Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow to start running
(02-10-2021, 12:49 PM)jason Wrote: I'm afraid he'd trade Tee Higgins for Adrian Peterson...

Well he wouldn’t be the GM here... not possible! Lol
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 12:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And yet despite playing in a very weak division and having JJ Watt, DeShaun Watson, DeAndre Hopkins, Jadeveon Clowney, etc, he only won 2 playoff games while managing to completely destroy the franchise. They also have no 1st round pick for a second year in a row, and no 2nd round pick this year either. So can't even fix it.

Texans have the worst odds in football (tied with the Lions) to win the SB in 2021.

Pass.

Only won 2 playoff games would be high achievement here... just sayin.
Reply/Quote
Incredible. Great news.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 12:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And yet despite playing in a very weak division and having JJ Watt, DeShaun Watson, DeAndre Hopkins, Jadeveon Clowney, etc, he only won 2 playoff games while managing to completely destroy the franchise. They also have no 1st round pick for a second year in a row, and no 2nd round pick this year either. So can't even fix it.

Texans have the worst odds in football (tied with the Lions) to win the SB in 2021.

Pass.

You know it's bad when your odds are worse than ours .... Nervous

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 01:45 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Only won 2 playoff games would be high achievement here... just sayin.

LoL.....this is true as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
So Joe is trying to start running today eh? Great news, hope everything goes well and he doesn't hurt anything...
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 10:58 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: So much anger.

As to the number #1 pick statement. Cam Newton won MVP, and went to a super bowl, Andrew Luck was a stud and consistently had his team in the playoffs before retiring, Baker Mayfield took the lowly Browns to the playoffs, and Carson Palmer brought us out of the dark ages. Soooo not sure what your smoking about #1 picks having success, unless your only definition of success is winning the super bowl.

LOL

Please, by all means, point out where I have "so much anger" in this thread. You've already been accused of trying to put words into another posters mouth in this thread. I said "#1 overall QBs don't do well on teams that earned the #1 pick". I didn't say anything about success.

As far as your choices of #1 QBs, Cam Newton has never been a passing threat. He has had one season with more than 24 passing TDs. He has a career passer rating of 85.8 . . . Andy Dalton has a career passer rating of 87.5 and nobody considers him a passing threat.

As late as December, no one in the Browns organization would publicly commit to Baker Mayfield's fifth year option. Good rookie season, poor 2nd year and an up and down third year that he finished well.

Carson Palmer has a career 46-51 record as a Bengal. He has two winning seasons in Cincinnati and his second one came on a team committed to the run. He was never the same after his knee injury and wound up walking away from the team that drafted him #1.

Andrew Luck is the poster child as to why a team that earned the #1 overall pick should trade out of that spot instead of ruining the kids career by being sacked out of the league. Phenomenal QB that only played 86 games. That's less than 5 and a half seasons in 7 years. By that measure, start looking for Burrow's replacement in early 2025 because he'll be out of the league after the 2026 season. Luck retired because he was tired of spending the entirety of every off-season trying to recuperate for the coming season. After missing all of 2017, he was only sacked 18 times his final season and still wasn't ready for the 2019 season when it began. Burrow was sacked 19 times from weeks 2 through 5 alone (3, 8, 1, 7) and was injured in a game that he wasn't sacked.

You might call Luck a success, I'd say that it didn't work out well for him.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 03:13 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: LOL

Please, by all means, point out where I have "so much anger" in this thread. You've already been accused of trying to put words into another posters mouth in this thread. I said "#1 overall QBs don't do well on teams that earned the #1 pick". I didn't say anything about success.

As far as your choices of #1 QBs, Cam Newton has never been a passing threat. He has had one season with more than 24 passing TDs. He has a career passer rating of 85.8 . . . Andy Dalton has a career passer rating of 87.5 and nobody considers him a passing threat.

As late as December, no one in the Browns organization would publicly commit to Baker Mayfield's fifth year option. Good rookie season, poor 2nd year and an up and down third year that he finished well.

Carson Palmer has a career 46-51 record as a Bengal. He has two winning seasons in Cincinnati and his second one came on a team committed to the run. He was never the same after his knee injury and wound up walking away from the team that drafted him #1.

Andrew Luck is the poster child as to why a team that earned the #1 overall pick should trade out of that spot instead of ruining the kids career by being sacked out of the league. Phenomenal QB that only played 86 games. That's less than 5 and a half seasons in 7 years. By that measure, start looking for Burrow's replacement in early 2025 because he'll be out of the league after the 2026 season. Luck retired because he was tired of spending the entirety of every off-season trying to recuperate for the coming season. After missing all of 2017, he was only sacked 18 times his final season and still wasn't ready for the 2019 season when it began. Burrow was sacked 19 times from weeks 2 through 5 alone (3, 8, 1, 7) and was injured in a game that he wasn't sacked.

You might call Luck a success, I'd say that it didn't work out well for him.

Hurling three insults at one poster in one individual post does not exactly scream happy ball of sunshine.

He never even elaborated once I asked him about success, so obviously he didn’t have anything else worth saying.

Your measure of success or “doing well” is very subjective. You named four QBs who have had very different paths, most would say were successful, and used your own different critiques for saying they were not. I mean, if you used Super Bowl wins as your criteria, sure you would be right, but you didn’t. Your reasons for not being able to say they were successful are a classic case of “moving the goalposts.”
Reply/Quote
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 06:28 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Hurling three insults at one poster in one individual post does not exactly scream happy ball of sunshine.

He never even elaborated once I asked him about success, so obviously he didn’t have anything else worth saying.

Your measure of success or “doing well” is very subjective. You named four QBs who have had very different paths, most would say were successful, and used your own different  critiques for saying they were not. I mean, if you used Super Bowl wins as your criteria, sure you would be right, but you didn’t. Your reasons for not being able to say they were successful are a classic case of “moving the goalposts.”

1) Cosmo often quotes me trying to get a response whereas I have ignored him for the most part over the last year. He referred to me as Captain Obvious, I responded in kind.

2) The 4 QBs that I named were the 4 QBs that you named.

3) I moved the goal posts back to what I was actually talking about and away from what you thought I was talking about. My apologies for your confusion.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 06:54 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: 1) Cosmo often quotes me trying to get a response whereas I have ignored him for the most part over the last year. He referred to me as Captain Obvious, I responded in kind.

2) The 4 QBs that I named were the 4 QBs that you named.

3) I moved the goal posts back to what I was actually talking about and away from what you thought I was talking about. My apologies for your confusion.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4821544]

Reply/Quote
Is anybody else wondering where Burrow stands on his rehab? The articles were out that he was to start running, but now that time has come and gone and I feel like it had been radio silence for the past 2-3 weeks. I tried searching for any update but came up empty.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 09:43 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Is anybody else wondering where Burrow stands on his rehab? The articles were out that he was to start running, but now that time has come and gone and I feel like it had been radio silence for the past 2-3 weeks. I tried searching for any update but came up empty.

Rehab is a slow, monotonous process.  Not every day is breaking news.  Hopefully, we'll read about him being able to run and cut before training camp.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 10:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Rehab is a slow, monotonous process.  Not every day is breaking news.  Hopefully, we'll read about him being able to run and cut before training camp.

Indeed it is. I thought since they were promoting his timeline of running that 2-3 weeks later they might actually show him running straight lines even.
Reply/Quote
I just hope that injury doesn't affect Joe down the road. He is a very underrated running QB despite his pocket prowess.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 04:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just hope that injury doesn't affect Joe down the road. He is a very underrated running QB despite his pocket prowess.

Deshaun Watson has me encouraged in that regard.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 02:02 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Deshaun Watson has me encouraged in that regard.  

Thanks Boss, this helps my optimism. Wink
Reply/Quote
Burrow to start running 

Start running and with the O-line in front of him, don't stop.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 07:15 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: LOL

Like I said . . . He gets emotional, he can't control himself and he's the one that brought up Dalton.

Now kids, in the immortal words of Thumper the rabbit..."If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all.." 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote