before the below par team got him injured for the rest of the season, which I predicted would happen. #1 overall QBs don't do well on teams that earned the #1 pick. Peyton Manning is the exception and Troy Aikman went to a run heavy team.

I pointed out to someone else on the board how sensitive he gets when people don't praise Mighty Joe. He hadn't noticed it before . . . he does now. Keep watching. He can't control himself when there is even the slightest criticism of Burrow. He'll be along shortly after to "correct" them or mock them. It's sad, actually. "Everyone is entitled to MY own opinion"

What’s funny to me is I got accused of being “obsessed” with Dalton for years on here, yet it’s a couple of disgruntled members of the Dalton Gang (you’re one the biggest) that still bring him up constantly when all I want to do is move forward. The childish (and sexist) crap like constantly saying my username wrong, or insinuating I have some “man crush” on Joe Burrow (most of our fan base loves them some Joe Burrow btw) just makes you look bad, not me.

Also, Peyton Manning was not the exception. He went 3-13 his rookie season, only completed 56% of his passes, and threw 28 INT’s.

And you’re 100% full of shit with the “blamed Dalton for everything” nonsense. That’s not even close to being true. There were plenty of issues during those years, but he deserved his fair share of the blame for not being able to get some pretty good teams over the hump. I never came on here like some troll and claimed he wasn’t any good. Because that would be dishonest. I did however grow tired of the constant excuse making year after year (Marvin, lack of weapons outside AJ, OC’s, OL, etc), and being labeled a hater for daring to include Dalton as part of the problem. I was told no other QB could look any better behind our terrible OL (except a rookie Joe Burrow did). I was told Dalton would go to the Pats or some other team and prove he was being held back here (but no one wanted him as a starter and the team he did land with couldn’t even win the worst division in the league).

But this has gone on long enough, and I probably shouldn’t have even replied to your downer post. It just seemed entirely unnecessary to state such an obvious fact (you mean he really still has a long road ahead of him??! Well shit, I’m glad Forever Spinning Vinyl gave us his firsthand expertise on how Joe running is no big deal at this point). Some people probably thought it meant he’s just about all healed. Glad we got that cleared up.

But to get back on topic, I’m glad to hear Joe hasn’t hit any setbacks and is right on schedule. That can only be seen as good news. And I appreciate Holic providing the update.

Reply/Quote
LOL

Like I said . . . He gets emotional, he can't control himself and he's the one that brought up Dalton.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 07:15 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: LOL

Like I said . . . He gets emotional, he can't control himself and he's the one that brought up Dalton.

I got “emotional” because another grown ass man on the internet started talking about “cradling balls and shafts.” Seriously, wtf?

And I brought up Dalton to let the poster that asked what your problem was know where your hostility stems from.

I mean, ffs all I did was post a silly captain obvious pic on your comment, and you decided to get nasty. But I’m the “emotional” one? Right...

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 11:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I guess my main issue is that he turned whiney after 1 bad year.

Guys like Phillip Rivers, Matt Ryan and Eli Manning stuck with their teams through some bad seasons. I have more respect for those guys. DW is extremely talented but showing out like Wentz IMO.

Wetnz sat on a bench and won a SB ring, Watson put up MVP numbers and won 4 games.  Watson is talented enough to get ibterest elsewhere so he should give that a shot if he wants.  It's not a bad season in Houston so much as a vibe of long term doom approaching. 

Side note it was funny watching Steeler fans gloat that cancerous AB and Bell whined their ways to crappier teams only to see them both playing in a SB.  

Wait...this isn't the burrow or Watson thread...wacky. 
Reply/Quote
If mybookie or one of those sites offered odds, I would bet heavily that he will be ready week 1. No just because of modern medicine but because of how I know that guy is going at approach his rehab. He will be even stronger next season.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 03:24 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Cosmo gets too emotional when discussing QBs, which is the Nancy reference. He blamed Dalton for almost everything, got upset when I tried to tell him that Dalton wasn't the problem and now he suddenly allows himself to see that there are faults on the team other than the QB now that he has a man crush behind Center. Burrow is a better QB. No doubt about that at all and he got Cincy 2 whole wins before the below par team got him injured for the rest of the season, which I predicted would happen. #1 overall QBs don't do well on teams that earned the #1 pick. Peyton Manning is the exception and Troy Aikman went to a run heavy team.

So much anger.

As to the number #1 pick statement. Cam Newton won MVP, and went to a super bowl, Andrew Luck was a stud and consistently had his team in the playoffs before retiring, Baker Mayfield took the lowly Browns to the playoffs, and Carson Palmer brought us out of the dark ages. Soooo not sure what your smoking about #1 picks having success, unless your only definition of success is winning the super bowl.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 10:58 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote:  unless your only definition of success is winning the super bowl.

ultimately thats whats its all about
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 11:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I guess my main issue is that he turned whiney after 1 bad year.

Guys like Phillip Rivers, Matt Ryan and Eli Manning stuck with their teams through some bad seasons. I have more respect for those guys. DW is extremely talented but showing out like Wentz IMO.

1 bad year, but also 4 years under an ownership that thought handing the keys to the entire team, FO and all, to Bill O'Brien was a good idea. Lol

Hopkins got traded away, Watt is going to be gone, they're spending $20m/yr on Tunsil (lol)... Watson is one of only 2 players to be a Pro Bowler for the Texans in the last 2 years. One of only 3 in the last 3 years (Hopkins was the 3rd, who is gone). 

They just hired a 65-year-old first time HC who was passing game coordinator for a team that has been 32nd and 27th in passing yards the last 2 years.

Things aren't looking up for Houston. 

(02-09-2021, 11:48 PM)jason Wrote: Eli Manning forced a trade before ever taking a snap in the NFL.

And won 2 SBs because of it. 

Meanwhile Rivers went where Eli was going to go and never even got to go to a single SB in 17 years despite being statistically superior.

Eli obviously made the right choice there.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 11:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: ultimately thats whats its all about

Then why all the fuss about putting Kenny Anderson in the HOF? If that’s the only measure of success, then guys like Doug Johnson and Trent Dilfer should be held in higher regard than People like Dan Marino and Jim Kelly, right?

So are you saying that in the 55 years of the Super Bowl era, there has only been 33 successful QBs? That includes a list of Nick Foles, Doug Johnson, Trent Dilfer, etc.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 11:07 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1 bad year, but also 4 years under an ownership that thought handing the keys to the entire team, FO and all, to Bill O'Brien was a good idea. Lol

Hopkins got traded away, Watt is going to be gone, they're spending $20m/yr on Tunsil (lol)... Watson is one of only 2 players to be a Pro Bowler for the Texans in the last 2 years. One of only 3 in the last 3 years (Hopkins was the 3rd, who is gone). 

They just hired a 65-year-old first time HC who was passing game coordinator for a team that has been 32nd and 27th in passing yards the last 2 years.

Meanwhile Rivers went where Eli was going to go and never even got to go to a single SB in 17 years despite being statistically superior.

I wasn't getting into right or wrong. I was just pointing out that he was holding Watson to a different standard than Eli. I think Deshaun is making the right move though. People may not like it, but he's got an opportunity to end up on the Jets with all that cap space, and lure other top free agents to join him next year... Ala LeBron James as a Laker. I know some old school types don't like players calling shots though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 11:08 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Then why all the fuss about putting Kenny Anderson in the HOF? If that’s the only measure of success, then guys like Doug Johnson and Trent Dilfer should be held in higher regard than People like Dan Marino and Jim Kelly, right?

So are you saying that in the 55 years of the Super Bowl era, there has only been 33 successful QBs? That includes a list of Nick Foles, Doug Johnson, Trent Dilfer, etc.

you can try and put words in my mouth all i said was winning a super bowl is what its all about and the ultimate benchmark of success in the league.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 12:28 PM)jason Wrote: I wasn't getting into right or wrong. I was just pointing out that he was holding Watson to a different standard than Eli. I think Deshaun is making the right move though. People may not like it, but he's got an opportunity to end up on the Jets with all that cap space, and lure other top free agents to join him next year... Ala LeBron James as a Laker. I know some old school types don't like players calling shots though.

Yes I am holding them to different standards. One guy made his decision before committing to a team and the other guy signed a contract and now wants out. They are very different scenarios in my eyes.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 11:07 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1 bad year, but also 4 years under an ownership that thought handing the keys to the entire team, FO and all, to Bill O'Brien was a good idea. Lol

OBrien years in Houston:

2013 (Year before OBrien): 2-14
2014: 9-7
2015: 9-7
2016: 9-7
2017: 4-12
2018: 11-5
2019: 10-6
2020: 4-12

Maybe we should bring this guy to Cinci lol
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 12:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: OBrien years in Houston:

I'm afraid he'd trade Tee Higgins for Adrian Peterson...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 12:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: OBrien years in Houston:

And yet despite playing in a very weak division and having JJ Watt, DeShaun Watson, DeAndre Hopkins, Jadeveon Clowney, etc, he only won 2 playoff games while managing to completely destroy the franchise. They also have no 1st round pick for a second year in a row, and no 2nd round pick this year either. So can't even fix it.

Texans have the worst odds in football (tied with the Lions) to win the SB in 2021.

Pass.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 12:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you can try and put words in my mouth all i said was winning a super bowl is what its all about and the ultimate benchmark of success in the league.

Is that the only way to measure success?
Reply/Quote